slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 7:02:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/1/2013 12:27:03 AM, FREEDO wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

That is cool. Can't wait until one can get a shot of this with wheat grass in the smoothie.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:25:23 PM
CO2 still needs to be expelled by the body, which is why this only works for around 10 minutes.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 7:37:53 PM
I wonder, if you can circulate oxygen and keep the brain alive even without breathing, could a person be conscious while this is happening?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 7:47:43 PM
At 5/1/2013 7:37:53 PM, Wnope wrote:
I wonder, if you can circulate oxygen and keep the brain alive even without breathing, could a person be conscious while this is happening?

It see no reason for people not to be. Unless breathing while this process is underway is somehow harmful and the lungs aren't damaged enough to prevent their functioning. Then remaining conscious could come with significant risks, as breathing is second-nature to us.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 9:51:01 PM
At 5/1/2013 7:37:53 PM, Wnope wrote:

*discretion advised*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:20:30 AM
At 5/1/2013 5:25:23 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
CO2 still needs to be expelled by the body, which is why this only works for around 10 minutes.

first thing come to my mind is: a brain in a jar..
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:05:18 AM
This could be a new fad in the pet industry... I'd certainly buy a head for my living room.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.