Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 7:33:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Don't know...............therefore God did it.

Here is a sincere question for YOU.

If we are ignorant of something, does that justify the belief that it was an act of God ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:03:38 PM
Use Google.

Or Yahoo if you prefer.

And for once don't click on the link that says "Atheism disproven".
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:10:26 PM
Just to satisfy your mind:

1. Yes. Virtual particles have been observed to appear and disappear on quantum levels.

2. Because The Fibonacci sequence contains 5, 8, and 13, but not 10 or 11.

3. It has the same answer as this: "When did you stop beating your wife?"

4~53. It would give me brain cancer to answer these undeserving "questions" one by one.
0x5f3759df
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 12:32:55 AM
http://www.talkorigins.org...

This should contain the answers to every question on that list.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 8:59:00 AM
At 10/25/2013 7:04:06 PM, Memra wrote:
A few questions for sincere atheists out there.

http://nunobartolo3.wordpress.com...

Blessings.

That is without a doubt the stupidest list of questions I have seen posted here. Possibly anywhere, in fact. Most of it is "So... what is this 'science' thing you guys seem so keen on?" in its ignorance. It is, however, laugh-out-loud funny in places. So my compliments to the author, who I can only assume is an expert satirist.
Debaterpillar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 11:32:43 AM
At 10/26/2013 8:59:00 AM, Graincruncher wrote:

Blessings.

That is without a doubt the stupidest list of questions I have seen posted here. Possibly anywhere, in fact. Most of it is "So... what is this 'science' thing you guys seem so keen on?" in its ignorance. It is, however, laugh-out-loud funny in places. So my compliments to the author, who I can only assume is an expert satirist.

^ This. Although I do have my favorites on that list. For example:

(24) Who decides when & where each person is born if not God?
Yes, this completely solves the mystery that babies do not result from sexual intercourse, but that they simply rain down from the sky at random times and places :-D .

(36) Why do desert tortoises still hear better underwater?
Here the author must have accidentally included a proof for evolution... Whoops.

(53) Why are all snowflakes different from each other yet all of them have the shape of a 6 branch star?
And I especially love this one, since in another forum discussion with a creationist I was told that no creationist would confuse simple snowflakes with a level of complexity that implies creation.
"Me fail English? That's unpossible." Ralph Wiggum.
MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 12:57:57 PM
At 10/25/2013 7:50:57 PM, Enji wrote:
I can post pointless websites too.

http://www.theuselessweb.com...

Have a nice day :D

That is the funniest thing I have ever been on!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 1:00:40 PM

Blessings.

religion section
----------------> that way.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 6:39:29 PM

Blessings.

Of course most of that list is either silly and childish or shows some basic understanding of science.

But lets put all that aside for a second and take a legitimate question like "Why is there something instead of nothing?" My answer to that would be I don't know. Yours would be God did it. But if you then think about those two answers they are really the same... saying God did it doesn't answer a question: why did God do it? How did he/she/it do it? Where did he/she/it come from? How do you know there is just 1 God? and on and on and on. And to those questions all you can answer is "I don't know".

So I will stick with just my straight "I don't know" instead of creating a whole bunch more question to which no one knows the answer or to which we don't even know if there is a point in asking.
Quatermass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 10:10:56 AM

Blessings.

I don't need faith because I have science. And science is real whether anybody wants to believe in it or not. I don't need faith because I can observe that science is solving problems and enhancing human lives every day. Science provides amputees with new legs, not God. Science provides you with the vaccines you need to remain healthy and disease-free, not God. Science is what is allowing you to take part on this website, not God.

In the end, science will answer any question we can think to ask. In the end, human beings will possess the same powers as God manifested through science and technology. And God? A petty, tiny, insignificant creation of mankind destined only to be an historical account of human ignorance.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 3:13:33 PM
"8" How do you explain the fact that there is only one habitable planet in the whole universe?"

How do you explain the fact that someone posted a question about an alleged fact that they can not possibly know to be fact?

Talk about faith. Holy crikey batman!
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 4:22:20 PM
At 10/26/2013 4:56:04 PM, Such wrote:
No, no, no, wait... this one: http://www.staggeringbeauty.com...

