Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Evolutionists:

Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 11:21:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Your post is not unique" - And it worked anyway...

In all seriousness, I don't think we will evolve into anything new. But instead of making like three threads one after another, you should make one with all your doubts about evolution. It's better for avoiding all the spam.
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 11:28:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 11:21:52 AM, Mirza wrote:
"Your post is not unique" - And it worked anyway...

In all seriousness, I don't think we will evolve into anything new. But instead of making like three threads one after another, you should make one with all your doubts about evolution. It's better for avoiding all the spam.

These are my 3 current qualms, and wanted to keep them separated.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 11:29:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 11:15:25 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Whats next?

H. erectus -> H.heidelbergensis -> H. neanderthalensis -> H. sapiens -> ??????

Stupid people.

There's no reproductive pressure which would repress them...

They can reproduce as much as they like, and will.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 11:32:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 11:29:15 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/23/2010 11:15:25 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Whats next?

H. erectus -> H.heidelbergensis -> H. neanderthalensis -> H. sapiens -> ??????

Stupid people.

There's no reproductive pressure which would repress them...

They can reproduce as much as they like, and will.

develop cloning technology- fight back!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 11:35:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Stupid people.
There's no reproductive pressure which would repress them...
They can reproduce as much as they like, and will.

wtf are you talking about?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 11:51:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 11:35:50 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Stupid people.
There's no reproductive pressure which would repress them...
They can reproduce as much as they like, and will.


wtf are you talking about?

Imagine you're stupid. lol

In today's world you'll be ok. You'll get some kind of job to provide for yourself, or if not get your basic needs provided for (at least in Prosperous countries).
Also, you can have lots of kids, and have them all provided for too.

Meanwhile, if you were alive back in the day, that is like 20-25 thousand years ago, you'd prolly die, or at least not be able to keep so many kids alive as those smarter people.

So Back in the day there was pressure on the human species to remain/become more intelligent.

Today, not so much.

Stupid people aren't at a reproductive disadvantage, they will spread.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:04:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 11:51:42 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/23/2010 11:35:50 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Stupid people.
There's no reproductive pressure which would repress them...
They can reproduce as much as they like, and will.


wtf are you talking about?

Imagine you're stupid. lol

In today's world you'll be ok. You'll get some kind of job to provide for yourself, or if not get your basic needs provided for (at least in Prosperous countries).
Also, you can have lots of kids, and have them all provided for too.

Meanwhile, if you were alive back in the day, that is like 20-25 thousand years ago, you'd prolly die, or at least not be able to keep so many kids alive as those smarter people.

So Back in the day there was pressure on the human species to remain/become more intelligent.

Today, not so much.

Stupid people aren't at a reproductive disadvantage, they will spread.

Fail. Stupidity is subjective. For example, a car mechanic might be considered stupid when compared to a brain surgeon. But that brain surgeon may not be able to make heads or tails of his car to save his life. What is stupid? Is the 40 year old garbage truck driver, stupid, even when his services are vital to the society?
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:06:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Today, not so much.
Stupid people aren't at a reproductive disadvantage, they will spread.

kk gotcha, but what your saying is that the population will eventually need to advance again once stupidity reaches a certain level. So, you have gone in a circle that leads back to my first post
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:10:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:04:11 PM, tkubok wrote:

Fail. Stupidity is subjective.

FAIL,lol. A term being broad doesn't mean its subject/s is/are non-existent.

I mean both the intelligence of the mechanic, and that of the scientist, that of the artist etc. etc.

Intelligence, in all it's forms, is not something that is particularly beneficial to reproductive success in our society.
AT THE VERY LEAST, not nearly so much as it was back in the day, :. we ought to expect at least a dulling of those various forms of intelligence humanity currently possesses.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:11:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:06:24 PM, CrappyDebater wrote:
So, you have gone in a circle that leads back to my first post

mmm... who knows what random mutations lie in wait??

ask God..
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 12:17:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:04:11 PM, tkubok wrote:
Is the 40 year old garbage truck driver, stupid, even when his services are vital to the society?

I don't know too much about THE garbage truck driver, but the Vital nature of his service has NOTHING to do with his intelligence.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 1:21:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Homo stupidest - survival of the fittest no longer applies due to the compassionate nature of humans. Therefore the strongest (in the case of humanity this would be measured in intelligence) help and provide for the weakest, while the weakest (less intelligent) are the ones who are reproducing the fastest. Therefore we will begin to digress back into a more ape like creature as our intelligence level dwindles.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 2:38:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 12:10:13 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
FAIL,lol. A term being broad doesn't mean its subject/s is/are non-existent.

No, a term being broad means that you could not possibly substantiate what you are talking about in regards to that term without placing qualifiers, which you did not do.

I mean both the intelligence of the mechanic, and that of the scientist, that of the artist etc. etc.

Intelligence, in all it's forms, is not something that is particularly beneficial to reproductive success in our society.
AT THE VERY LEAST, not nearly so much as it was back in the day, :. we ought to expect at least a dulling of those various forms of intelligence humanity currently possesses.

Then what is it that you mean by the term "Stupid"?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2010 3:24:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 2:38:42 PM, tkubok wrote:

Then what is it that you mean by the term "Stupid"?

A relative lack of intelligence.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 1:44:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Homo Sapiens Sapiens

Then a future bright with genetic engineering.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:30:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/23/2010 11:15:25 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Whats next?

H. erectus -> H.heidelbergensis -> H. neanderthalensis -> H. sapiens -> ??????

Actually, you're wrong. Homo neanderthalensis were not part of the evolutionary line that gave rise to Homo sapiens.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 10:18:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually, you're wrong. Homo neanderthalensis were not part of the evolutionary line that gave rise to Homo sapiens.

These are part of the genus Homo according to http://en.wikipedia.org...
so wiki is wrong then?

H. neanderthalensis lived from 400,000[29] years ago. Also proposed as Homo sapiens neanderthalensis: there is ongoing debate over whether the Neanderthal Man was a separate species, Homo neanderthalensis, or a subspecies of H. sapiens.[30] While the debate remains unsettled, evidence from sequencing mitochondrial DNA indicates that no significant gene flow occurred between H. neanderthalensis and H. sapiens, and, therefore, the two were separate species that shared a common ancestor about 660,000 years ago.

According to that its debatable, and evidence points to a separate lineage. So you are perhaps correct, yet to say im wrong is out of line.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 10:22:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 10:19:23 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
H. erectus -> H.heidelbergensis -> H. neanderthalensis -> H. sapiens -> ME! :D
You = Homo Sapiens
Aesius
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 1:30:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 10:22:25 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/24/2010 10:19:23 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
H. erectus -> H.heidelbergensis -> H. neanderthalensis -> H. sapiens -> ME! :D
You = Homo Sapiens

Minus the sapiens.

;D
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 6:41:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 10:18:22 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Actually, you're wrong. Homo neanderthalensis were not part of the evolutionary line that gave rise to Homo sapiens.

These are part of the genus Homo according to http://en.wikipedia.org...
so wiki is wrong then?

Yeah, Wikipedia isn't a very good source for science related matters. When I say that you are wrong, my position is informed by some of the best biologists and anthropologists in the world. Moreover, my view is upheld by incredibly powerful evidence from genetics.

H. neanderthalensis lived from 400,000[29] years ago. Also proposed as Homo sapiens neanderthalensis: there is ongoing debate over whether the Neanderthal Man was a separate species, Homo neanderthalensis, or a subspecies of H. sapiens.[30] While the debate remains unsettled, evidence from sequencing mitochondrial DNA indicates that no significant gene flow occurred between H. neanderthalensis and H. sapiens, and, therefore, the two were separate species that shared a common ancestor about 660,000 years ago.

According to that its debatable, and evidence points to a separate lineage. So you are perhaps correct, yet to say im wrong is out of line.

The debate on the other side is incredibly weak and is currently supported by very few biologists or anthropologists in the 21st century. I am no expert on this topic, but I have studied this specific issue in some depth.

Genetic evidence points to a separate lineage between neandertals and Homo sapiens. If we actually were related to neandertals our genomes would be more similar. However, our genomes are not similar enough to indicate that Homo sapiens were ever breeding with neandertals.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 8:14:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Fair enough Freeman, so whats next?

And what will we have to acquire genetically/physically to be in this next classification?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 9:22:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:30:47 AM, Freeman wrote:
At 2/23/2010 11:15:25 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Whats next?

H. erectus -> H.heidelbergensis -> H. neanderthalensis -> H. sapiens -> ??????

Actually, you're wrong. Homo neanderthalensis were not part of the evolutionary line that gave rise to Homo sapiens.

Actually they can't make their mind up on that one, one week they are, one week they are not, by next week they will be claiming they don't exist.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.