Jump to topic:

Science Fiction flaws!

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 4:49:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Got any scientific flaws from your favorite fiction? I have one that I have pondered on: How does the starship Enterprise receive sensor readings/communications while at warp speed. Warp is considered to be faster than light, and sensor readings are bound to be detecting some sort of electromagnetic waves, so how would they receive any information in the opposite direction of travel?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 5:13:02 PM
Anytime the engines of a spaceship go out and the spaceship stops in space. It takes a force to accelerate (a slowing spaceship would have negative acceleration), and since there is nothing to stop the spaceship (not even air), the spaceship could not conceivably stop in empty space when it was moving before.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 4:01:48 AM
What about the unlikely possibility Capt. Kirk seemed to have no 'logistical' problems with any alien species he attempted to have sex with?!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten