Jump to topic:

new life form

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 8:52:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Suppose science was able to write genetic code and create a process there by mimicking the use of a sperm like thing with it's own separate genetic code and a egg like thing with it's own separate genetic code and joined them together and created a fertilized egg so to speak and it started to multiply into a living multi celled form of life containing genetic code from both the egg and sperm but would immediately die if removed from the artificial environment it was created in would that be called an "Unviable" form of new life?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 10:24:00 PM
Not necessarily. Viability refers to the genetic compatibility between organisms. Technically speaking, the zygote is viable.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 9:11:39 PM
At 6/29/2013 10:24:00 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Not necessarily. Viability refers to the genetic compatibility between organisms. Technically speaking, the zygote is viable.
Obviously on the proviso that the organism said zygote develops into produces new eggs and sperm of its own that can reproduce. Otherwise it's just a fancy mule.