Jump to topic:

A query to the evolutionist crowd

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 5:34:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So is it your belief that nothing happened to some molecules which for no reason whatsoever formed self-replicating cells, which then suddenly formed complex life-forms during the Cambrian Explosion?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 5:40:03 PM
At 3/21/2014 5:34:19 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
So is it your belief that nothing happened to some molecules which for no reason whatsoever formed self-replicating cells, which then suddenly formed complex life-forms during the Cambrian Explosion?

Please clarify your question. It is incomprehensible as it stands.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 5:45:34 PM
At 3/21/2014 5:40:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I don't see what's so incomprehensible about it.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 5:59:22 PM
At 3/21/2014 5:45:34 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

I don't see what is comprehensible about it. What are you asking?

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:03:16 PM
At 3/21/2014 5:59:22 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I am asking why you believe molecules from minerals somehow assembled themselves into self-replicating bacteria and viruses, which then suddenly formed complex animals. I am asking if you are really serious i this belief.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 6:13:23 PM
At 3/21/2014 6:03:16 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

I am asking why you believe molecules from minerals somehow assembled themselves into self-replicating bacteria and viruses, which then suddenly formed complex animals. I am asking if you are really serious i this belief.

First off, there is nothing sudden about this process. Second, I believe it because we have observed inorganic molecules placed into a vacuum, given the environment theorized to have been the state of the cosmos immediately after the Big Bang. When energy was arced through these molecules, the restructured into organic substances, bonded, and stabilized in a nanosecond. Extrapolate that to fourteen billion years. I firmly believe that this is how God created the universe. All evidence points to it, and the only evidence against it is blindly following the bible and/or pseudo science.

Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:10:54 PM

Viruses self replicate?
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:18:48 PM
At 3/21/2014 7:10:54 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

Viruses self replicate?

Well, they do on my computer.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:19:25 PM
At 3/21/2014 7:18:48 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 3/21/2014 7:10:54 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

Viruses self replicate?

Well, they do on my computer.

Oh really? Please define self-replicate.

God most likely exists:
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:30:38 PM
At 3/21/2014 6:13:23 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

First off, there is nothing sudden about this process. Second, I believe it because we have observed inorganic molecules placed into a vacuum, given the environment theorized to have been the state of the cosmos immediately after the Big Bang. When energy was arced through these molecules, the restructured into organic substances, bonded, and stabilized in a nanosecond. Extrapolate that to fourteen billion years. I firmly believe that this is how God created the universe. All evidence points to it, and the only evidence against it is blindly following the bible and/or pseudo science.

The evidence that we creationists have is the huge complexity of life. The information contained within one person's DNA would fill enough books stacked on top of each other to reach the moon!
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:40:03 PM
At 3/21/2014 7:30:38 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

The evidence that we creationists have is the huge complexity of life. The information contained within one person's DNA would fill enough books stacked on top of each other to reach the moon!

This is an appeal to ignorance. "I don't know how it could have gotten so complex that way, therefore it couldn't have". This argument holds no water.

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:41:11 PM
At 3/21/2014 7:40:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

This is an appeal to ignorance. "I don't know how it could have gotten so complex that way, therefore it couldn't have". This argument holds no water.

Dude, your own Quran talks about Adam (or whatever Islam calls him). Are you telling me you don't believe in that?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:44:10 PM
At 3/21/2014 7:41:11 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Dude, your own Quran talks about Adam (or whatever Islam calls him). Are you telling me you don't believe in that?

I do. But I also believe that the earth is 4.2 billion years old, and that god created the universe via the Big Bang and life via evolution, because that is what irrefutable evidence points to. I follow evidence, not stubborn assumptions based on faulty interpretations of scripture.

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:47:27 PM
At 3/21/2014 7:44:10 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I do. But I also believe that the earth is 4.2 billion years old, and that god created the universe via the Big Bang and life via evolution, because that is what irrefutable evidence points to. I follow evidence, not stubborn assumptions based on faulty interpretations of scripture.

So what, you think that over billions of years we came from monkeys and then one day God abducted two of them and took them to a secluded garden where He pronounced His creation very good, even though things had been dying for the past several billions of years? Listen to yourself, dude! Anyone who's honest with themselves will be willing to admit that some religions (such as Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) are incompatible with the theory of evolution.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 7:53:12 PM
At 3/21/2014 7:47:27 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

So what, you think that over billions of years we came from monkeys and then one day God abducted two of them and took them to a secluded garden where He pronounced His creation very good, even though things had been dying for the past several billions of years? Listen to yourself, dude! Anyone who's honest with themselves will be willing to admit that some religions (such as Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) are incompatible with the theory of evolution.

I cannot speak for Judaism or Christianity, but Islam is not incompatible with evolution. The concept of creation you put forth is specific to Christianity, and does not apply to Islam. As I said, I follow evidence, not human interpretations of scripture. The evidence of and old earth and an evolved life is irrefutable. It is true whether people believe so or not. Given the fact that god is perfect and does not lie, one must conclude that the narrative of scripture cannot contradict that which is clearly seen to occur in this world. If it does, then it cannot be the word of god.

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 5:54:12 AM
At 3/21/2014 7:53:12 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 3/21/2014 7:47:27 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

I cannot speak for Judaism or Christianity, but Islam is not incompatible with evolution. The concept of creation you put forth is specific to Christianity, and does not apply to Islam. As I said, I follow evidence, not human interpretations of scripture. The evidence of and old earth and an evolved life is irrefutable. It is true whether people believe so or not. Given the fact that god is perfect and does not lie, one must conclude that the narrative of scripture cannot contradict that which is clearly seen to occur in this world. If it does, then it cannot be the word of god.

The Qur'an says that Adam and Eve were completed in paradise before they were brought to Earth. (1) Do you think they evolved there or were they created? (2) Why where they manufactured in paradise and not with the rest of the species who you believe to have evolved?
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:01:03 AM

That is abiogenesis, not evolution. Also, it was not nothing.

We know that in a reduced atmosphere that amino acids, the building block of life, can form. We also know that in a reduced atmosphere that RNA can form, which eventually became DNA. If there are both amino acids and RNA present then life could form. After life forms we have survival of the fittest and natural selection to guide evolution.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 1:50:08 PM

No. No one's belief is that.
Iredia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 1:58:41 PM
At 3/26/2014 11:01:03 AM, SNP1 wrote:

We know that in a reduced atmosphere that amino acids, the building block of life, can form. We also know that in a reduced atmosphere that RNA can form, which eventually became DNA. If there are both amino acids and RNA present then life could form. After life forms we have survival of the fittest and natural selection to guide evolution.

I sometimes wonder whether it is too convenient that geologists haven't seen evidence that concludes that early earth had oxygen. It wouldn't be a far-fetched claim to make given that no geologist or biologist disputes the presence of the ocean (minus its salt) then.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 2:03:13 PM
At 3/27/2014 1:58:41 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 3/26/2014 11:01:03 AM, SNP1 wrote:

I sometimes wonder whether it is too convenient that geologists haven't seen evidence that concludes that early earth had oxygen. It wouldn't be a far-fetched claim to make given that no geologist or biologist disputes the presence of the ocean (minus its salt) then.

What do you get when you mix hydrogen with oxygen and a shittonne of heat & lightning?

That's where your early earth oxygen has gone

God most likely exists: