themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 8:39:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/20/2013 5:33:34 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com....

Yeah, this is old. I still don't know if he was serious or not.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 10:30:36 AM
At 11/20/2013 8:39:46 AM, themohawkninja wrote:

I do think they'll find something like a cure for homosexuality at some point. It'll be like the old grateful dead song: "Couple more shots of whiskey, those 'frisco girls start looking good". It's got to be some hormonal thing or something, analogous to diabetes. So they'll come up with a pill that stimulates something, or suppresses the wrong hormones being generated, and badda-bing, you're straight.

And that's going to make things real interesting. One member of a partnership wants to try it, the other feels betrayed...
This space for rent.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 10:54:02 AM
At 11/20/2013 10:30:36 AM, v3nesl wrote:

I do think they'll find something like a cure for homosexuality at some point. It'll be like the old grateful dead song: "Couple more shots of whiskey, those 'frisco girls start looking good". It's got to be some hormonal thing or something, analogous to diabetes. So they'll come up with a pill that stimulates something, or suppresses the wrong hormones being generated, and badda-bing, you're straight.

And that's going to make things real interesting. One member of a partnership wants to try it, the other feels betrayed...

Yeah, I'm sure that Nigerian kid would say the same thing.

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 10:59:33 AM
At 11/20/2013 10:54:02 AM, themohawkninja wrote:

Ah no, that's not what he was saying at all. He's just arguing that homosexuality is unnatural, which is a very different thing. I'm just being a good modernist - everything is brain chemistry, and some day they'll fix this one.

It's an interesting thought experiment, even if I'm wrong. I think you could use it to identify politically correct types right off, they'll definitely choke on it, which I think maybe you just did.
This space for rent.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 11:03:08 AM
At 11/20/2013 10:59:33 AM, v3nesl wrote:

Ah no, that's not what he was saying at all. He's just arguing that homosexuality is unnatural, which is a very different thing. I'm just being a good modernist - everything is brain chemistry, and some day they'll fix this one.

It's an interesting thought experiment, even if I'm wrong. I think you could use it to identify politically correct types right off, they'll definitely choke on it, which I think maybe you just did.

Well, just so you know, genetics have a lot to do with orientation, as while you are right in saying that hormones are the step that causes the homosexuality, the cause of those hormones getting released in the first place is a genetic factor, so if you do administer medicine to change the persons' orientation, it would have to be over their whole lifetime.

Also, why do you seem to think that homosexuality is something that needs "fixing"?

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 12:34:49 PM
At 11/20/2013 11:03:08 AM, themohawkninja wrote:

Well, just so you know, genetics have a lot to do with orientation, as while you are right in saying that hormones are the step that causes the homosexuality, the cause of those hormones getting released in the first place is a genetic factor, so if you do administer medicine to change the persons' orientation, it would have to be over their whole lifetime.

Also, why do you seem to think that homosexuality is something that needs "fixing"?

If you're male and can look at this picture without feeling some rumblings beginning, you're broken and definitely need fixing...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 2:54:37 PM
At 11/20/2013 12:34:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:

If you're male and can look at this picture without feeling some rumblings beginning, you're broken and definitely need fixing...

So there's something wrong with me because I'm asexual?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 4:07:53 PM
At 11/20/2013 2:54:37 PM, Subutai wrote:

Just because you're the only one in the room each time you have sex doesn't mean that you're actually asexual. It just means that if you're ambidextrous you have a lot of threesomes.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 4:09:00 PM
At 11/20/2013 4:07:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Just because you're the only one in the room each time you have sex doesn't mean that you're actually asexual. It just means that if you're ambidextrous you have a lot of threesomes.

What the heck does that mean?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 6:32:49 PM
At 11/20/2013 4:09:00 PM, Subutai wrote:

If you don't get it then you're probably too young to be talking about it.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 9:00:26 PM
At 11/20/2013 6:32:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:

True, but your comment is also ridiculously stupid.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 9:33:05 PM
At 11/20/2013 6:32:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Freaking, LOL.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 11:17:49 PM

Sure and one partner in the relationship may be bi-sexual and wanting to be either totally straight or gay. Thing is if you are gay, you are not going to want to take a pill to become something you are not. Sexuality is a spectrum, not two poles.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 11:19:00 PM

Think this idiot is legit. That is the sad case of affairs in Nigeria, when magnets are not even understood.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 8:12:20 AM
At 11/20/2013 11:17:49 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

Sure and one partner in the relationship may be bi-sexual and wanting to be either totally straight or gay. Thing is if you are gay, you are not going to want to take a pill to become something you are not.

Oh, I think you will. I think having such a pill available would knock a whole lot of bs out of the debate. Homosexuality is a dysfunction, nobody really *wants* to be gay. Having made their peace with being gay, I'm sure some people would not want to start on such a major adventure, but young people would take it, for sure.
This space for rent.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 8:18:42 AM
At 11/20/2013 11:19:00 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

Think this idiot is legit. That is the sad case of affairs in Nigeria, when magnets are not even understood.

No one "understands" magnets. Magnetism is a fundamental force, something that 'just is' and is, as far as anybody knows, not standing on anything, so nothing to under-stand. Kind of like God. A changing electrical field produces a magnetic field, and vice versa, and that's all that can be said about it. Electro-magnetic resonance is what nature is built on, an essential and inseparable duality, just as the Godhead "just is", and is a trinity. Nothing oscillates with nothing and produces all matter and energy.
This space for rent.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 8:50:25 AM
At 11/21/2013 8:12:20 AM, v3nesl wrote:

Sure and one partner in the relationship may be bi-sexual and wanting to be either totally straight or gay. Thing is if you are gay, you are not going to want to take a pill to become something you are not.

Oh, I think you will. I think having such a pill available would knock a whole lot of bs out of the debate. Homosexuality is a dysfunction, nobody really *wants* to be gay. Having made their peace with being gay, I'm sure some people would not want to start on such a major adventure, but young people would take it, for sure.

Prove it.

iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 5:17:15 PM
At 11/21/2013 8:12:20 AM, v3nesl wrote:

Dysfunction that occurs in multiple species besides humans i.e. penguins and dolphins. Seems pretty natural to me. So you premise of dysfunction is flawed.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 5:22:49 PM
At 11/21/2013 8:18:42 AM, v3nesl wrote:

No one "understands" magnets. Magnetism is a fundamental force, something that 'just is' and is, as far as anybody knows, not standing on anything, so nothing to under-stand. Kind of like God. A changing electrical field produces a magnetic field, and vice versa, and that's all that can be said about it. Electro-magnetic resonance is what nature is built on, an essential and inseparable duality, just as the Godhead "just is", and is a trinity. Nothing oscillates with nothing and produces all matter and energy.

You are talking about a force of attraction (i.e magnetism) if you want to be spiritual about magnets go to Nigeria. This argument is absurd as your homosexuality dysfunction argument. Magnets are very well understood, if not then research on them would be in their infancy, yet we use electromagnets to accelerate particles to speed close to the speed of light, to crash into each other and discover the underlying fundamental structures of nature.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 1:35:59 PM
At 11/21/2013 5:22:49 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 11/21/2013 8:18:42 AM, v3nesl wrote:

You are talking about a force of attraction (i.e magnetism) if you want to be spiritual about magnets go to Nigeria.

Nope, I didn't say anything about 'spirit'. Read my post over again, you might learn something. Sub-atomic physics is a pretty bizarre but fascinating place.
This space for rent.