Shake vigorously.

good god that caught me off guard
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2013 2:00:27 AM

I think the most interesting is the last: "Why are all snowflakes different from each other yet all of them have the shape of a 6 branch star?"

If order can only be produced from chaos by intelligence, does that mean that God individual crafts each snowflake using magic?

The dull answer is that the crystal structure of ice produces six-fold symmetry. The details of each branch are a response to the local temperature and humidity. If the conditions are uniform in the region around the snowflake, the branches will be the same.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2013 10:18:09 AM
At 10/26/2013 12:57:57 PM, MysticEgg wrote:

That is the funniest thing I have ever been on!

These are links I found on my own like that.

http://www.omglasergunspewpewpew.com...
http://www.procatinator.com...
http://catfront.com...
http://www.ismycomputeronfire.com...
http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com...
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
SloppyJoe6412
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 10:05:42 PM

Oh my, that is addictive. I've been clicking on the Please sign for...ever!
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 5:58:00 AM
I think the title of this thread should be. "I do not have enough intellectual honesty to be an atheist"

The OP reports a website, that is reusing old, old arguments, with the same sort of glaring logical, scientific and factual problems. The type where ten minutes on google will rebutt.

More importantly, I'm pretty sure the op has no intention at all of actually listening to responses.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 11:27:17 AM
At 11/17/2013 11:04:33 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
Atheism- the belief that nothing created nothing which exploded and created advanced self-conscious monkeys by chance.

Makes perfect sense.

Theism- I not really but you must so of course then exist therefor God.

I can play games too.
0x5f3759df
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 11:33:20 AM
Atheism- the belief that nothing created nothing which exploded and created advanced self-conscious monkeys by chance.

Makes perfect sense.

Theism- the belief that nothing created a beardy sky wizard who created the universe and created advanced self-conscious monkeys by magic.

Both sound whacko when you employ horrible rhetorical straw men.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 11:43:24 AM
At 11/17/2013 11:33:20 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

Theism- the belief that nothing created a beardy sky wizard who created the universe and created advanced self-conscious monkeys by magic.

The difference between those two strawmen is that only the atheist claims to know everything about where the universe and intelligent life came from.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 11:45:16 AM
At 10/25/2013 7:33:13 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Don't know...............therefore God did it.

Don't know......... therefore Big Bang and random evolution done it.

SCORE 1 FOR ATHEISM.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 12:30:17 PM
At 11/17/2013 11:43:24 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

The difference between those two strawmen is that only the atheist claims to know everything about where the universe and intelligent life came from.

Actually atheists are very honest about not being fully certain about the exact specifics, but have a "fair idea" it is the theists are the ones who are steadfastly certain based on their beliefs.

The real difference, is that the atheists draw their conclusions from observable evidence and theories based on observable evidence that make predictions that can be demonstrated.

Theists base their conclusions on the fact a two thousand year old book says its true, even though that book simply doesn't match with reality.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 12:57:01 PM
At 11/17/2013 12:30:17 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 11/17/2013 11:43:24 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

Actually atheists are very honest about not being fully certain about the exact specifics,

Not on the internet.

but have a "fair idea"

Most atheists have ridiculous ideas about life coming from non-life, and the Big Bang happening in nothingness. They have no idea the real facts about reality.

it is the theists are the ones who are steadfastly certain based on their beliefs.

Theists have revised their understandings of their books over time to conform with sscience in most cases, such as interpreting genesis less literally, or believing the Great Flood to have filled a large area but not the entire Earth.

The real difference, is that the atheists draw their conclusions from observable evidence

Oh so their belief in the Big Bang is based off someone recreating and observing it? Their belief in abiogenesis is based off someone seeing it? Their belief in evolution of animals from one group to another is based off someone seeing it?

No, they make certain logical inferences to find these things out. The idea that observable evidence is required for everything atheists believe is retarded.

and theories based on observable evidence that make predictions that can be demonstrated.

Demonstrate the BIg Bang and changes in animal groups in evolution. Oh wait, you can;t. You atheist will believe in any philosophy, like evidentialism, then dismiss it like a taxicab when some smug famous atheist tells you what to believe.

Theists base their conclusions on the fact a two thousand year old book says its true, even though that book simply doesn't match with reality.

It does match reality if you don't literally interepret it as the innerant word of God.