Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

If we Evolved

RhysJaxson
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 6:42:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

You are joking, right? Sadly, it's hard to tell when this comes up.

If you're joking, then it's because bananas, they fit in monkeys' hands perfectly. Also, bananas go well with peanut butter, whether or not you find life in the jar.

If you're serious, well please don't be serious.
We are better than religion. We are better than gods.
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 6:45:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

I agre wit watt u say.

Evilution is a evil lie that is trying to destroy America. It is made up by satanist communist nazi athiest muslim terrorist baby-eating Charles Darwin. Evilution is false and it is just a theory! Evilution is a lie because all of the supposed "observed speciation events", "transitional fossils" and "evidence" are made up by evil scientists who like to eat babies.

Here's the proof:

P1. Darwin said "hi" to others when he met someone else.
P2. Adolf Hitler did the same.
P3. Hitler was an evil person.
C. Darwin was evil and evilution is a lie.

All 1000000000 of those transitional fossils are lies! My sources are: The NY Times, MSNBC, FOX News, ETC ETC! So reliable, I didn't even put the exact link to the articles!

Have you ever seen seeds in bananas? That is because bananas are intelligently designed to be easily eaten! Some people say wild bananas have big seeds and they were cultivated and breeded so that domesticated bananas have no seeds, but they are shills who are working for the NSA, FBI, CIA, NBA, NHL, KFC, and so on! They are evil liberal baby eaters who want to ban guns and kill fetuses!

Evilution says that whales came out of the sea and turned into cows! It is actually what evilution said because VenomFangX is totally a reliable source.

If evilution is true, when why are there still apes arond? Evilution does not sayanything aboutcommon ancestry, so it must say that all apes turned into people magically!

Y DONT LIFE COMM OUT OF PENUT BUTER?

Monkeys don't give birth to goats, which is why a theory explaining biological diversity with "mutations can be beneficial or negative, and organisms are more likely to pass on beneficial mutations because it makes them more likely to survive and reproduce" is wrong.!!!!!!1!!

Satan has many forms, one of which is to turn into a bearded racist nazi communist muslim athiest Charles Darwin and spread lies to destroy America and promote secularism. Evilution is a evil lie that is just a theory. It impossible that somehow rock can turn into a planet, and then life spontaneously appeared out of nowhere, then bacteria suddenly evilving into people, and cats giving birth to catfishes after eating fish. It evil lie that spred by evil scientist and biolog techer! The mountain of evidence for evilution does not exist, because I don't bother to read th 10000 study report that say evilution true because there too long. Some people sau dat evilution is not what I say it is and that I use strawman, which is clearly lie becus anyone beliv evilution is a evil satan worshipper. Darwin himseelf has said that evilution is absurd to the highest degree, which is totally not quote mined adn put into creationist books. There are different types of evilution:

Micor-evilution:Da theery dat cat give birt to cafish!
Macor-eviltion:Da theery dat le bakteria com frumm le dirt in le ocean.
Stellar evilution:Da theery dat stars can form out of nebula, all 1000000000 of the so-called stellar evilution caught by telescope are evil lie by satan worship scientists that worship scientism.
Matter evilution: so-called heavier matter that form from hydrogen, which is bull because stars like the sun don't have nuclear fusion in core turning hydrogen to helum, instead it runs from power of cow feces!

All the above are lie made by evil liberal athiest scientist that hate the truth of cretion!!!!!!!1!!!

THEsE Are All evidence evilution should not be taught in school

Look at this: Evilution was legalize in school recenly, righ? Well, teaching evilution made people commit more crime every time! Look, the crim rates steadily raising!

http://en.wikipedia.org......

Als, teching evilution mak natural disaster mor comon! Evilution is cause iof Katrina, Irene, Sandy, etc. because I say so and corelation alway equal causation when I say it.

Evilution not true becuz it violatez the lawz of fysicz! Entropy of closed system only increase. Earth is closed system becuz sun no shine any energy to earth, nothing can enter earth becuz there a invisible wall, and nothing can leav eath!!!!!!11! Entropy of earth can only increse, even tho it is open system, and decrasing entopy in earth by incrasing entropy out of earth is impossible even tho non of physic say it is impossible.

