Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Time Travel

Krazzy_Player
Posts: 552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 3:07:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it possible using all the theories of time travel that we could actually go the time we want? Is it really possible to create Time Machine?
nummi
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 4:23:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 3:07:21 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
Is it possible using all the theories of time travel that we could actually go the time we want? Is it really possible to create Time Machine?
Time is a mere effect of matter; time is essentially change; the process of matter. There is no back, there is only the present, and future hasn't yet happened. It is possible to trace the change back to what a previous state should've been for the present one to be possible, and as well to logically conclude what the future will be like, but physically going backward to a previous state or onward to a future state, skipping all in between, is not possible (going onward happens on its own anyway).

How time is generally regarded in media, in movies, and such, is a delusion. Time is directly dependent on matter, not the other way around. Our universe is not made of time, or space for that matter, our universe is made of matter doing its thing, and space and time are the effects of that process. Our own perception, even existence itself, is that process.
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 10:43:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 4:23:18 AM, nummi wrote:
At 2/3/2014 3:07:21 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
Is it possible using all the theories of time travel that we could actually go the time we want? Is it really possible to create Time Machine?
Time is a mere effect of matter; time is essentially change; the process of matter. There is no back, there is only the present, and future hasn't yet happened. It is possible to trace the change back to what a previous state should've been for the present one to be possible, and as well to logically conclude what the future will be like, but physically going backward to a previous state or onward to a future state, skipping all in between, is not possible (going onward happens on its own anyway).

How time is generally regarded in media, in movies, and such, is a delusion. Time is directly dependent on matter, not the other way around. Our universe is not made of time, or space for that matter, our universe is made of matter doing its thing, and space and time are the effects of that process. Our own perception, even existence itself, is that process.

Matter may exist outside of time. It certainly appears to be true. Space is more related to time than matter itself. If there exists a dimension or unit of space, matter can not traverse within that space without time because matter is limited to the speed of light. It can not be every where at once.

(Or can it?) However, information in the form of an attribute of matter (spin, polarization, etc) appears to be transferred from one piece of matter to another without time although we don't know if that is in context of traversing the space or haven taken some alternative route.

I guess there is always the possibility that the information was never transferred over the distance of space, but there are not many schools of quantum mechanics that maintain locality that are taken serious. The many worlds school is local.

Regardless if matter/information can exist outside of time, it is hard to see how a timeless state could be leveraged to go forward or backwards in a timed state at will.
nummi
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 12:45:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 10:43:17 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 2/3/2014 4:23:18 AM, nummi wrote:
At 2/3/2014 3:07:21 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
Is it possible using all the theories of time travel that we could actually go the time we want? Is it really possible to create Time Machine?
Time is a mere effect of matter; time is essentially change; the process of matter. There is no back, there is only the present, and future hasn't yet happened. It is possible to trace the change back to what a previous state should've been for the present one to be possible, and as well to logically conclude what the future will be like, but physically going backward to a previous state or onward to a future state, skipping all in between, is not possible (going onward happens on its own anyway).

How time is generally regarded in media, in movies, and such, is a delusion. Time is directly dependent on matter, not the other way around. Our universe is not made of time, or space for that matter, our universe is made of matter doing its thing, and space and time are the effects of that process. Our own perception, even existence itself, is that process.

Matter may exist outside of time. It certainly appears to be true. Space is more related to time than matter itself. If there exists a dimension or unit of space, matter can not traverse within that space without time because matter is limited to the speed of light. It can not be every where at once.
Matter creates those so called space and time. Space and time do not exist on their own, they come from matter and are directly dependent on it. Matter and its process determine the characteristics of space and time.
The speed of matter is determined by what is in its surroundings and what other matter influence it.

(Or can it?) However, information in the form of an attribute of matter (spin, polarization, etc) appears to be transferred from one piece of matter to another without time although we don't know if that is in context of traversing the space or haven taken some alternative route.
We can only perceive matter in change. If it did nothing we could not see it. But then if it did nothing it probably wouldn't, and perhaps couldn't, exist.
Spin, polarization, etc., are our perceptions of it (thus far), but not necessarily the true form.

It's like we see only the "illusion". But what creates the "illusion"?

I guess there is always the possibility that the information was never transferred over the distance of space, but there are not many schools of quantum mechanics that maintain locality that are taken serious. The many worlds school is local.
Information is matter itself and matter influencing other matter.

Regardless if matter/information can exist outside of time, it is hard to see how a timeless state could be leveraged to go forward or backwards in a timed state at will.
Not outside of time, matter is what enables time. It's rather that matter is right inside of it, the core of time if you will.
We live in an ocean of constant change enabled by matter. This change is the closest thing to the so called "time". And the same change is as well what most people regard as "space". In truth they are simply two aspects of the same, inseparable, and created by something very much concrete yet not perceivable directly but through change.
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 1:48:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 12:45:12 PM, nummi wrote:
At 2/3/2014 10:43:17 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 2/3/2014 4:23:18 AM, nummi wrote:
At 2/3/2014 3:07:21 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
Is it possible using all the theories of time travel that we could actually go the time we want? Is it really possible to create Time Machine?
Time is a mere effect of matter; time is essentially change; the process of matter. There is no back, there is only the present, and future hasn't yet happened. It is possible to trace the change back to what a previous state should've been for the present one to be possible, and as well to logically conclude what the future will be like, but physically going backward to a previous state or onward to a future state, skipping all in between, is not possible (going onward happens on its own anyway).

