Possbile Big Bang scenario

FalseReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2010 2:02:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I just wanted to run this by everyone who'll bother to read this:

I had a hypothesis that the Big Bang may be the resultant energy release from the splitting of universes. Perhaps you've heard of the Parallel Universes Theory, if not, start watching Fringe, and then you've also probably heard of the Big Bang Theory, if not start watching The Big Bang Theory. Anyway there is a basic scientific principal that energy can neither be created nor destroyed (1st Law of Thermodynamics, Law of Conservation of Energy), though to my very basic and unstudied view of the Big Bang somehow that first bit of whatever had to be made by something, and unless it was a deity of some kind then a natural process had to create it. If there is such a thing as parallel universes then they probably had to split at some juncture to become separate. During reactions of some kind energy is dispersed, be it heat, light, what have you,all of which fit perfectly with the principals of the Big Bang. During the splitting process, massive amounts of energy were released into this universe as a side effect, thus explaining the genesis event we know as the Big Bang. This energy then also became forms of matter (mass–energy equivalence), giving us the planets, nebula's, etc.

I'm not personally aware this theory already being in existence, and if it is and one of you has heard about it please let me know which scientist brought it up and the work describing it, because I honestly just thought this up today, and I don't want to be a copycat. If not then I call dibs.
Ramen
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2010 3:56:42 AM
If a Universe splits (I'm not going to go into how wrong the whole idea is that the Universe is like cell division) you have a multiple anyway. Makes the whole Big Bang routine pointless.

At any rate Universes 'bumping' is close enough to this and as a hypothesis been around for about a decade or more.
FalseReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2010 11:51:12 AM
At 3/7/2010 3:56:42 AM, Puck wrote:
If a Universe splits (I'm not going to go into how wrong the whole idea is that the Universe is like cell division) you have a multiple anyway. Makes the whole Big Bang routine pointless.

At any rate Universes 'bumping' is close enough to this and as a hypothesis been around for about a decade or more

No please, do tell how the universe could never split. I have heard more insane sounding things in theoretical physics, and from where I stand don't see why it isn't possible that for there to be multiple universes, they couldn't have split from each other. Nuclear fission (splitting nucleus of atom with neutron) produces those massive explosions, I'm not seeing how a universe also splitting into two wouldn't produce a reaction of proportionately equal or greater value.
Ramen
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2010 10:03:12 PM
At 3/7/2010 11:51:12 AM, FalseReality wrote:
At 3/7/2010 3:56:42 AM, Puck wrote:

At any rate Universes 'bumping' is close enough to this and as a hypothesis been around for about a decade or more

No please, do tell how the universe could never split. I have heard more insane sounding things in theoretical physics, and from where I stand don't see why it isn't possible that for there to be multiple universes, they couldn't have split from each other.

Depends how much you equivocate on split. Universe is a descriptive of the entire set of reality - splitting a component of, doesn't give you two sets of 'all' - that's contradictory.

Even within current multi-verse ideas they are rarely coherent - separate sections of something similar to what we experience as observable existing somewhere else. However there is no boundary to what we term the observable universe except limited to by our technology, and there's no reason to think it can exist similarly 'elsewhere' in any meaningful sense. Simply, when people talk about multi-verses, the concept is purposefully kept vague purely because it is fairly nonsensical in terms of existence and what we know of what space is.

Nuclear fission (splitting nucleus of atom with neutron) produces those massive explosions, I'm not seeing how a universe also splitting into two wouldn't produce a reaction of proportionately equal or greater value.

Because it isn't a 'thing' to split. It has no discernible identity or property of itself - it is the entire sum of all properties. Splitting it would by necessity require you to be splitting something else that isn't actually the Universe.
Immortal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 6:05:35 PM
If the universe is everything, splitting it in half would give you two halves. Each halves contain half of everything.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 6:42:27 PM
At 3/19/2010 6:30:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Whatever caused the universe also needs a cause and so-forth. It's a paradox.

Not really.
Immortal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 6:54:28 PM
At 3/19/2010 6:30:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Whatever caused the universe also needs a cause and so-forth. It's a paradox.

You mean infinite regress.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 8:44:12 PM
lol you constructed a theory of the cause of the big bang from watching television? not a good plan...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...