Jump to topic:

We have landed on the Moon!

MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 12:02:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Haven't we? This is something that I've never really thought about, but apparently there is a whole group out there dedicated to "disproving the hoax of the NASA moon landing". Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Personally, I haven't looked into it at all, although I don't see why people would think otherwise. I feel that if there was anything minor which disproved the whole thing, then NASA do worse proof-checking than anyone else on the Earth.

Meh. Ah well. I'm open to be convinced and am currently neutral. Shoot away!
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 2:06:42 PM
At 4/2/2014 12:02:59 PM, MysticEgg wrote:
Haven't we? This is something that I've never really thought about, but apparently there is a whole group out there dedicated to "disproving the hoax of the NASA moon landing". Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Personally, I haven't looked into it at all, although I don't see why people would think otherwise. I feel that if there was anything minor which disproved the whole thing, then NASA do worse proof-checking than anyone else on the Earth.

Reflectors on the moon... Allows us measure how far away it is with ridiculous precision. Not bad ey?

Also we have a satellite in low moon orbit which has photographed the landing sites.....
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 3:38:50 PM
At 4/2/2014 2:06:42 PM, Sswdwm wrote:

Reflectors on the moon... Allows us measure how far away it is with ridiculous precision. Not bad ey?

Also we have a satellite in low moon orbit which has photographed the landing sites.....

1-0 to the Pro-Moon
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 5:22:40 PM

Most of the people in that group are just bored and have nothing better to do.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 8:08:36 PM

I watched it live on TV, and why would we lie about it anyway.

Over the years I've known two people that didn't believe we actually went, both claimed to have all kinds of evidence, pictures of the stage where we faked it and all that, they always have "proof". Conspiracy theorists can believe anything, and there's a ton of them, I'm trying to figure out how to make money off these kooks.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 12:49:44 PM
At the very least occam's razor provides evidence of the moon landing. It is simpler to think the evidence is true unless there is some strong evidence against it.

There's tons of third-party evidence for the moon landing too
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia also does a good job of responding to moon landing hoax claims

404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 1:33:59 PM
At 4/3/2014 12:49:44 PM, n7 wrote:
At the very least occam's razor provides evidence of the moon landing. It is simpler to think the evidence is true unless there is some strong evidence against it.

Yup, yup. From philosophy to science, we see the moon landing's authentic nature.
InvictusManeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 3:49:55 PM
From what I know of the moon landing conspiracy, much of it is grounded in the film 'The Shining' and how Stanley Kubrick was supposedly enlisted by the US gov to film a moon landing in a studio, and The Shining was Kubrick's way of ameliorating his feelings regarding his involvement in the hoax.

The conspiracy theorists maintain that the US was desperate to beat the Russians to the feat and thus they didn't actually pull it off. It was a space race and they cheated their way to the top.

It is, of course, complete and utter bullshite.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 3:58:47 PM
At 4/3/2014 12:49:44 PM, n7 wrote:

Interesting, especially the stats provided, I find it hard to believe that between 6% and 20% of Americans believe the moon landings were faked, in fact, I think there's a conspiracy to provide false stats about it
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 4:49:56 PM
What motive would there be to fake a moon-landing anyway? The U.S already sent a probe to Mars, why not use that to let the Soviets know who was boss?
WheezySquash8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 4:13:16 PM

I believe that we landed on the moon sooooo yeah.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 3:49:05 PM
I actually did a debate up at Essex county college in New Jersey. Some idiot from Brazil flew up to try and support the hoax idea. This was actually started by the Russians, who released a report declaring it to be fake exactly 11 hours after Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon. If you find any evidence declaring it to be a hoax, post it here and I will debunk it.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bannanawamajama
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2014 2:27:36 PM
Wake up sheeple, we didn't land on the moon, the moon landed on us! America needed to reinforce nationalism and our superiority to keep the masses happy and unafraid that the government was powerful enough to defeat any enemies, especially Russia, so when they looked more technologically advanced based on a superior space program, we knew we had to do something big to prove ourselves superior.

Unfortunately, we lost, and Russia was clearly much more likely to reach the moon first, so we staged a moon landing on a private set and transmitted it over teh air so it would look like we reached the moon years in advance. Eventually the US space program developed enough so that they could reach the moon, and they did so covertly in a nonadvertised mission, but they were so thoroughly beaten that they admitted defeat to Russia.

Russia, understanding the need for propaganda, and wishing to keep the established power in the US to avoid Cold War escalation, allowed us to keep lying about winning, on one condition. Rather than plant a US flag on the moon and claim it as our own, we left a white flag of surrender, as indisputable proof that we had given up and accepted Russia as superior. Thats why if you visit the moon landing site today, you would find a white flag there, not a US one.
Nathan-D
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:09:44 AM
There's an interesting documentary called 'Something Funny Happened On The Way To The Moon' showing a supposedly unintentionally leaked video showing the astronauts in low Earth-orbit disingenuously creating a fake image of the Earth thousands of miles out to create the illusion they were half way to the Moon when they weren"t. They"re caught red-handed faking it. What they did was put the camera at the back of the shuttle, shut off all light from entering the space craft from all windows, close the iris on the camera, and centre it on one circular window in the spacecraft. The window is completely full up with the Earth in low orbit and the circumference of the window creates the illusion of Earth thousands of miles out. It"s a brilliantly ingenious bit of camera-trickery. The cats are out of the bag, the game is up, and there is no way of getting that towering mushroom cloud back inside those shiny metal hemispheres.
MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:21:34 AM
At 4/20/2014 3:49:05 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
I actually did a debate up at Essex county college in New Jersey. Some idiot from Brazil flew up to try and support the hoax idea. This was actually started by the Russians, who released a report declaring it to be fake exactly 11 hours after Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon. If you find any evidence declaring it to be a hoax, post it here and I will debunk it.

Hey! That's my job! ;)
MysticEgg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:23:52 AM
At 4/25/2014 10:09:44 AM, Nathan-D wrote:
There's an interesting documentary called 'Something Funny Happened On The Way To The Moon' showing a supposedly unintentionally leaked video showing the astronauts in low Earth-orbit disingenuously creating a fake image of the Earth thousands of miles out to create the illusion they were half way to the Moon when they weren"t. They"re caught red-handed faking it. What they did was put the camera at the back of the shuttle, shut off all light from entering the space craft from all windows, close the iris on the camera, and centre it on one circular window in the spacecraft. The window is completely full up with the Earth in low orbit and the circumference of the window creates the illusion of Earth thousands of miles out. It"s a brilliantly ingenious bit of camera-trickery. The cats are out of the bag, the game is up, and there is no way of getting that towering mushroom cloud back inside those shiny metal hemispheres.

Funnily enough, I saw this about four weeks ago, purely by chance. Forgive me if I'm wrong on this account (my short-term memory doesn't always help me four weeks after!), but didn't the narrator say something like: "This footage was exclusively sent to us, purely by mistake, from NASA", or something really convenient like that?
Nathan-D
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2014 10:39:50 AM
At 4/25/2014 10:23:52 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/25/2014 10:09:44 AM, Nathan-D wrote:

Funnily enough, I saw this about four weeks ago, purely by chance. Forgive me if I'm wrong on this account (my short-term memory doesn't always help me four weeks after!), but didn't the narrator say something like: "This footage was exclusively sent to us, purely by mistake, from NASA", or something really convenient like that?
Yeah, something along those lines. Perhaps an insider did it deliberately, we'll never know I guess.