Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Proof that we are all one human race.

SitaraPorDios
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 10:39:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://science.howstuffworks.com...
Jesus is the only way to be saved.
http://www.biblegateway.com...
Liberalism is the superior philosophy.
If you are going to talk dirty to me, say it in Spanish.
I will respect you if you respect me. Otherwise, no.
Enji
Posts: 1,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 12:54:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Gen 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 1:10:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah.... I don't think anybody was arguing against that.... ever.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 4:12:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.

Not saying there is an active debate, but there are people who believe certain ethnicities are not, yes. Probably not even worth the mention because any moderately intelligent person knows the truth.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 5:43:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 4:12:45 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.

Not saying there is an active debate, but there are people who believe certain ethnicities are not, yes. Probably not even worth the mention because any moderately intelligent person knows the truth.

Every person is a homo sapien. However, this doesn't nullify the fact that there are genetic differences between races.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 6:23:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 5:43:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 4:12:45 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.

Not saying there is an active debate, but there are people who believe certain ethnicities are not, yes. Probably not even worth the mention because any moderately intelligent person knows the truth.

Every person is a homo sapien. However, this doesn't nullify the fact that there are genetic differences between races.

Yes, definitely.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 4:57:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lol. White women aren't homosapiens, everyone else is though.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
BlackSand
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 7:36:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I remember a few years back people saying that race didnt exist. That science had stopped using 'race' as a legitimate term. Whatever happened to that argument?
v3nesl
Posts: 4,463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 10:43:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.

Right, technically nobody ever argued that. But the idea that white people were more evolved than the black man, that was considered science well into the beginning of the 20th century.
This space for rent.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 10:47:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 10:43:00 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.

Right, technically nobody ever argued that. But the idea that white people were more evolved than the black man, that was considered science well into the beginning of the 20th century.

Blatantly wrong. You might think that white people are more evolved because they show certain apparent phenotypic traits that are hard to miss (being white), but that doesn't mean anything. Evolution occurs all the time, so while certain black people were becoming white, other blacks were evolving in different ways- not all evolution is apparent at first glance. Evolution is a function of time, so therefore, I would contend that blacks have actually had more time to evolve than whites.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
v3nesl
Posts: 4,463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 10:57:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 10:47:58 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/28/2013 10:43:00 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.

Right, technically nobody ever argued that. But the idea that white people were more evolved than the black man, that was considered science well into the beginning of the 20th century.

Blatantly wrong. You might think that white people are more evolved

Ah, no, reading comprehension here, please. I didn't say anything about what I think, nor does it matter what you think. I was reporting a common belief of an earlier time.
This space for rent.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 11:00:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 10:57:48 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 8/28/2013 10:47:58 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/28/2013 10:43:00 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 8/23/2013 2:20:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/23/2013 1:58:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Oh there are.

People are arguing against all humans being part of homo sapiens? No.

Right, technically nobody ever argued that. But the idea that white people were more evolved than the black man, that was considered science well into the beginning of the 20th century.

Blatantly wrong. You might think that white people are more evolved

Ah, no, reading comprehension here, please. I didn't say anything about what I think, nor does it matter what you think. I was reporting a common belief of an earlier time.

Except that you never stated the you disbelieved in it. Sarcastic fallaciousness is quite hard to recognize on the Internet.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 2:30:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The study showed that all living homo sapiens descend from a single common female ancestor. We don't know how many male ancestors were in the picture.

The article implies that the same is not true of chimpanzees. Chimps are one species, but apparently the species evolved from inbreeding of a number of related ancestral origins. Nonetheless, chimpanzees are still only one species.

The use of the term "race" is common in botany. It refers to variations in the color of flowers of foliage. A "white willow" is a type of willow tree with light-colored foliage. It's a secondary characteristic within the species.

Color is not too useful a scientific descriptor for humans. For example, light-colored skin is an evolutionary trait related to vitamin D production in low-sun latitudes. The genetic mechanism producing light skin is different for east Asians than Europeans.