How can evrything form with randomness? Eviluton say that randimness creted everting. It say notng about natro selecton!!!!!!!!1! c There for irt mustt bee rong.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2014 7:18:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

I wouldn't necessarily include "we" in the thread title if I were you.
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 2:57:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Well there is you... I suppose this is an argument we should expect from a species that is half a chromosome away from being an ape. Monkeys may not have a need to evolve. Evolution occurs when a species passes down a trait that is desirable for survival. Evolution also could accurate when a species adapts to it's environment.

KFC?
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 2:58:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 7:18:28 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

I wouldn't necessarily include "we" in the thread title if I were you.

lol.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.
RhysJaxson
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 11:23:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

No, we didn't evolve from monkeys. Clearly you reject evolution without understanding it.
We are better than religion. We are better than gods.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 11:49:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 11:23:18 AM, RhysJaxson wrote:
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

No, we didn't evolve from monkeys. Clearly you reject evolution without understanding it.

You do the same thing with GOD.
Zogen
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 12:22:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

Because unlike the Neanderthals, they are not in direct competition with us. The more successful member of the Homo genus did wipe out the other.
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand (Karl Marx).
nummi
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 12:26:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 12:22:42 PM, Zogen wrote:
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

Because unlike the Neanderthals, they are not in direct competition with us. The more successful member of the Homo genus did wipe out the other.
Wrong. One did not wipe out the other, those two interbred. They're in our DNA.
Zogen
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 12:28:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 12:26:04 PM, nummi wrote:
At 1/6/2014 12:22:42 PM, Zogen wrote:
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

Because unlike the Neanderthals, they are not in direct competition with us. The more successful member of the Homo genus did wipe out the other.
Wrong. One did not wipe out the other, those two interbred. They're in our DNA.

Same principle, no reason for us to interbreed with 'monkeys', or wipe them out, that is why they still exist. Oh, and because the modern monkey wasn't necessarily around back then, that too.
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand (Karl Marx).
RhysJaxson
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 12:32:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 11:49:42 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/6/2014 11:23:18 AM, RhysJaxson wrote:
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

No, we didn't evolve from monkeys. Clearly you reject evolution without understanding it.

You do the same thing with GOD.

No I don't. I spent a decade in serious, constant study and search for GOD. If I counted up consecutive hours, I believe it's around 1500 hours.

How many hours have you spent studying evolution? It can't be many, if you think we came from monkeys. It also can't be many, if you think one evolved branch means the other has to die out.
We are better than religion. We are better than gods.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 6:02:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 6:33:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 6:02:58 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?

because that's a fair analogy.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Posts: 720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 10:59:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Elaborate, what do you mean? I think it would be beneficial for you to look at an evolutionary tree then maybe you can answer the question yourself.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 2:27:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/6/2014 6:33:02 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/6/2014 6:02:58 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 1/6/2014 10:46:11 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:03:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/4/2014 5:39:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Why are there still monkeys, atheists?

Do you believe the existence of monkeys disproves evolution ?

If yes, why ?

We evolved from them, so they should have been wiped out, as we're the more successful monkey.

If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?

because that's a fair analogy.

And exactly the same reasons there are still monkeys.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 3:54:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have a better one: where is the half-giraffe? You have tiny horses, medium horses, and then BOOM: giraffe. Where is the half-giraffe, atheists?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Posts: 720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 6:59:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 3:57:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I suppose the dinosaurs ate it, eh? Your move, atheists.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows it was the now extinct land dwelling platasharkapottumus.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 7:01:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 6:59:53 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:57:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I suppose the dinosaurs ate it, eh? Your move, atheists.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows it was the now extinct land dwelling platasharkapottumus.

Please don't avoid the question with trolling. Where is the half-giraffe?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Posts: 720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 7:06:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 7:01:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/7/2014 6:59:53 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:57:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I suppose the dinosaurs ate it, eh? Your move, atheists.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows it was the now extinct land dwelling platasharkapottumus.

Please don't avoid the question with trolling. Where is the half-giraffe?

On a more serious note. Giraffe is not in the same family as a horse.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 7:10:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 7:06:32 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:01:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/7/2014 6:59:53 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:57:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I suppose the dinosaurs ate it, eh? Your move, atheists.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows it was the now extinct land dwelling platasharkapottumus.

Please don't avoid the question with trolling. Where is the half-giraffe?

On a more serious note. Giraffe is not in the same family as a horse.

