Jump to topic:

My theory

PwningEinstein
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 6:13:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There are 2 scientific facts, almost not inherent from both.

1) The Earth is compelled to orbit the Sun in the same distance away from it because of the Sun's gravitational pull. It is pulling Earth towards its center. However, Earth's rotation compensates, not the moon.

2) The Moon is compelled to orbit Earth in the same distance away from it because of its gravitational pull. It pulls itself inward. The Earth's gravitational pull can not break out because of the atmosphere. For instance, there is radiation between the Sun and Earth, which means that the Sun transfers energy through space to Earth. The solar energy is then turned into heat. However, it can not break out because of the atmosphere. Same with oxygen. However, the Moon's rotation pulls itself outward.

Theory:

The moon orbits the Earth. When it is in the opposite side of where the Sun is, they both exert equal force (Gravitational pull). However, if that is so, and the moon is at the same side the Sun is, isn't Earth being pulled towards the Sun?

Also, if the moon is on the opposite side and is the one pulling via gravitational pull, and the Earth's rotation is pulling itself outward, isn't the Earth being pulled outward?

So, I have hypothesized that the Earth moves inward, then outward, then inward, then outward. A cycle.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 7:20:15 PM
At 12/15/2013 6:13:19 PM, PwningEinstein wrote:

1) The Earth is compelled to orbit the Sun in the same distance away from it because of the Sun's gravitational pull. It is pulling Earth towards its center. However, Earth's rotation compensates, not the moon.

Earth's rotation doesn't effect the altitude that it orbits the Sun at. The Earth orbits at the altitude that it does, because that is where it formed.

2) The Moon is compelled to orbit Earth in the same distance away from it because of its gravitational pull. It pulls itself inward. The Earth's gravitational pull can not break out because of the atmosphere. For instance, there is radiation between the Sun and Earth, which means that the Sun transfers energy through space to Earth. The solar energy is then turned into heat. However, it can not break out because of the atmosphere. Same with oxygen. However, the Moon's rotation pulls itself outward.

It should be noted that hydrogen and helium do escape the Earth's atmosphere.

Theory:

The moon orbits the Earth. When it is in the opposite side of where the Sun is, they both exert equal force (Gravitational pull). However, if that is so, and the moon is at the same side the Sun is, isn't Earth being pulled towards the Sun?

No, the Sun and moon don't exert and equal gravitational force at that distance. The Earth is always pulled towards the Sun, as that is why it orbits. An orbit is simply the act of falling towards an object without ever reaching it.

Also, if the moon is on the opposite side and is the one pulling via gravitational pull, and the Earth's rotation is pulling itself outward, isn't the Earth being pulled outward?

The Earth's rotation doesn't cause a centripetal force. It's orbit does, which is balanced with the Sun's gravity, but the Earths rotation has no effect on its' orbit.

So, I have hypothesized that the Earth moves inward, then outward, then inward, then outward. A cycle.

It is true that the Earth orbits in an ellipse and not a perfect circle, but that is due to gravitational perturbations from other planets and large collisions with asteroids in Earth's past.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 7:20:29 PM
At 12/15/2013 6:20:40 PM, PwningEinstein wrote:
This is actually not a theory. This is why our Earth revolves around in an oval. Just proving it.

Nice try.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 9:34:12 PM
At 12/15/2013 6:20:40 PM, PwningEinstein wrote:
This is actually not a theory. This is why our Earth revolves around in an oval. Just proving it.

No, the Earth's orbit is not an inward/outward cycle, and therefore doesn't cause Earth's elliptical orbit. The other planets' gravitational forces and the momentum change caused by early asteroid collisions caused Earth's orbit to be elliptical.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Zogen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 4:52:26 PM
You are essentially correct, see;
http://goo.gl...
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand (Karl Marx).
ImSomebody
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 10:45:28 PM
At 12/15/2013 6:13:19 PM, PwningEinstein wrote:

No. It's actually the repulsive forces, emanating from farther stars. If they were any weaker, or farther, and/or if the Sun's gravitational pull were any stronger, the Earth, at one point, would escape its position, spiraling into the Sun. If they were any stronger, or closer, and/or if the Sun's gravitational pull was weaker, it would then move away from the Sun.