Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Hypnosis

MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 1:02:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hello, everyone!

I thought about putting this in "Society", but thought Science is better. Is it just me, or do people tend to either view hypnosis as:
(a) A crazy thing that's found on anime
(b) Something that it really mystical and only can be done by famous people (e.g. Derren Brown)
(c) A fake thing used by Con men on T.V./Stage

Whereas it is completely different. Interested by your responses/views.

Thanks,
J
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 2:21:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
People form habits and you break those habits. I'm pretty good doing it for like individual habits, but never put anyone into like a trance or anything. I'd imagine that part is hugely down to trust and then the person will pretty much let you program their brain/mode of dealing with the world for them.
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:37:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 2:21:33 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
People form habits and you break those habits. I'm pretty good doing it for like individual habits, but never put anyone into like a trance or anything. I'd imagine that part is hugely down to trust and then the person will pretty much let you program their brain/mode of dealing with the world for them.

Of course.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:39:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm definitely up in the air about this. As far as methods are concerned, I'd have to come to the conclusion that I don't understand what's really going into it to believe that anything is going into it at all. On the other hand, trance-like states are not extraordinary to the extent that they'd need to be unbelievable.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:58:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My uncle recently went through some sort of dementia where he went back to his days of being a police officer and stood out into the road stopping cars and abusing people. I'd say he was blowing off steam, that it was a sort of self-induced temporary trance to allow him to do so. He'd only very recently been talking to me about how he thought people were f*cked up lol
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:28:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Seeing as it is a legitimate medical (or is it psychological?) practice, there must be something to it. How it all works is beyond me.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:45:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 1:02:08 PM, MysticEgg wrote:
Hello, everyone!

I thought about putting this in "Society", but thought Science is better. Is it just me, or do people tend to either view hypnosis as:
(a) A crazy thing that's found on anime
(b) Something that it really mystical and only can be done by famous people (e.g. Derren Brown)
(c) A fake thing used by Con men on T.V./Stage


Whereas it is completely different. Interested by your responses/views.


Thanks,
J

Most people view it as B. I've seen and used hypnosis on other people and myself, it's a very interesting phenomenon. To be honest, B is false. It's not hard to do. All you need is confidence, the other person willing to be hypnotized, and knowing what to say.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 7:21:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 5:45:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 10/26/2013 1:02:08 PM, MysticEgg wrote:
Hello, everyone!

I thought about putting this in "Society", but thought Science is better. Is it just me, or do people tend to either view hypnosis as:
(a) A crazy thing that's found on anime
(b) Something that it really mystical and only can be done by famous people (e.g. Derren Brown)
(c) A fake thing used by Con men on T.V./Stage


Whereas it is completely different. Interested by your responses/views.


Thanks,
J

Most people view it as B. I've seen and used hypnosis on other people and myself, it's a very interesting phenomenon. To be honest, B is false. It's not hard to do. All you need is confidence, the other person willing to be hypnotized, and knowing what to say.

But of course. It's quite useful!