Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Solar Panels debate?

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:05:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anyone interested in debating if solar panels are currently economical? For either small power plant scale or personal home use?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:05:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/18/2014 3:05:04 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Anyone interested in debating if solar panels are currently economical? For either small power plant scale or personal home use?

I would be taking that they are currently economical.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:15:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
if solar panels are economical, eh?
economical: avoiding waste or extravagance
WOOOOT I'd love taking con side on this one.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:27:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I could.. but prefer it to be a shorter format.. I'm a bit tired of 5 rounders...
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 4:29:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also would prefer a broader debate than just the economics of solar panels and would like to expand onto other factors, such as spacing, utility, etc...

Since economics is just a yes/no answer which can be done with a calculator...
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 6:09:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/18/2014 4:29:25 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
Also would prefer a broader debate than just the economics of solar panels and would like to expand onto other factors, such as spacing, utility, etc...

Since economics is just a yes/no answer which can be done with a calculator...

Aren't spacing and utility a part of the economics of it?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 6:47:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/18/2014 6:09:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 4/18/2014 4:29:25 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
Also would prefer a broader debate than just the economics of solar panels and would like to expand onto other factors, such as spacing, utility, etc...

Since economics is just a yes/no answer which can be done with a calculator...

Aren't spacing and utility a part of the economics of it?

Mm, I think I will pass, I just read your debate with RoyLatham, which was a really great debate, but I'm much more interested in debating the science and developmental feasibility and comparison to other solutions rather than brute economics.

It's just not the flavour of debate I'm keen on :-)
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 6:51:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/18/2014 6:47:01 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/18/2014 6:09:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 4/18/2014 4:29:25 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
Also would prefer a broader debate than just the economics of solar panels and would like to expand onto other factors, such as spacing, utility, etc...

Since economics is just a yes/no answer which can be done with a calculator...

Aren't spacing and utility a part of the economics of it?

Mm, I think I will pass, I just read your debate with RoyLatham, which was a really great debate, but I'm much more interested in debating the science and developmental feasibility and comparison to other solutions rather than brute economics.

It's just not the flavour of debate I'm keen on :-)

You weren't supposed to read that, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sswdwm
Posts: 1,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 6:55:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/18/2014 6:51:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 4/18/2014 6:47:01 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
At 4/18/2014 6:09:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 4/18/2014 4:29:25 PM, Sswdwm wrote:
Also would prefer a broader debate than just the economics of solar panels and would like to expand onto other factors, such as spacing, utility, etc...

Since economics is just a yes/no answer which can be done with a calculator...

Aren't spacing and utility a part of the economics of it?

Mm, I think I will pass, I just read your debate with RoyLatham, which was a really great debate, but I'm much more interested in debating the science and developmental feasibility and comparison to other solutions rather than brute economics.

It's just not the flavour of debate I'm keen on :-)

You weren't supposed to read that, lol.

Lol, sorry I always check out my opponents :-p
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:
http://www.debate.org...

God most likely exists:
http://www.debate.org...