How time is generally regarded in media, in movies, and such, is a delusion. Time is directly dependent on matter, not the other way around. Our universe is not made of time, or space for that matter, our universe is made of matter doing its thing, and space and time are the effects of that process. Our own perception, even existence itself, is that process.

Matter may exist outside of time. It certainly appears to be true. Space is more related to time than matter itself. If there exists a dimension or unit of space, matter can not traverse within that space without time because matter is limited to the speed of light. It can not be every where at once.
Matter creates those so called space and time. Space and time do not exist on their own, they come from matter and are directly dependent on it. Matter and its process determine the characteristics of space and time.
The speed of matter is determined by what is in its surroundings and what other matter influence it.


(Or can it?) However, information in the form of an attribute of matter (spin, polarization, etc) appears to be transferred from one piece of matter to another without time although we don't know if that is in context of traversing the space or haven taken some alternative route.
We can only perceive matter in change. If it did nothing we could not see it. But then if it did nothing it probably wouldn't, and perhaps couldn't, exist.
Spin, polarization, etc., are our perceptions of it (thus far), but not necessarily the true form.

That is a little too mystical to discount empirical measures as merely a perception. Things like MRI machines would not exist if spin was not an actual physical attribute of matter.

It's like we see only the "illusion". But what creates the "illusion"?

I guess there is always the possibility that the information was never transferred over the distance of space, but there are not many schools of quantum mechanics that maintain locality that are taken serious. The many worlds school is local.
Information is matter itself and matter influencing other matter.

Regardless if matter/information can exist outside of time, it is hard to see how a timeless state could be leveraged to go forward or backwards in a timed state at will.
Not outside of time, matter is what enables time. It's rather that matter is right inside of it, the core of time if you will,
We live in an ocean of constant change enabled by matter. This change is the closest thing to the so called "time". And the same change is as well what most people regard as "space". In truth they are simply two aspects of the same, inseparable, and created by something very much concrete yet not perceivable directly but through change.

You have an odd mixture of relativity and metaphysics rolled up together in this, yet you completely discount entanglement and possible implications of quantum mechanics.

You speak of time with 100% certainty, so that is good, I guess.
tahir.imanov
Posts: 272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 3:09:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 3:07:21 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
Is it possible using all the theories of time travel that we could actually go the time we want? Is it really possible to create Time Machine?

You have to distinct going back in time and going to the future.
(Actually we are traveling in time towards the future) If you travel in very high speed (velocity) you will travel to the future also, because time will slow down for you.
If you are in spaceship which travels with speed c/2, for each 1 second for you will be equal to approximately 1.15 seconds outside of ship. So 365 days for you will be equal to approximately 421.5 days outside of ship. (I did calculations in my head, they may be inaccurate)
But to travel back to past theoretically possible, but practically (almost) impossible, because of energy amount needed even we have such a machine. It is logically and philosophically impossible, too.
This is red.
nummi
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 3:15:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
That is a little too mystical to discount empirical measures as merely a perception. Things like MRI machines would not exist if spin was not an actual physical attribute of matter.
They are merely perceptions, but how accurate? We can only see them through "change", how in the presence of others they react, and from that estimate a form. Spin might refer to a "physical" attribute, but we cannot know it's "true" form, only that which is suggested through "change".

You have an odd mixture of relativity and metaphysics rolled up together in this, yet you completely discount entanglement and possible implications of quantum mechanics.
Not exactly. I just don't look our world through "established" ways.

You speak of time with 100% certainty, so that is good, I guess.
I have my own definition for it.
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 7:53:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/3/2014 3:07:21 AM, Krazzy_Player wrote:
Is it possible using all the theories of time travel that we could actually go the time we want? Is it really possible to create Time Machine?

Time travel is not impossible according to the laws of physics as we know them. We can't know anything more about it until somebody finds a way to test it.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 9:33:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Time travel is impossible. I find a belief in it extremely absurd and I'm sorry I was bamboozled into taken it seriously. For one, the paradoxes (imagined) time travel scenarios present highlights it's absurdity. The grandfather paradox for instance, where someone sleeps with a woman who turns out to be his grandmother. I would find it funny if a skeptic of the after life believed in time travel; because time travel should allow for someone to travel far into the future when one is to be dead already. And when you travel to a moment in the past (eg when you are being born) an identity paradox is clearly shown: the same person time travelling to a moment before he existed.

The only means we have of 'time travel' is by recalling past events, recording past events, recreating past events; and preventing (eg by death), predicting and projecting into the future (by our predictions) all by our actions in the present which are physically bound in. To presume otherwise is to confuse 'cartoon physics' for real physics.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2014 9:36:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/9/2014 9:33:04 PM, Iredia wrote:
Time travel is impossible. I find a belief in it extremely absurd and I'm sorry I was bamboozled into taking it seriously. For one, the paradoxes (imagined) time travel scenarios present highlights it's absurdity. The grandfather paradox for instance, where someone sleeps with a woman who turns out to be his grandmother. I would find it funny if a skeptic of the after life believed in time travel; because time travel should allow for someone to travel far into the future when one is to be dead already. And when you travel to a moment in the past (eg when you are being born) an identity paradox is clearly shown: the same person time travelling to a moment before he existed.

The only means we have of 'time travel' is by recalling past events, recording past events, recreating past events; and preventing (eg by death), predicting and projecting into the future (by our predictions) all by our actions in the present which are physically bound in. To presume otherwise is to confuse 'cartoon physics' for real physics.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.