Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

3D Printed Guns

drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:24:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It might make things difficult (or at least still not too easy) for an average junkie, since they'd have to own or know someone who owns an expensive-@ss 3D printer to get a gun. Plus, you can't 3D-print gunpowder or primer, and if you make caseless rounds with the same type of resin as the projectile, the projectile would immediately vaporize. Regulations would shift towards ammunition, due to the difficulty of 3D-printing metal objects, and the difficulty of making bullets out of non-metallic materials.

Of course, firearms made of metal will always be the superior choice. 3D-printed guns will be regarded as disposable pieces of crap.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 4:02:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

Anything is hackable. Which means that that crypto-currencies aren't necessarily going to remain cryptic. For instance, BitCoin isn't anonymous. Doesn't even require hacking (http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com...).

And for that matter, we've had zip guns around for years. Decades, even.
slo1
Posts: 4,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 4:14:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:12:52 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:


How's that gun control discussion going?

That is why I am going to practice with my sling shot. I'll devise smelly-pus-pellets that explode on contact. Nobody will fight me with smell pus all over them.

So why you have the ATF surrounding your house to give up your printed guns, I will have successfully defended my house with slung-shotted-smelly-pus-pellets.

Not to mention the ATF will invade your printer with nano-printed nano-bots and alter it to produce can coolers with a "ATF Rocks" logo.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 4:37:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:24:29 PM, drhead wrote:
It might make things difficult (or at least still not too easy) for an average junkie, since they'd have to own or know someone who owns an expensive-@ss 3D printer to get a gun. Plus, you can't 3D-print gunpowder or primer, and if you make caseless rounds with the same type of resin as the projectile, the projectile would immediately vaporize. Regulations would shift towards ammunition, due to the difficulty of 3D-printing metal objects, and the difficulty of making bullets out of non-metallic materials.

Of course, firearms made of metal will always be the superior choice. 3D-printed guns will be regarded as disposable pieces of crap.
^This^.

And like he said (video) you can carve a lot of these parts out of wood, etc. I'd like to add that you can create a make-shift shotgun out of pipes, etc. Let's be honest, drugs are illegal (pot, coke, heroin, crack, meth, etc.) and you can find them in any US city without too much difficulty. The same will happen if firearms are banned.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 4:47:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Expensive? Home 3D printers are fairly affordable. And only certain parts of the gun are regulated, meaning that's the only part you have to fabricate.

https://store.makerbot.com...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 8:20:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 4:02:04 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

Anything is hackable. Which means that that crypto-currencies aren't necessarily going to remain cryptic. For instance, BitCoin isn't anonymous. Doesn't even require hacking (http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com...).

1. I didn't mention bitcoin for a reason: better cryptocurrencies are being developed.
2. When used in conjunction with an anonymous browser and OpenSSL, purchases with crypto-currencies are anonymous.

And for that matter, we've had zip guns around for years. Decades, even.

And you printed these zip guns out of a printer after downloading a 3D file? Cool.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:38:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 8:20:07 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/7/2013 4:02:04 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

Anything is hackable. Which means that that crypto-currencies aren't necessarily going to remain cryptic. For instance, BitCoin isn't anonymous. Doesn't even require hacking (http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com...).

1. I didn't mention bitcoin for a reason: better cryptocurrencies are being developed.
2. When used in conjunction with an anonymous browser and OpenSSL, purchases with crypto-currencies are anonymous.

Doesn't mean they can't necessarily be hacked. Moreover, I should hope that they would be capable of being hacked, since as it stands BitCoins can and have been known to be used for illegal activities, and being able to trace the flow of money would be useful. I've run into people who extorted money for a botnet by performing DDOS attacks on people's websites.

And for that matter, we've had zip guns around for years. Decades, even.

And you printed these zip guns out of a printer after downloading a 3D file? Cool.

Actually, I could probably make them out of a few pieces of metal piping. And some string.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 9:36:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/8/2013 8:38:00 AM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 5/7/2013 8:20:07 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/7/2013 4:02:04 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

Anything is hackable. Which means that that crypto-currencies aren't necessarily going to remain cryptic. For instance, BitCoin isn't anonymous. Doesn't even require hacking (http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com...).

1. I didn't mention bitcoin for a reason: better cryptocurrencies are being developed.
2. When used in conjunction with an anonymous browser and OpenSSL, purchases with crypto-currencies are anonymous.

Doesn't mean they can't necessarily be hacked. Moreover, I should hope that they would be capable of being hacked, since as it stands BitCoins can and have been known to be used for illegal activities, and being able to trace the flow of money would be useful. I've run into people who extorted money for a botnet by performing DDOS attacks on people's websites.

