Jump to topic:

Engineering A Super Bug

GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 5:41:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Say I start raising Paramecium. Similarly to the E. coli experiment (the one with over 50,000 generations) I raise different cultures under different environmental stressors, but only using stressors which are already present in their natural environment (my roadside ditch).

Maybe one could be a culture with one of their biggest predators. Before this population went extinct (from being devoured) I quickly scooped out the last surviving Paramecium, and placed them in a new culture where they could replenish their former population size, then stuck the predators back in.

Rinse and repeat.

Eventually, would I have a Paramecium that is now invulnerable, or close to invulnerable, that specific predator?

Once I have this superior Paramecium, I could repeat the process, but with an additional stressor... the predator that they are now invulnerable too, AND something like high-chlorine content water.

You get the idea of what I'm saying.

How super could one build a super bug?

What if they were raised for SIZE... think about raising huge parameciums like an inch long. That would be something.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...