Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

What came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2014 10:11:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In 2010 scientists proved that the Chicken came first!

http://metro.co.uk...
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 9:21:07 AM
At 5/14/2014 10:11:18 PM, SNP1 wrote:

So the "rules" are that it has to be a chicken's egg... so an egg that came from a chicken?
Still it doesn't make sense to me. That chicken came from an egg.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 8:05:23 PM

A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken takes out a cigarette and begins to smoke. The egg, pissed off, takes one look at the chicken, rolls over and pulls the blanket over him and says, "I guess we answered that question!"
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 8:07:59 PM

However, to be more serious it does make more sense that an animal would adapt/evolve to protect its young in some way, yet also be able to run away and protect itself in danger without carrying extra baby weight. Hence the egg.

But that's just my thinking for a few minutes. Hope I don't need to elaborate more.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 8:30:22 PM
At 5/15/2014 8:22:10 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
God created the chicken first.

LOL, not really on topic but then again neither was my egg and chicken joke.

Long time no see, hope you are well.
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2014 8:31:12 PM
At 5/15/2014 8:30:22 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
At 5/15/2014 8:22:10 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
God created the chicken first.

LOL, not really on topic but then again neither was my egg and chicken joke.

Long time no see, hope you are well.

;P Thanks, I am doing well in fact, hope you are too!
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 5:05:22 AM
Exactly how does this prove the chicken came first? Are they assuming something evolved into a chicken? And did that something not also have the ability to make an egg? If it did then the egg clearly comes before the evolutionary path to a chicken.

This author took liberties on a study of egg formation and made himself look silly.
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 1:18:08 PM
At 5/16/2014 5:05:22 AM, slo1 wrote:
Exactly how does this prove the chicken came first? Are they assuming something evolved into a chicken? And did that something not also have the ability to make an egg? If it did then the egg clearly comes before the evolutionary path to a chicken.

This author took liberties on a study of egg formation and made himself look silly.

An evolutionist would have to define chicken first for this question to answered..
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 1:31:06 PM

1. Evolution has so much evidence that it is laughable to deny it
2. It is talking about the chicken egg, not an egg in general.
#WarOnDDO
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 1:39:11 PM
At 5/16/2014 1:31:06 PM, SNP1 wrote:

According to evolution, which we all know to be true even if we like to tell ourselves otherwise, proves that the egg came first, because the retarded fish-frog laid an egg and that egg became the chicken. BOOM BABY!
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 1:41:20 PM
At 5/16/2014 1:39:11 PM, Brendan21 wrote:

According to evolution, which we all know to be true even if we like to tell ourselves otherwise, proves that the egg came first, because the retarded fish-frog laid an egg and that egg became the chicken. BOOM BABY!

I hope you are trolling, birds evolved from dinosaurs, not from "fish-frog"s. Again, I also stated that this is talking about chicken eggs, not eggs in general.
#WarOnDDO
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 1:45:02 PM
At 5/16/2014 1:41:20 PM, SNP1 wrote:

I hope you are trolling, birds evolved from dinosaurs, not from "fish-frog"s. Again, I also stated that this is talking about chicken eggs, not eggs in general.

Partial trollage, but my point is still made. The age old question wasn't weather it was a chicken egg or chicken but just egg or chicken so I fail to see how us Eggers don't shatter your Chickeneer party.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 1:51:01 PM
At 5/16/2014 1:45:02 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
At 5/16/2014 1:41:20 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Partial trollage, but my point is still made. The age old question wasn't weather it was a chicken egg or chicken but just egg or chicken so I fail to see how us Eggers don't shatter your Chickeneer party.

If we are talking about any egg then science says the egg came first as birds evolved much later than fish, amphibians, etc.
#WarOnDDO
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 1:51:33 PM

Why focus on the chicken egg when one accepts that what ever the chicken evolved from was already producing eggs?

In other words the egg has to exist for the precursor to the chicken to reproduce and eventually alter enough to be a chicken. Hell, if dinosaurs are the evolutionary path to chickens they were producing eggs before a chicken was ever a twinkle in its ma and pa's eyes.

It is just a stupid irrelevant discussion.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 4:27:21 PM

If it is about a chicken egg, then why is the experiment necessary?
The original question about who came first the chicken or the egg doesn't define correctly their terms, it definitely didn't take evolution into account.

At the end is easy to say that if they are talking about a chicken egg then obviously the chicken came first and if it is talking about eggs, well, eggs came first.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 4:44:04 PM
At 5/15/2014 9:21:07 AM, ArcTImes wrote:

So the "rules" are that it has to be a chicken's egg... so an egg that came from a chicken?

Yes, it came from "an" egg, but we want to know which came first: the chicken or the chicken egg? It's obvious there were a multitude of eggs before it, but we want to know if the chicken or the chicken egg came first.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 4:56:43 PM
At 5/16/2014 4:44:04 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 5/15/2014 9:21:07 AM, ArcTImes wrote:

Yes, it came from "an" egg, but we want to know which came first: the chicken or the chicken egg? It's obvious there were a multitude of eggs before it, but we want to know if the chicken or the chicken egg came first.

I don't think it was obvious, or the problem was ambiguous.
I remember that no matter what was your answer, people used to say, but where did the other came from? It was a problem of infinite regression. There was never a need to say it was a chicken egg because it was obvious that the problem was talking about a chicken egg. It was not taking evolution into account.

Now, this is a problem with our definition of species.
There was no time a non chicken animal lied a chicken egg, Or it would depend of your definition of chicken egg. If a chicken egg is an egg that only a chicken can have, then the question is meaningless. If it an egg with a chicken inside, then it is obviously the egg first, it would have the same problems with the species tho, you know, the same problems that makes a lot of people confused when you talk about transitional species.

I would say that or the egg came first, or the question is just meaningless.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2014 6:10:18 PM
At 5/15/2014 8:07:59 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

However, to be more serious it does make more sense that an animal would adapt/evolve to protect its young in some way, yet also be able to run away and protect itself in danger without carrying extra baby weight. Hence the egg.

But that's just my thinking for a few minutes. Hope I don't need to elaborate more.

The shell did not form as a protection from predation. It allows the eggs to be laid in dryer climates. There is nothing in the ocean or amphibian kingdom that lays hard shelled eggs. Because the environment they lay in is wet.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 10:14:23 PM
At 5/16/2014 6:10:18 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 5/15/2014 8:07:59 PM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

The shell did not form as a protection from predation. It allows the eggs to be laid in dryer climates. There is nothing in the ocean or amphibian kingdom that lays hard shelled eggs. Because the environment they lay in is wet.

I was just thinking of the cuff. That makes sense.
Mineva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 4:15:09 PM
LoL I ve never think about that, egg or chicken. My opinion is egg came first, because once chicken was a dinosaur, but egg was still there as an egg, because dinosaurs reproduces by laying eggs : ) So I'm not agree with britons.