Jump to topic:

Evolution

Logical_Thinker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:39:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There's been lots of talk on this subject, and frankly, I have found evolution to be true, I mean, there's so much evidence, but there's still a lot of people who choose to deny it. Is there any solid, pure proof against evolution? If so, please bring it forward.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 10:15:09 PM
At 7/2/2014 9:39:01 PM, Logical_Thinker wrote:
There's been lots of talk on this subject, and frankly, I have found evolution to be true, I mean, there's so much evidence, but there's still a lot of people who choose to deny it. Is there any solid, pure proof against evolution? If so, please bring it forward.

The nested hierarchy of species (there are a lot of pieces of evidence that point to this conclusion) and the common anatomical structures of various related animals (for example, the similar arm structure of mammals, from human to bat to dolphin). Essentially, this is the only biological theory that can explain these findings.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 11:05:48 AM
At 7/2/2014 9:39:01 PM, Logical_Thinker wrote:

There is no solid, pure proof against any scientific theory, regardless of whether that theory is actually true or not (like Newtonian gravity, which is false yet has no 'solid, pure proof' against it),
Politicallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 2:08:08 PM
Evolution has occured. We have evolved from the volvox to the human being. We even had to pass a stage where we were starfishes. I have a biological evidence for evolution. In the animal cell there is a membrane bound organelle known as the mitochondria. As you might haveknown earlier they produce ATP which is the energy currency of the body. They have their own genetic material and produce their own proteins. They are double layered too. They say that it was a complete cell aeons ago but due to evolution they merged with the animal cell. Even for plants, the plastids also have their own genetic material and proteins. We can call them semi-autonomous organelles. We also seem to possess some mutual characteristics with apes (more with the bonobo although many choose to ignore this breed and prefer to go with chimpanzees). Thus, we are the ultimate form of evolved beings... that is until now....
Meshak
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 1:33:35 PM
At 7/6/2014 1:11:16 PM, MysticEgg wrote:
No, no, NO! Not again!

*jumps out of a high placed window*

*Tosses a piano out of the same window to ensure a job done*
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 3:34:29 PM
At 7/6/2014 3:05:42 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com....

Video both confuses abiogenesis and evolution, and it also makes claims that have been disproven time and time again.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 4:00:31 PM
At 7/6/2014 3:34:29 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

Video both confuses abiogenesis and evolution,

How so, molecules to man evolution is biochemical evolution, that's a type of evolution.

and it also makes claims that have been disproven time and time again.

Such as?
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 4:08:03 PM
At 7/6/2014 4:00:31 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 7/6/2014 3:34:29 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

Video both confuses abiogenesis and evolution,

How so, molecules to man evolution is biochemical evolution, that's a type of evolution.

Abiogenesis is chemistry, evolution is biology. Molecules to man is a term used by creationsists, not scientists. Life arising from non-life=abiogenesis. The change of life over time (and does not include the origin)=evolution.

and it also makes claims that have been disproven time and time again.

Such as?

Mutations can add genetic information.
This link should provide enough explanation:
http://www.talkorigins.org...