Jump to topic:

I'm going to a Catholic Healing Mass tomorrow

GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2013 9:51:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Any suggestions? This is sort of a scientific experiment for me. I want to faint. Any tips? Should I lock my knees? "Make myself believe" that I'm going to faint?

Or is God really behind all this?

Am I going to get cured of my Lexapro (psychiatric drug) withdrawal?

We shall see...
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 1:18:47 AM
At 7/15/2013 9:51:39 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
Any suggestions? This is sort of a scientific experiment for me. I want to faint. Any tips? Should I lock my knees? "Make myself believe" that I'm going to faint?

Or is God really behind all this?

Am I going to get cured of my Lexapro (psychiatric drug) withdrawal?

We shall see...

On the subject of conventional solutions, has your doctor tried putting you on fluoxetine for about a week? Lexapro has a very short medical half-life, which tends to cause the discontinuation symptoms you've described (the brain doesn't have time to get used to the lack of the drug). This is probably why your doctor was hesitant to take you off of it - the withdrawal symptoms are bad and can become persistent if the brain isn't allowed to readjust, and it is difficult to taper a medicine with a 10-hour medical half-life.

Though I feel I must warn you that faith remedies and other alternative medicines are a dangerous path that can not end well, and are no substitute for real medical care.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 11:25:02 AM
This withdrawal has been going on for over a year, and the rate of progress it's making is not acceptable.

Had my doctor not been an idiot and tapered me off longer than 2 weeks, I probably wouldn't be in this mess.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 2:02:41 PM
At 7/16/2013 11:25:02 AM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
This withdrawal has been going on for over a year, and the rate of progress it's making is not acceptable.

Had my doctor not been an idiot and tapered me off longer than 2 weeks, I probably wouldn't be in this mess.

Yes, but something can still be done about it to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms. Like I said, you'd just have to go on a relatively low dose of fluoxetine for a while and taper off of that. What you were on doesn't last as long as fluoxetine, so the withdrawal symptoms can hit very suddenly if you take a dose at the wrong time. Fluoxetine lasts quite a bit longer and will go out of your system more slowly, giving your brain more time to adjust to it. At the very least, it won't make things worse.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 10:48:24 PM
At 7/16/2013 2:02:41 PM, drhead wrote:
At the very least, it won't make things worse.

I don't believe that (no offense to you). Anecdotal evidence from paxilprogress.org strongly suggests otherwise, as does my own experience.

I tried using small doses of Zoloft to make the withdrawal better less than 2 weeks after I went cold-turkey, and holy mother of f*cking hell sl*t wh*re, I've never felt worse in my life. I can only explain it by saying it felt like someone stuck some of those egg blender spikes inside my brain and turned it out full speed. And this was ON TOP of the already existing Lexapro withdrawal! But it's hard to describe emotional pain; this is the best analogy I can come up with it. I was sincerely hoping I would die for 2 days.

Never touching a psychiatric drug again. EVER.

By the way, I just came back from that healing service. Turns out it was just a rosary thing, where the priest 'heals' you after.

I kept a genuinely open mind the entire time, and I honestly was stuck in the middle: maybe God exists and Catholicism is true, or maybe not.

I'm pretty damn convinced that Catholicism is wrong. If I had to pick one religion, I would pick Catholicism because it's my favorite and makes the MOST sense to me compared to other religions, though.

At the very least, this 'healing' ritual was an OBVIOUS sham.

So, we pray the rosary without the priest because he is late. Then, we pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet because he is STILL late. Then, he finally gets here, walks in without saying a word, sprinkles everyone with holy water, and pulls out a vial or something of holy oil and starts 'healing' people.

Every once in a while it seemed people weren't falling victim to his hypnosis so he would command them (which sounded kind of annoyed, lol) to "CLOSE YOUR EYES."

