Jump to topic:

Strange Sounds In The Sky

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 12:54:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm surprised just how little reporting there is on the phenomenon which has apparently been happening for the last few years. But it's very well documented on YouTube. Although it's difficult to find any which aren't mixed up with claims of aliens and the second coming of Christ.

Loud eery noises are being heard all over the world. Often accompanied by strong vibrations, strong enough to set off car alarms, yet not picked up as seismic activity.

My personal hypothesis: Experimental government aircraft. The first noise in this video reminds me of something I was researching awhile ago about concealed government aircraft that propel themselves at record speeds using explosions rather than a constant jet.

If there's evidence that this has been happening for ages, it's more likely that this is some yet unknown natural phenomenon.

Lets hear your own ideas.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Outspoken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:05:14 AM
This absolutely fascinating to me. I don't really have any strong opinions about what the source of these sounds. But again, I think this is very interesting.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:15:10 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:12:39 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/31/2013 1:05:37 AM, Mirza wrote:
See acoustic-gravity waves.

http://www.ehow.com...

You think it is responsible?
Yes. Other than that - anecdotal evidence is not enough to prove these sounds are anything but naturally occurring phenomena or from man-made facilities.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:23:14 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:15:10 AM, Mirza wrote:
Yes. Other than that - anecdotal evidence is not enough to prove these sounds are anything but naturally occurring phenomena or from man-made facilities.

Can you explain why it's the most likely candidate?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:31:06 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:23:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/31/2013 1:15:10 AM, Mirza wrote:

Can you explain why it's the most likely candidate?
That's the most accurate scientific explanation, thus far. Keep in mind that other explanations are possible, but since there is no evidence for them, there's no reason to believe in them rather than what seems to be based on observations.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:35:08 AM
Here's something interesting. 8:55

The sound has been going on for 20 minutes. They thought it was a tornado. Many people called in. No tornado spotted. A single sudden flash of light. And then the sound dissipates within a few seconds.

There's another clip in this video with flashing lights, as far as I've seen (still watching). But I suspect it was just an effect with the camera.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:35:51 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:31:06 AM, Mirza wrote:
That's the most accurate scientific explanation, thus far. Keep in mind that other explanations are possible, but since there is no evidence for them, there's no reason to believe in them rather than what seems to be based on observations.

That doesn't answer my question.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:38:45 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:35:51 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/31/2013 1:31:06 AM, Mirza wrote:

That doesn't answer my question.
You asked why it is the most likely candidate. Based on observations, scientific facts, and other empirical evidence, this phenomenon is the most likely candidate because no other explanations are evidential or plausible.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:43:48 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:38:45 AM, Mirza wrote:
You asked why it is the most likely candidate. Based on observations, scientific facts, and other empirical evidence, this phenomenon is the most likely candidate because no other explanations are evidential or plausible.

Yeah, I get that. I am specifically asking for what observations, scientific facts and other empirical evidence you are referring to.

I really shouldn't have to explain that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:54:26 AM
Search for acoustic-gravity waves, solar activity increase and its impact on the former. I'm not here to write a scientific report.

At 8/31/2013 1:50:19 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I can't find any videos on it earlier than 2011. How intriguing.
Which coincides well with solar flare activity increasing in 2011.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 2:01:31 AM
This article seems to suggest that the sounds are "acoustic-gravity waves" by definition of their range. Which says nothing about how they were caused.

Their hypothesis is also solar flares.

http://www.sott.net...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 2:04:04 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:54:26 AM, Mirza wrote:
Search for acoustic-gravity waves, solar activity increase and its impact on the former. I'm not here to write a scientific report.

Call me old fashioned but I think, on a debate site, there's supposed to be an expectation that, when you make claims, you will be ready to support them with facts when called upon.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord