Jump to topic:

Is this possible?

Delucha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 5:03:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is it possible for an object's center (eg an a perfect sphere) to allign perfectly with centers of two other objects in reality? Theoretically it seems possible if you place identical balls on a perfect plane and roll one ball past the line created by two objects, but i dont think such plane is possible..
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 4:28:41 PM
At 8/12/2013 5:03:48 AM, Delucha wrote:
Is it possible for an object's center (eg an a perfect sphere) to allign perfectly with centers of two other objects in reality? Theoretically it seems possible if you place identical balls on a perfect plane and roll one ball past the line created by two objects, but i dont think such plane is possible..

Concentric circles or spheres?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Delucha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 4:51:53 PM
At 8/12/2013 4:28:41 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Concentric circles or spheres?

spheres.. but anything really with a defined center
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 5:07:31 PM
Are you just asking if it's possible to get the exact centers of 3 separate objects to line up, or whether it's possible to have three separate objects (presumably one within another) to have the same center?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 7:32:53 PM
At 8/12/2013 5:07:31 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Are you just asking if it's possible to get the exact centers of 3 separate objects to line up, or whether it's possible to have three separate objects (presumably one within another) to have the same center?

Concentric anything works actually.

I really didn't get the "identical balls and roll one ball past the line created by two objects" thing at all, I'm pretty sure that doesn't work.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 9:42:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong

So your saying if two identical spherical balls possessed an axis on a flat surface, could someone theoretically roll another identical sphere that would fall on the axis.

Well presumably yes, but the chances would be extremely low for such an event to occur. Like hitting a bull's-eye from gigametre away.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:54:50 PM

it is possible if such objects are intangible
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.