Then he got to me. He never said a word to me. I gave him my card with my intentions on it (to be cured of whatever my past drug use had done to me, even though it was legally prescribed) and he dipped his finger in oil, made the sign of the cross on my forehead, and then pushed (gently at first) on my forehead with (both?) of his hands (I forgot if it was both his hands). I was kind of annoyed, I mean, I clearly wasn't agreeing with him pushing my head back, but he kept on pushing.

So I figured, well, might as well let the Holy Spirit work. At the very least, I may get hypnotized if I go along with it, and I've always wanted to be hypnotized.

So I closed my eyes and let my head go back.

Jesus f*cking Christ, this motherf*cker acted like he almost wanted to snap my head off! LOL. (I was sitting in a chair). I kept pushing my head farther and farther back. I felt like an idiot closing my eyes and going along with this sh*t, but then I remembered, everyone else is falling for it, so no worries.

Interestingly, I DID feel a weird feeling that can best be described as slightly disorienting (which kind of scared me, but I tried to cooperate), peaceful (not really, but kind of, yes) and sleepy.

HOWEVER, I replicated this feeling just now by doing the same actions to myself. Ha.

Then, the priest left as quickly as he came, since I think I was the last one.

It all makes sense to me. He knows he is full of sh*t, and does it just for the attention or whatever. So he misses the long prayer part on purpose, gets there late, doesn't talk, does his magic trick, and leaves.

By the way he is Father Manny, you can Google him, he is the first result. He also wrote a book (or so I've heard) where he claims an angel convinced him not to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge.

LOL.

I think it went more like, "Hey, I'm gonna kill myself, so I might as well try scamming people for attention first! What can I lose?"

I know I said that I wasn't Catholic a while back, but I wasn't sure.

Now, I'm OFFICIALLY not Catholic.

I'm not anything.

I'm a speck floating in the universe? I have no idea. Lol. I would love to be comforted by the idea that there is an afterlife, but I'm not so sure about that now. Oh well.
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 12:38:10 AM
Also, this priest apparently once 'healed' someone with cancer by praying over them, proclaiming them to be 'cured', and they were cured of leukemia!

Guess he's another Jim Jones. Or maybe, not quite as bad.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 1:21:40 AM
At 7/16/2013 10:48:24 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

I don't believe that (no offense to you). Anecdotal evidence from paxilprogress.org strongly suggests otherwise, as does my own experience.

I tried using small doses of Zoloft to make the withdrawal better less than 2 weeks after I went cold-turkey, and holy mother of f*cking hell sl*t wh*re, I've never felt worse in my life. I can only explain it by saying it felt like someone stuck some of those egg blender spikes inside my brain and turned it out full speed. And this was ON TOP of the already existing Lexapro withdrawal! But it's hard to describe emotional pain; this is the best analogy I can come up with it. I was sincerely hoping I would die for 2 days.

...I don't know what your doctor was thinking there, Zoloft (sertraline) isn't much better than escitalopram in terms of withdrawal.

Seriously though, just ask if your doctor can put you on Prozac (fluoxetine) for your withdrawal. It's much safer than what you were on previously, and it will get rid of any withdrawal symptoms you have with a relatively low dose. What you experienced with the Zoloft was likely the symptoms of going on an SSRI, which shouldn't be too present with fluoxetine.
Wall of Fail

GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:22:30 AM
At 7/17/2013 1:21:40 AM, drhead wrote:
At 7/16/2013 10:48:24 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:

...I don't know what your doctor was thinking there, Zoloft (sertraline) isn't much better than escitalopram in terms of withdrawal.

Seriously though, just ask if your doctor can put you on Prozac (fluoxetine) for your withdrawal. It's much safer than what you were on previously, and it will get rid of any withdrawal symptoms you have with a relatively low dose. What you experienced with the Zoloft was likely the symptoms of going on an SSRI, which shouldn't be too present with fluoxetine.

It wasn't my Zoloft.

Anyways.

I'm not touching any SSRI again. If what you are saying really helped, paxilprogress.org wouldn't exist.