Jump to topic:

Rodin Vortex Coil

Bannanawamajama
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 11:38:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Has anyone heard of these before? Its some kind of electromagnetic wire coil that has wire bands woven into a toroid shape. I don't really know what's going on with it but supposedly it should be more efficient than a standard toroid configuration for an electromagnet coil.

I tried looking at some video that was supposed to explain it but it went into some weird geometry based math about fractals and stuff and I don't know much about that so I didn't see what they were trying to get at.

Has anyone heard of these or seen them before and attest to whether they are useful or not? Some people claim its a way of making a free energy motor, which is obviously a hoax, but how does this configuration compare to a normal electromagnet? Is there anything to actally be gained from this?

Here is the kind of coil I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com...

And another thing based on the same idea:
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 5:21:01 PM
At 4/25/2014 11:38:20 AM, Bannanawamajama wrote:
Has anyone heard of these before? Its some kind of electromagnetic wire coil that has wire bands woven into a toroid shape. I don't really know what's going on with it but supposedly it should be more efficient than a standard toroid configuration for an electromagnet coil.

I tried looking at some video that was supposed to explain it but it went into some weird geometry based math about fractals and stuff and I don't know much about that so I didn't see what they were trying to get at.

Has anyone heard of these or seen them before and attest to whether they are useful or not? Some people claim its a way of making a free energy motor, which is obviously a hoax, but how does this configuration compare to a normal electromagnet? Is there anything to actally be gained from this?

Here is the kind of coil I'm talking about:

And another thing based on the same idea:

Never heard of those but will watch those vids when I'm in wifi.

Why does free energy need to be a hoax? Perpetual energy with efficiency at or above unity, sure, but free energy already exists in wind and wave powered turbines etc. Perhaps it's possible to "tap" the Earth's magnetic field or solar flares for energy or something, it's not too far-fetched.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Bannanawamajama
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 11:01:01 PM
Well "free energy" as an idea isn't necessarily impossible, but usually its just a cop out when people use it. Like a way of saying "this thing makes infinite energy and I don't have any reason to explain how". Like some use magnetic resonance, but its clear when people try to elaborate that they don't really get how magnetism works. Others use "Zero point energy" which is inherently impossible because zero point energy by definition shouldn't be able to be extracted from anything. This one for example, supposedly accumulates "dark energy" from the universe, but we honestly don't know what dark energy is or even if its a real thing so that seems like a pretty wild claim to try and make.

But technically if it turns out dark energy does exist, there could be a kind of free energy generator that utilizes it, although I kind of doubt that would work just based on the fact that it would be on a scale we can't really deal with.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 11:44:57 PM
At 4/25/2014 11:01:01 PM, Bannanawamajama wrote:
Well "free energy" as an idea isn't necessarily impossible, but usually its just a cop out when people use it. Like a way of saying "this thing makes infinite energy and I don't have any reason to explain how". Like some use magnetic resonance, but its clear when people try to elaborate that they don't really get how magnetism works. Others use "Zero point energy" which is inherently impossible because zero point energy by definition shouldn't be able to be extracted from anything. This one for example, supposedly accumulates "dark energy" from the universe, but we honestly don't know what dark energy is or even if its a real thing so that seems like a pretty wild claim to try and make.

But technically if it turns out dark energy does exist, there could be a kind of free energy generator that utilizes it, although I kind of doubt that would work just based on the fact that it would be on a scale we can't really deal with.

Yeah I see your point, there are some con men out there and it's an easy sell because everyone (except Big Fossil Fuels) wants it to be true.

Not overly versed in dark energy, but certainly practicality matters just as much as theoretical possibility. If we ignore scale, you could use the orbit of the moon as a source of rotational energy in theory. Imagine the torque you'd get outta that bad boy!
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5