Jump to topic:

The Copenhagen interpretation of QM

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 9:48:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is there a reason it's called "Copenhagen".... and that happens to be one of my favorite dips?

Maybe I am scientifically minded after all....
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Ipsofacto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 12:31:48 PM
At 3/1/2014 9:48:12 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
Is there a reason it's called "Copenhagen".... and that happens to be one of my favorite dips?

Zmike,

Not to be a Bohr, but Institutions have consequences.

Curious on the angle you are taking. Is the implication the sociology of Science? I'm thinking Kuhn here.

Or perhaps you are teasing out the edges of hard science and how the "collapse upon inspection" (pun -or allusion- quite intended).
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 1:47:03 PM

It's both tobacco and not tobacco at the same time. Only until you open the can do you break the superpositon.

There should be a many worlds brand of tobacco. I can see the slogan.

"In one world you're chewing, make that this one."
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Ipsofacto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 1:58:40 PM
At 3/3/2014 1:47:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

It's both tobacco and not tobacco at the same time. Only until you open the can do you break the superpositon.

Well said.

I hear in some possible worlds such snuff is mistaken for catnip. Usually by German-Speaking Austrians, and their cats, of course.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 5:37:42 PM
At 3/3/2014 1:47:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

Whoah... that's an awesome idea. But I dunno if the people chew is marketed too would get it... xD :P

I read somewhere that Niels Bohr used Cope alot...?

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 5:38:28 PM
At 3/1/2014 12:31:48 PM, Ipsofacto wrote:

Zmike,

Curious on the angle you are taking. Is the implication the sociology of Science? I'm thinking Kuhn here.

Or perhaps you are teasing out the edges of hard science and how the "collapse upon inspection" (pun -or allusion- quite intended).

Oh gosh, those jokes are so pun-ishing...

Ipsofacto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 6:11:28 PM
At 3/3/2014 5:38:28 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/1/2014 12:31:48 PM, Ipsofacto wrote:

Zmike,

Oh gosh, those jokes are so pun-ishing...

Zmike,

Indeed. We all pion for better days.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 7:37:41 PM

I thought you were a physicist?
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 9:00:09 PM
At 3/3/2014 7:37:41 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

I thought you were a physicist?

Not at all! :P What made you think that?