Jump to topic:

27 Scientific Breakthroughs Last Year

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 7:01:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is all cool stuff. Number 8 is a little freaky to me though.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 7:18:29 AM
That was beautiful. I love science so much.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 9:16:51 AM
Very cool,

Interestingly there is alot of science that has yet to butt heads with religion. IE: How many souls does a Chimera human have?

Chimera is when two or more fertilized eggs, which are traditionally thought of as distinct humans with their own soul, fuse together to create one distinct human.

At some point genetics technology is going to cause one of those historical moments where science and religion go toe to toe in a great dilemma and a new paradigm results in the end.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:02:43 AM
At 7/10/2013 9:16:51 AM, slo1 wrote:
Very cool,

Interestingly there is alot of science that has yet to butt heads with religion. IE: How many souls does a Chimera human have?

1.75 obviously.

Chimera is when two or more fertilized eggs, which are traditionally thought of as distinct humans with their own soul, fuse together to create one distinct human.

At some point genetics technology is going to cause one of those historical moments where science and religion go toe to toe in a great dilemma and a new paradigm results in the end.

I don't think it'll be that sudden. Religion (at last as it currently is) will likely just continue on in its current, steady decline.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 12:44:22 PM
At 7/10/2013 3:49:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
This is an amazing list.

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com...
How the F did James Cameron get on that list?

All great stuff, some of the headlines a bit hyped though.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 4:32:43 AM
At 7/10/2013 7:18:29 AM, 000ike wrote:
That was beautiful. I love science so much.

It's your religion, you heathen.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 5:04:48 AM
This is pretty damn cool. One suggestion though: let's blow up that f*cking Death Star planet!!