Jump to topic:

Negroid/ Caucasoid IQ Differences

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 3:19:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do you guys think there's such a disparity?

I believe it could be to do with colonialism and encouraged laziness through affirmitive action and all that jazz. However, the systemic differences may point to genetic differences. The trouble with that view is how we differentiate between IQ differences caused by impacted changes in the way blacks and whites are treated in the US and underlying differences.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 3:33:52 AM
At 7/16/2014 3:19:04 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

I believe it could be to do with colonialism and encouraged laziness through affirmitive action and all that jazz. However, the systemic differences may point to genetic differences. The trouble with that view is how we differentiate between IQ differences caused by impacted changes in the way blacks and whites are treated in the US and underlying differences.

I agree that black people have a way higher IQ. I mean the beauty of Jazz music as you pointed out shows that they are superior intellectually.

And to think, I thought this was a troll post by our friend Installgentoo.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 3:38:18 AM
At 7/16/2014 3:33:52 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

I agree that black people have a way higher IQ. I mean the beauty of Jazz music as you pointed out shows that they are superior intellectually.

I will admit that made me laugh.

And to think, I thought this was a troll post by our friend Installgento

It's not a troll post, it's centred around established academic ideas.

What about it makes it a troll post?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 3:40:18 AM
At 7/16/2014 3:34:30 AM, rross wrote:
Gum-chewing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Awesome. The shortest most concise letter ever.

I wonder if the statistical analysis is as short as well. LOL
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 3:42:00 AM
At 7/16/2014 3:38:18 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 7/16/2014 3:33:52 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

I will admit that made me laugh.

And to think, I thought this was a troll post by our friend Installgento

It's not a troll post, it's centred around established academic ideas.

What about it makes it a troll post?

Honestly, your reputation and that its such a highly charged topic.

Personally, I think any reasons behind this are more social than anything biological/genetic.
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 3:44:33 AM
At 7/16/2014 3:40:18 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
Gum-chewing.

What do you mean?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 3:48:22 AM
At 7/16/2014 3:44:33 AM, rross wrote:
At 7/16/2014 3:40:18 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:
Gum-chewing.

What do you mean?

Actually I made an error. Now I see that this journal has all the section titles in the abstract (not that common) so disregard my last comment. I was under the impression this was the whole manuscript.
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 10:01:14 PM

What disparity? As far as I'm aware, the difference isn't statistically significant. A couple people once tried to prove blacks were genetically inferior in terms of intellect (they wrote a whole book on it, called "The Bell Curve"), yet they failed to really address the fact that there were blacks who had higher IQ's than whites and blacks who had the same IQ's as whites.

Any slight difference could be due to a variety of factors. Poverty is a pretty powerful factor when it comes to academic success, so oppression of blacks that has directly/indirectly caused poverty probably contributes to it. There's also something called "stereotype threat" in which individuals may perform worse on tests when they feel threatened by a stereotype. e.g. Simply stating that a test is about analytic skills vs. knowledge of sports, regarding the SAME test, can affect scores because of what scientists attribute to stereotype threat.
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 10:09:51 PM
Addendum: It would also be unlikely for there to be genetic differences in intelligence in terms of race (even while scientists support genetic links to intelligence) because scientists don't believe there is one "intelligence" gene. Any genetic influence is probably more spread throughout the genome.

Oh yeah, funny side note: the guys who wrote "The Bell Curve" also made up fake references to "support" their research.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 10:05:26 AM
At 7/17/2014 7:46:07 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
"Negroid..."

Discussion ended before it started.

What are you talking about?

It's clear that, despite sub-saharan African people being the most diverse genetically, they all still have the Dumb IQ gene- found by a famous person like twenty years ago or something. And Caucasoids clearly have the Good at Tests They Made Up gene or else they wouldn't be so good at tests they made up.

Get your facts together you wack liberal.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 11:25:20 AM
At 7/17/2014 10:05:26 AM, Oryus wrote:
"Negroid..."

It's clear that, despite sub-saharan African people being the most diverse genetically, they all still have the Dumb IQ gene- found by a famous person like twenty years ago or something. And Caucasoids clearly have the Good at Tests They Made Up gene or else they wouldn't be so good at tests they made up.

I'm not even from the Caucasus mountains!
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 12:31:00 PM
"Negroid..."

Why? That's a scientific term for black people, caucasoid is the scientific term for white people. Look it up.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 1:15:43 PM
At 7/17/2014 12:31:00 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
"Negroid..."

Why? That's a scientific term for black people, caucasoid is the scientific term for white people. Look it up.

Ok. Let's.

"The term is commonly associated with notions of racial typology which are disputed by a majority of anthropologists"
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 1:22:25 PM
"Negroid..."

Ummmm, no, it's not. It's a anthropological term for individuals that share morphological and skeletal traits with those that are frequently seen among populations in the sub-saharan Africa. Ask any anthropologist, they will never use it the way you do.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
E_Pluribus_Unum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 7:24:03 PM
Using "black people" and "white people" is socially acceptable. At least there aren't hints of racism in either of the words, and it seems that only the really politically correct people seem to care that one uses the word "white" or "black" to describe skin color.

