Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Is intelligent design science?

PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:21:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.

And how has this prediction been tested? I assert that what the YEC crowd has done is the exact opposite. They looked around and found what their uneducated minds saw as irreducible complexity, and then tried to fit it in to their preconceived notions. Doesn't sound much like science to me.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:36:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:21:25 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.

And how has this prediction been tested? I assert that what the YEC crowd has done is the exact opposite. They looked around and found what their uneducated minds saw as irreducible complexity, and then tried to fit it in to their preconceived notions. Doesn't sound much like science to me.

Well you wouldn't mind testing the strength of that assertion in a formal debate then, would you?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 12:47:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.

And do you think that it has be tested and has shown that irreducible complexity exists ?

Or is is just a baseless assertion ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 12:58:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 12:47:07 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.

And do you think that it has be tested and has shown that irreducible complexity exists ?

Or is is just a baseless assertion ?

It has been tested in labs and it has been found that it is impossible to get bacteria from the things they were supposed to have formed from by chance.
Aithlin
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 12:59:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 12:58:17 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/28/2014 12:47:07 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.

And do you think that it has be tested and has shown that irreducible complexity exists ?

Or is is just a baseless assertion ?

It has been tested in labs and it has been found that it is impossible to get bacteria from the things they were supposed to have formed from by chance.

Link?
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 2:03:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 12:59:37 AM, Aithlin wrote:
At 4/28/2014 12:58:17 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/28/2014 12:47:07 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.

And do you think that it has be tested and has shown that irreducible complexity exists ?

Or is is just a baseless assertion ?

It has been tested in labs and it has been found that it is impossible to get bacteria from the things they were supposed to have formed from by chance.

Link?

google.com
Aithlin
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 2:55:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 2:03:41 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/28/2014 12:59:37 AM, Aithlin wrote:
At 4/28/2014 12:58:17 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/28/2014 12:47:07 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:18:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:14:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:12:22 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:09:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:07:53 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

Why am I a troll? Because I disagree with you?

No. Because you troll. Like you are trying to do to me right now.

If you don't want to accept the debate, just stop replying to me.

i'll take it. Go ahead. What makes you think that it is science?

It makes predictions which can be tested, such as the prediction that the initial forms of life will have irreducibly complex features.

And do you think that it has be tested and has shown that irreducible complexity exists ?

Or is is just a baseless assertion ?

It has been tested in labs and it has been found that it is impossible to get bacteria from the things they were supposed to have formed from by chance.

Link?

google.com

Do not play games with me, Installgentoo. Are you able to provide a proper link? If you are not, than I have no good reasons to agree with your assertion.
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 12:09:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

I'm typing from my phone that was an honest question to the forum about what intelligent design (not the theory but actually anything intelligently design like buildings, bee hives, stone tools, etc...) attributes are and do they, or don't they apply to cell biology or even more basic earliest living thing?
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 10:18:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

Indeed. I think quite a nice feature is the presence of straight lines. "Nature doesn't produce straight lines."


when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

No, they don't. :D


so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

That's a really good question. Straight lines is one I can think of. But you have to put everything into context to really determine if something is designed.

I think that every designed thing is man made, but that doesn't imply that every designed thing has to be, no. Take aliens, for example. Should intelligent life exist, it seems reasonable (even probable) for aliens to be designers. But "design in nature" is an oxymoron.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 11:49:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/29/2014 10:18:40 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

Indeed. I think quite a nice feature is the presence of straight lines. "Nature doesn't produce straight lines."


when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

No, they don't. :D


so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

That's a really good question. Straight lines is one I can think of. But you have to put everything into context to really determine if something is designed.

I think that every designed thing is man made, but that doesn't imply that every designed thing has to be, no. Take aliens, for example. Should intelligent life exist, it seems reasonable (even probable) for aliens to be designers. But "design in nature" is an oxymoron.

wow koolaid in full force. you gave no thought to the questions. straight lines? and you claim there are none in nature. check out the crystal caverns with 15 foot long crystals or basalt columns. you say desin is man made your logic is circular you wont see design in anything not man made. that is subjective, bias, and ill concieved. I was looking for something more testable and objective with that line of questioning
ArcTImes
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 5:03:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/29/2014 11:49:31 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/29/2014 10:18:40 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

Indeed. I think quite a nice feature is the presence of straight lines. "Nature doesn't produce straight lines."


when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

No, they don't. :D


so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

That's a really good question. Straight lines is one I can think of. But you have to put everything into context to really determine if something is designed.

I think that every designed thing is man made, but that doesn't imply that every designed thing has to be, no. Take aliens, for example. Should intelligent life exist, it seems reasonable (even probable) for aliens to be designers. But "design in nature" is an oxymoron.

wow koolaid in full force. you gave no thought to the questions. straight lines? and you claim there are none in nature. check out the crystal caverns with 15 foot long crystals or basalt columns. you say desin is man made your logic is circular you wont see design in anything not man made. that is subjective, bias, and ill concieved. I was looking for something more testable and objective with that line of questioning

The problem is that the opposite is a fallacy. I don't see design in anything that i don't have experienced it is designed. The problem here is that we know things are designed because we compare with non designed things. If everything is designed, you could not differ between designed and non designed.

If you are talking about complexity, complexity is not a characteristic of a design. You could design something very simple, and very complex things appear in nature (but you are going to argue they are design, I don't know why).
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 10:17:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/29/2014 5:03:49 PM, ArcTImes wrote:
At 4/29/2014 11:49:31 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/29/2014 10:18:40 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

Indeed. I think quite a nice feature is the presence of straight lines. "Nature doesn't produce straight lines."


when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

No, they don't. :D


so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

That's a really good question. Straight lines is one I can think of. But you have to put everything into context to really determine if something is designed.

I think that every designed thing is man made, but that doesn't imply that every designed thing has to be, no. Take aliens, for example. Should intelligent life exist, it seems reasonable (even probable) for aliens to be designers. But "design in nature" is an oxymoron.

wow koolaid in full force. you gave no thought to the questions. straight lines? and you claim there are none in nature. check out the crystal caverns with 15 foot long crystals or basalt columns. you say desin is man made your logic is circular you wont see design in anything not man made. that is subjective, bias, and ill concieved. I was looking for something more testable and objective with that line of questioning

The problem is that the opposite is a fallacy. I don't see design in anything that i don't have experienced it is designed. The problem here is that we know things are designed because we compare with non designed things. If everything is designed, you could not differ between designed and non designed.

If you are talking about complexity, complexity is not a characteristic of a design. You could design something very simple, and very complex things appear in nature (but you are going to argue they are design, I don't know why).

No I'm not referring to complexity. I am referring to design. Scale is important. If you zoom in close enough to the rock surface of stone hedge you can call that natural. zoom out designed.

Beavers design dams. Bees design hives, crabs decorate their shells in designs, etc.. etc.. We can study what are the common attributes of design. It need not be a very intelligent designer.

I do not see design in everything. But you have given no case to make it discernible on facts. That is what I am proposing. You are stating it is subjective. This is counter to a scientific method to determine if something has an attribute or not.

Proof is in the pudding stop drinking the kool aid.
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:22:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/29/2014 11:49:31 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/29/2014 10:18:40 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

Indeed. I think quite a nice feature is the presence of straight lines. "Nature doesn't produce straight lines."


when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

No, they don't. :D


so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

That's a really good question. Straight lines is one I can think of. But you have to put everything into context to really determine if something is designed.

I think that every designed thing is man made, but that doesn't imply that every designed thing has to be, no. Take aliens, for example. Should intelligent life exist, it seems reasonable (even probable) for aliens to be designers. But "design in nature" is an oxymoron.

wow koolaid in full force. you gave no thought to the questions. straight lines? and you claim there are none in nature. check out the crystal caverns with 15 foot long crystals or basalt columns. you say desin is man made your logic is circular you wont see design in anything not man made. that is subjective, bias, and ill concieved. I was looking for something more testable and objective with that line of questioning

I won't go back and forth - it's clear your attitude is one of childish bickering (with the grammar backing it up), and not of debating. So, adieu.

However, please debate me on this, should you want to continue.
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:39:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/30/2014 10:22:02 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/29/2014 11:49:31 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/29/2014 10:18:40 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

Indeed. I think quite a nice feature is the presence of straight lines. "Nature doesn't produce straight lines."


when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

No, they don't. :D


so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

That's a really good question. Straight lines is one I can think of. But you have to put everything into context to really determine if something is designed.

I think that every designed thing is man made, but that doesn't imply that every designed thing has to be, no. Take aliens, for example. Should intelligent life exist, it seems reasonable (even probable) for aliens to be designers. But "design in nature" is an oxymoron.

wow koolaid in full force. you gave no thought to the questions. straight lines? and you claim there are none in nature. check out the crystal caverns with 15 foot long crystals or basalt columns. you say desin is man made your logic is circular you wont see design in anything not man made. that is subjective, bias, and ill concieved. I was looking for something more testable and objective with that line of questioning

I won't go back and forth - it's clear your attitude is one of childish bickering (with the grammar backing it up), and not of debating. So, adieu.

However, please debate me on this, should you want to continue.

He was typing on his phone, which should excuse grammar mistakes.

Typing on a phone can be quite troublesome.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 8:44:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/30/2014 10:22:02 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/29/2014 11:49:31 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/29/2014 10:18:40 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/28/2014 11:36:42 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 4/28/2014 10:21:38 AM, MysticEgg wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:06:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

I am beginning to realize that you are a troll.

What, just now? ;D

what are attributes of an intelligently designed thing? when a anthropoligist comes a sundried mud brick they don't say it formed naturally from sun, grass, and mud. they look for the person who made it

Indeed. I think quite a nice feature is the presence of straight lines. "Nature doesn't produce straight lines."


when an they come across stone henge they don't say it was the result of an astronomically improbable rock slide.

No, they don't. :D


so what are the attributes of a designed thing? and are those attributes present in cell biology? if you think a designed thing has to be man made then your ego is too big.

That's a really good question. Straight lines is one I can think of. But you have to put everything into context to really determine if something is designed.

I think that every designed thing is man made, but that doesn't imply that every designed thing has to be, no. Take aliens, for example. Should intelligent life exist, it seems reasonable (even probable) for aliens to be designers. But "design in nature" is an oxymoron.

wow koolaid in full force. you gave no thought to the questions. straight lines? and you claim there are none in nature. check out the crystal caverns with 15 foot long crystals or basalt columns. you say desin is man made your logic is circular you wont see design in anything not man made. that is subjective, bias, and ill concieved. I was looking for something more testable and objective with that line of questioning

I won't go back and forth - it's clear your attitude is one of childish bickering (with the grammar backing it up), and not of debating. So, adieu.

However, please debate me on this, should you want to continue.

I told you of 2 naturally occurring abiotic instances of straight lines in nature, illustrating you could more than likely be wrong about straight lines being an attribute of design. In response you attacked me with insults. If you read my original post you will see that my derogatory remarks were not to person hood but to your assertions.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Posts: 720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 12:27:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/27/2014 11:04:59 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Anyone want to debate this with me? PM me. I'll be pro.

Sure lets debate.

Set it up, invite me and I will surely accept.

I may be a bit slow to accept as I have a long weekend coming up but pretty please invite me. Should be fun.