Jump to topic:

Human Growth and Devolpment

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 4:13:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm interested in a discussion as to early life cognition. Basically, do people think it's something completely separate from all other cognition, where we're only learning the basics in some completely separate fashion to adult cognition, or is it just the beginning of a continuous stream of cognition, every motion to complement the last completely.

I'm inclined towards the latter personally. I think evidence of this is to be seen in how if you're paying attention to someone, if they move, you'll likely move in the same way. This would bring your current cognition back to your early age cognition which would've been primarily centered around physical control, rather than mental, what with just not yet understanding something so complex as language, no?

Anyone disagree? Basically I'm positing those involuntary actions as vestigial habits and a testament to our brains basically working the exact same way all along. I'm pretty sure many would disagree, but then that's very counterproductive. I'm actually right. Funnily enough too, my first solid memory is of a vagina lol and it's solid and I was like 2-3 years old. It seems to have had impact, say.
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 1:33:09 AM
At 10/2/2013 4:13:23 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

... my first solid memory is of a vagina lol and it's solid and I was like 2-3 years old. It seems to have had impact, say.

You got pu$$y at 2 years old? Way to go, man!
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 12:08:10 PM
Well I had one landed in front of me at about 2 years of age. Those "innocent" baths you'd be put into you know, that then stay with you for the rest of your life. I guess it was innocent really though, just enlightening.