Irrelevant. Where is the half-giraffe? One might consider the ape a half-man, but there is no half-giraffe in sight. You lose, atheists.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 7:51:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 7:10:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:06:32 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:01:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/7/2014 6:59:53 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:57:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I suppose the dinosaurs ate it, eh? Your move, atheists.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows it was the now extinct land dwelling platasharkapottumus.

Please don't avoid the question with trolling. Where is the half-giraffe?

On a more serious note. Giraffe is not in the same family as a horse.

Irrelevant. Where is the half-giraffe? One might consider the ape a half-man, but there is no half-giraffe in sight. You lose, atheists.

Half Giraffe? Half Giraffe and half what?

This sort of statement simply does not understand the principles of descent with modification; as Giraffes (G. camelopardalis) STILL belongs to the same clades that it's ancestors always belonged to.

This makes as much sense as saying show me a half-giraffe half mammal, or half giraffe half mammal: or half-giraffee half Eukaryote. It doesn't work on a fundamental level, to the point it is not surprising that you never see what you want; as quite honestly what you want is in conflict with evolution.

Giraffes are most closely related with antelope type species; and the Giraffidae clade contains a number of species that share very similar traits, with the only significant difference between the giraffe is concerning size, shape and coloring; things that we know can change significantly and quickly through both fossil and real evidence in terms of artificial selection.

Of this clade you see the following species, Honanotherium schlosseri, Bohlinia, Mitilanotherium, and various other forms that show progression in traits towards the giraffe from more primitive forms of even toed ungulate.

Moreover, other factors in the giraffe show it's evolutionary routes, specifically the genetic relatedness between it, and many other species of evolutionary related species, including the Okapi, and items such as the recurrent larygneal nerve which goes all the way down the giraffes neck to it's heart and back up to it's larynx.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 8:41:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 7:51:39 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:10:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:06:32 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 7:01:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/7/2014 6:59:53 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 1/7/2014 3:57:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I suppose the dinosaurs ate it, eh? Your move, atheists.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows it was the now extinct land dwelling platasharkapottumus.

Please don't avoid the question with trolling. Where is the half-giraffe?

On a more serious note. Giraffe is not in the same family as a horse.

Irrelevant. Where is the half-giraffe? One might consider the ape a half-man, but there is no half-giraffe in sight. You lose, atheists.

Half Giraffe? Half Giraffe and half what?

This sort of statement simply does not understand the principles of descent with modification; as Giraffes (G. camelopardalis) STILL belongs to the same clades that it's ancestors always belonged to.

This makes as much sense as saying show me a half-giraffe half mammal, or half giraffe half mammal: or half-giraffee half Eukaryote. It doesn't work on a fundamental level, to the point it is not surprising that you never see what you want; as quite honestly what you want is in conflict with evolution.

Giraffes are most closely related with antelope type species; and the Giraffidae clade contains a number of species that share very similar traits, with the only significant difference between the giraffe is concerning size, shape and coloring; things that we know can change significantly and quickly through both fossil and real evidence in terms of artificial selection.

Of this clade you see the following species, Honanotherium schlosseri, Bohlinia, Mitilanotherium, and various other forms that show progression in traits towards the giraffe from more primitive forms of even toed ungulate.

Moreover, other factors in the giraffe show it's evolutionary routes, specifically the genetic relatedness between it, and many other species of evolutionary related species, including the Okapi, and items such as the recurrent larygneal nerve which goes all the way down the giraffes neck to it's heart and back up to it's larynx.

I lol'd. What I meant was: how come there is no other animals comparable to the giraffe in height? Of course a whole number of things could account for this, but I just think it's a funny spin-off of the why are there still monkeys argument.
chui
Posts: 511
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:40:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/7/2014 8:41:26 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I lol'd. What I meant was: how come there is no other animals comparable to the giraffe in height? Of course a whole number of things could account for this, but I just think it's a funny spin-off of the why are there still monkeys argument.

There is a new theory about why giraffes evolved the long neck. New evidence suggests that the advantage of the long neck is not the ability to browse leaves higher up but the ability to out fight other males for dominance and mating rights. Giraffes fight by hitting each other with their neck. In addition it has been noticed that in drought conditions the longest necked giraffes are actually less likely to survive. Since the giraffe is the only animal to fight by necking and the long neck is not as good an advantage for feeding as initially thought this might explain the uniqueness of giraffes.

The half-giraffe might have been be the Climacoceras, the Palaeotragus, the Samotherium or the Honanotherium.