At 7/16/2014 10:01:14 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:
What disparity? As far as I'm aware, the difference isn't statistically significant. A couple people once tried to prove blacks were genetically inferior in terms of intellect (they wrote a whole book on it, called "The Bell Curve"), yet they failed to really address the fact that there were blacks who had higher IQ's than whites and blacks who had the same IQ's as whites.

Any slight difference could be due to a variety of factors. Poverty is a pretty powerful factor when it comes to academic success, so oppression of blacks that has directly/indirectly caused poverty probably contributes to it. There's also something called "stereotype threat" in which individuals may perform worse on tests when they feel threatened by a stereotype. e.g. Simply stating that a test is about analytic skills vs. knowledge of sports, regarding the SAME test, can affect scores because of what scientists attribute to stereotype threat.

This image, along with most the research regarding any correlations between race and IQ, is mostly drawn from data in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org...

IQ numbers and tests are poor measurements of someone's intelligence. Not only is intelligence an ambiguous term, but IQ tests only address part of the broad spectrum of intelligence. Some IQ tests are very different from others. One can find a test that examines your proficiency in mental math, or deductive reasoning, and so forth that one tests' scores are entirely different from another tests' results. But an IQ is just a number anyway, and people are more than just a number.

There is actually considerable debate on whether school affects a person's IQ (http://link.springer.com...). But I am under the general impression that one's IQ doesn't significantly vary over the course of one's lifetime.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 10:32:52 PM
"Negroid..."

I read this and I just lol'd. Muy hilarious.
Tsar of DDO
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:38:32 AM
At 7/22/2014 10:32:52 PM, YYW wrote:
"Negroid..."

The scientific rigor of race realists is no laughing matter.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:59:12 AM
At 7/23/2014 12:38:32 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 7/22/2014 10:32:52 PM, YYW wrote:
"Negroid..."

The scientific rigor of race realists is no laughing matter.

If race isn't real then explain Usain Bolt.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:39:23 PM
"Negroid..."

Great joke, you sure swayed scientific facts with that wise-crack!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 1:54:18 AM
At 7/23/2014 2:39:23 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
"Negroid..."

Great joke, you sure swayed scientific facts with that wise-crack!

Cool rebuttal, you sure defended no scientific facts whatsoever with anything at all!

Satire: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

In more straightforward terms, as my friend said...

let's:

The words you're using (negroid and caucasoid) are used by a MINORITY of anthropologists in one SECT of a BRANCH of anthropology who study the MORPHOLOGY of BONE STRUCTURE. So first off, they are the incorrect words to use in this context. Secondly, if you're going by scientific consensus: no. If you're going by scientific terminology: no.

The words are, more often than not, considered offensive slurs and, even when used in a scientific context, are NOT used to refer to anything so complex and misunderstood as "intelligence." So if you want to play the "I'm just being scientific" card, you're failing. And, ironically, one of the main reasons it is such a controversial word to use to anthropologists in the first place is because people like you haphazardly throw it around as if it is some concrete all-encompassing word. It's not. It refers to bone structure. Not intelligence. Stop it. You're part of the reason it has no credibility as a scientific term.

And if you want to talk about the correlation between bone measurements and the results people get in a Westernized test based around a multi-faceted concept such as "intelligence" in a complex society such as the United States of America, with a history of racism and classism, I'll go ahead and refer you to this:

http://www.tylervigen.com...

Yes. Nicolas Cage causes people to drown in swimming pools. Because science. There couldn't possibly be any other explanation. It's really that simple. (That was sarcasm, by the way)
:
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 10:49:58 AM
"Negroid..."

It's clear that, despite sub-saharan African people being the most diverse genetically, they all still have the Dumb IQ gene- found by a famous person like twenty years ago or something.

Seems legit. LOL
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:59:17 PM

Maybe the answer lies in Hispanicoids.

Also, would you mind lowering the IQ of that fourth sentence enough for it to make sense to me?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 9:21:23 PM

I think the entire issue is contrived and actually manifests from feelings of inadequacy, it's a form of penis envy.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 10:18:16 PM
At 7/17/2014 1:15:43 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
"Negroid..."

Ok. Let's.

"The term is commonly associated with notions of racial typology which are disputed by a majority of anthropologists"

Not by sociologists, who actually deal in this kind of stuff.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 6:01:28 AM
At 7/27/2014 10:18:16 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 7/17/2014 1:15:43 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
"Negroid..."

Ok. Let's.

Not by sociologists, who actually deal in this kind of stuff.

Citation?
MoorJenni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 1:00:40 AM
In my opinion, the average IQ level determines the amount of intelligence. Any nation or race can train Wednesday level IQ. The Chinese were a backward nation, and now they have the second largest economy in the world.