Jump to topic:

Scientific Proof of God's Existence

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 6:36:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
One day a young man went to a course on natural science. The teacher began by asking people why sadness existedm in people's psyche. "If an all-good God exists, we cannot be sad." Thus, God does not exist. He said. At this point the young man stood up and said "that is wrong, sir". The Professor smirked and asked why evil was in the world if God existed, since evil is the only reason pepole are sad.

The student asked the Professor if cold existed. The Professor said "Naturally it exists." The student said that he was wrong, cold is merely the absence of heat according Thermodynamics.

="And does darkness exist, sir" Of course, the teacher said, dark exists. Wrong again, sir, light darkness is merely the absence of life, according to thermodynamics."

"And does evil exist, sir." The teacher nodded. Wrong, sir, evil is simply the absence of God in one's heart, as other bad things are an absence of sorts." The teacher bowed his head, humbled.

And that boy's name was George Bush.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:44:26 PM
First it's Newton, then Einstein, and now... Bush? If you're going to be spreading lies, at least pick somebody who doesn't have the IQ of a bonobo..
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:45:34 PM
Also, I love how thermodynamics has something to do with light.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 8:28:43 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:45:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 9:49:56 PM
At 9/7/2013 8:28:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 9/7/2013 7:45:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
0x5f3759df
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 4:23:19 PM
At 9/7/2013 6:36:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
One day a young man went to a course on natural science. The teacher began by asking people why sadness existedm in people's psyche. "If an all-good God exists, we cannot be sad." Thus, God does not exist. He said. At this point the young man stood up and said "that is wrong, sir". The Professor smirked and asked why evil was in the world if God existed, since evil is the only reason pepole are sad.

The student asked the Professor if cold existed. The Professor said "Naturally it exists." The student said that he was wrong, cold is merely the absence of heat according Thermodynamics.

="And does darkness exist, sir" Of course, the teacher said, dark exists. Wrong again, sir, light darkness is merely the absence of life, according to thermodynamics."

"And does evil exist, sir." The teacher nodded. Wrong, sir, evil is simply the absence of God in one's heart, as other bad things are an absence of sorts." The teacher bowed his head, humbled.

And that boy's name was George Bush.

An urban legend:

http://www.snopes.com...
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 7:35:46 PM
1.) Evil is not the only reason people are sad. Some people are sad because they have a mental conditions called depression, some people can be irrationally sad (sad when there really isn't a reason to be). Also, natural events can lead people to be sad. A person dying of old age, animals suffering due to nature, among other things are sad but not caused by evil.

2.) Cold is not the absence of heat. In science, heat has a very specific meaning and is a particular type of energy transfer. Cold is a linguistic term we use to describe the relative temperature of an object. Cold does not exist, it is an adjective used to describe an object.

3.) The student is correct that darkness does not have a positive existence but it also is not a scientific term. Darkness is also a linguistic term generally used to denote an insufficient amount of light for human vision. As has already been pointed out, thermodynamics does not deal with light.

4.) "evil is simply the absence of God in one's heart, as other bad things are an absence of sorts."

Why exactly are either cold or darkness bad things? I hope it is both cold and dark when I try to go to sleep tonight, in that case hot and bright would make sad and therefore be evil according to the above diatribe.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:33:28 PM
At 9/8/2013 7:35:46 PM, Floid wrote:
1.) Evil is not the only reason people are sad. Some people are sad because they have a mental conditions called depression, some people can be irrationally sad (sad when there really isn't a reason to be). Also, natural events can lead people to be sad. A person dying of old age, animals suffering due to nature, among other things are sad but not caused by evil.

2.) Cold is not the absence of heat. In science, heat has a very specific meaning and is a particular type of energy transfer. Cold is a linguistic term we use to describe the relative temperature of an object. Cold does not exist, it is an adjective used to describe an object.

3.) The student is correct that darkness does not have a positive existence but it also is not a scientific term. Darkness is also a linguistic term generally used to denote an insufficient amount of light for human vision. As has already been pointed out, thermodynamics does not deal with light.

4.) "evil is simply the absence of God in one's heart, as other bad things are an absence of sorts."

Why exactly are either cold or darkness bad things? I hope it is both cold and dark when I try to go to sleep tonight, in that case hot and bright would make sad and therefore be evil according to the above diatribe.

It's a troll.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 10:36:11 PM
At 9/7/2013 7:44:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
First it's Newton, then Einstein, and now... Bush? If you're going to be spreading lies, at least pick somebody who doesn't have the IQ of a bonobo..

The fact that it's Bush now is hilarious. The changing names is reason enough to keep this thing alive.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 3:43:54 AM
At 9/8/2013 10:36:11 PM, Maikuru wrote:

The fact that it's Bush now is hilarious. The changing names is reason enough to keep this thing alive.

I think the next time we change names it should be Jesus.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 3:44:37 AM
At 9/9/2013 3:43:54 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/8/2013 10:36:11 PM, Maikuru wrote:

I think the next time we change names it should be Jesus.

Scratch that, Christopher Hitchens would be funnier.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.