And for that matter, we've had zip guns around for years. Decades, even.

And you printed these zip guns out of a printer after downloading a 3D file? Cool.

Actually, I could probably make them out of a few pieces of metal piping. And some string.

Until you provide me with a proof that affirms P=NP, it won't be done unless someone is really lucky or has a few million years of spare time. Or quantum computers, in the case of Shor's algorithm. Though we're already developing quantum-proof encryption, from what I hear. If that affects bitcoin, it'll be replaced by something like QuantumCoin or whatever.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 11:10:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Quantum computing is far away from us now, especially qc for the masses. That said, quantum cryptography is alive and well and in use in certain communications. It can still use RSA-style cryptography which can be cracked using a quantum computer on it's own BUT quantum encrypted communications cannot be snooped upon without both parties knowing. In other words, if you attempt to "listen" to a qec, both parties will be alerted so this will prompt them to cease communications and change their cryptographic scheme. Regardless, there is also lattice-based cryptography that has no quantum algorithm to solve. Anyways, this is all way off base.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 1:25:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/8/2013 8:38:00 AM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 5/7/2013 8:20:07 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/7/2013 4:02:04 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

Anything is hackable. Which means that that crypto-currencies aren't necessarily going to remain cryptic. For instance, BitCoin isn't anonymous. Doesn't even require hacking (http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com...).

1. I didn't mention bitcoin for a reason: better cryptocurrencies are being developed.
2. When used in conjunction with an anonymous browser and OpenSSL, purchases with crypto-currencies are anonymous.

Doesn't mean they can't necessarily be hacked. Moreover, I should hope that they would be capable of being hacked, since as it stands BitCoins can and have been known to be used for illegal activities, and being able to trace the flow of money would be useful. I've run into people who extorted money for a botnet by performing DDOS attacks on people's websites.

[ http://www.businessinsider.com...] [http://www.wired.com...] [https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...]

And for that matter, we've had zip guns around for years. Decades, even.

And you printed these zip guns out of a printer after downloading a 3D file? Cool.

Actually, I could probably make them out of a few pieces of metal piping. And some string.

[http://tinyurl.com...]
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Idiot
Posts: 347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 4:54:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Their usage of the Sandy Hook weapon for their prototype is reminiscent of Darwin and his peculiar taste for the sampling of all animal flesh, each of their ideas so revolutionary in their fields and proposed with these personal flairs that could be seen in themselves to rail against some of the moralities put forward as contrarian points of view.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 1:44:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

It is remarkable what one can find with the right web browser.
Tsar of DDO
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 1:46:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 1:44:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

It is remarkable what one can find with the right web browser.

Indeed. http://thepiratebay.sx...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 4:07:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am eagerly waiting for the day where I can pirate a schematic for a high-end PC and put it in my 3D printer. Bam, free stuff.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 4:22:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 4:07:27 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
I am eagerly waiting for the day where I can pirate a schematic for a high-end PC and put it in my 3D printer. Bam, free stuff.

Best of all, nobody would have any grounds to complain, since their manufacturing costs would essentially be nil.

Though I think the ability to 3D-print graphene transistors is a bit far off. There are so many different materials involved in making computers, it'd be difficult to do all of it.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 4:44:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 1:46:02 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/10/2013 1:44:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

It is remarkable what one can find with the right web browser.

Indeed. http://thepiratebay.sx...

http://memegenerator.net...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 1:36:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 4:44:32 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 5/10/2013 1:46:02 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/10/2013 1:44:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

It is remarkable what one can find with the right web browser.

Indeed. http://thepiratebay.sx...

http://memegenerator.net...

http://www.topsecretwriters.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 5:34:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 1:36:50 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/10/2013 4:44:32 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 5/10/2013 1:46:02 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 5/10/2013 1:44:30 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/7/2013 3:38:00 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
1. Ammo can be bought online.
2. The rise of crypto-currencies ensures anonymity of purchases using an anonymous browser.

It is remarkable what one can find with the right web browser.

Indeed. http://thepiratebay.sx...

http://memegenerator.net...

http://www.topsecretwriters.com...
Tsar of DDO
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 8:30:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to print and bear arms shall not be infringed"

But really, it won't be a problem right now, but when 3d printers go down in price, it's probably going to be a problem. My dad told me Glenn Beck(I can't stand him, but my conservative parents love him) tried to print one a $2500 printer, and it didn't work.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA