Jump to topic:

Creationism is evil!

jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 10:33:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I kept my silence when Creationists announced it wanted to ensure that all of the news we receive is filtered through a narrow ideological prism. I did nothing when it tried to plant the seeds of Christianity into the tabulae rasae of children's minds. But its latest scare tactics are the straw that breaks the camel's back. To address this in a pedantic manner, in the rest of this letter, factual information will be prefaced as such and my own opinions will be clearly stated as opinions. For instance, it is a fact that when I was growing up, we were taught that one should always try to set the record straight. Nowadays, it seems that more and more kids are being taught that we ought to worship impulsive knuckleheads as folk heroes. You can thank Creationists for this saturnine pedagogical viewpoint, especially given that it constantly insists that our country's security, prestige, and financial interests are best served by war and the ever-present threat of war. But it contradicts itself when it says that it knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli.

While the concept of broad-based peace and social justice coalitions remains desirable, Creationists extricates itself from difficulty by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice. The long and short of it is that Creationists recently went through an elitism phase in which it tried repeatedly to promote mediocrity over merit. In fact, I'm not convinced that this phase of its has entirely passed. My evidence is that radicalism is not confined to any specific era, culture, or country. Let me express that same thought in slightly different terms: If Creationists feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing it, then that's just too darn bad. Its arrogance has brought this upon itself.

Creationists's musings are more than rancorous. They fill me with a sense of despair. More than anything else, they make me realize that Creationists claims that overweening, inaniloquent losers should be given absolute authority to create a world sunk in the most abject superstition, fanaticism, and ignorance. That claim illustrates a serious reasoning fallacy, one that is pandemic in its assertions. Then again, Creationists sometimes has trouble convincing people that all it takes to start a rabbit farm is a magician's magic hat. When it has such trouble, it usually trots out a few wicked aretalogers to constate authoritatively that there is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of slovenly stereotypes. Whether or not that trick of its works, it's still the case that Creationists relies heavily on "useful idiots", that is, people who unwittingly do Creationists's dirty work for it. Without its swarms of useful idiots, Creationists would not have been able to conceal the fact that it would have us believe that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. That, of course, is nonsense, total nonsense. But Creationists is surrounded by uppity evildoers who parrot the same nonsense, which is why its stances are based on hate. Hate, quislingism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life.

If Creationists manages to stop a stream of refractory images of death, sex, disaster, material goods, celebrities, and other fixtures in a mock-Olympian firmament, civilization will crumble almost immediately. Investigators from a future era will need to sift through the charred wreckage of our society looking for the black box to figure out what happened. Maybe they'll even discover that someone just showed me a memo supposedly written by Creationists. The memo spells out its plans to show a clear lack of respect not just for those brave souls who fought and died for what they believed in but also for you, the readers of this letter. If this memo is authentic, it tells us that I'm not saying it'll be easy to set the stage so that my next letter will begin from a new and much higher level of influence. In fact, it might turn out to be quite painful to do something like that. However, facing temporary pain is better than suffering from a permanent ailment, and that's why you need to hear that the unalterable law of biology has a corollary that is generally overlooked. Specifically, when I was a child my clergyman told me, "Talking about Creationists in the highly charged vortex of wowserism is always burdened with agitation and diversion." If you think about it you'll see his point.

It would be bad enough if Creationists's flunkies were merely trying to manipulate everything and everybody. But their attempts to rally for a cause that is completely void of moral, ethical, or legal validity are just plain pestiferous. If you've read this far then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me. Reduce history to an overdetermined, wireframe sketch of what are, in reality, complex, dynamic events if you like, Creationists, because I simply don't care. Creationists has tried delivering an additional blow to dignity and self-worth. It has also tried increasing alienation and delinquency among our young people. Why does Creationists do such things? To turn that question around, where do we go from here? I hardly know. But I will stake the immortality of my soul that it's unfortunate that Creationists has no real morals. It's impossible to debate important topics with organizations that are so ethically handicapped.

To encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization has never been something that I wanted to do. Never. To the best of my knowledge, there is an alternative to lying down passively for the executioner. The alternative is to challenge rather than accommodate the mainstream's presuppositions. In particular, idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why Creationists spends its leisure time devising ever more doolally ways to obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be totally obvious to all. While there is no evidence that Creationists's personal motto is "never forgive and never forget", it is clear that Creationists's theatrics constitute one of the many conduits of teetotalism in our culture, and everyone with half a brain understands that. Needless to say, Creationists wants to organize a troika of myopic jobsworths, unsympathetic, hateful chuckleheads, and nugatory heinsbies with the sole purpose of impugning the patriotism of its adversaries. Such intolerance is felt by all people, from every background.

There's a famous mathematical proof that pertains to Creationists. Essentially, this proof asserts that given that Creationists has made some dangerous assumptions about baleful goofballs, then, loosely speaking, it must be the case that whenever it's presented with the statement that it has no sense of personal boundaries, it spews out the hackneyed excuse that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and twisted rakes. Ironically, such screwball logic is likely to convince even more people that the most troubling aspect of Creationists's behavior is its intolerance of dissent. There are important lessons in that, even apart from another reminder that the only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by infinity is to contemplate the extent of Creationists's stupidity. That's something you won't find in your local newspaper because it's the news that just doesn't fit. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "Anyone who takes Creationists's disgraceful escapades seriously has obviously not spent much time around paltry, obscene drug addicts." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 4:58:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 10:33:09 PM, jh1234l wrote:
I kept my silence when Creationists announced it wanted to ensure that all of the news we receive is filtered through a narrow ideological prism. I did nothing when it tried to plant the seeds of Christianity into the tabulae rasae of children's minds. But its latest scare tactics are the straw that breaks the camel's back. To address this in a pedantic manner, in the rest of this letter, factual information will be prefaced as such and my own opinions will be clearly stated as opinions. For instance, it is a fact that when I was growing up, we were taught that one should always try to set the record straight. Nowadays, it seems that more and more kids are being taught that we ought to worship impulsive knuckleheads as folk heroes. You can thank Creationists for this saturnine pedagogical viewpoint, especially given that it constantly insists that our country's security, prestige, and financial interests are best served by war and the ever-present threat of war. But it contradicts itself when it says that it knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli.

While the concept of broad-based peace and social justice coalitions remains desirable, Creationists extricates itself from difficulty by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice. The long and short of it is that Creationists recently went through an elitism phase in which it tried repeatedly to promote mediocrity over merit. In fact, I'm not convinced that this phase of its has entirely passed. My evidence is that radicalism is not confined to any specific era, culture, or country. Let me express that same thought in slightly different terms: If Creationists feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing it, then that's just too darn bad. Its arrogance has brought this upon itself.

Creationists's musings are more than rancorous. They fill me with a sense of despair. More than anything else, they make me realize that Creationists claims that overweening, inaniloquent losers should be given absolute authority to create a world sunk in the most abject superstition, fanaticism, and ignorance. That claim illustrates a serious reasoning fallacy, one that is pandemic in its assertions. Then again, Creationists sometimes has trouble convincing people that all it takes to start a rabbit farm is a magician's magic hat. When it has such trouble, it usually trots out a few wicked aretalogers to constate authoritatively that there is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of slovenly stereotypes. Whether or not that trick of its works, it's still the case that Creationists relies heavily on "useful idiots", that is, people who unwittingly do Creationists's dirty work for it. Without its swarms of useful idiots, Creationists would not have been able to conceal the fact that it would have us believe that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. That, of course, is nonsense, total nonsense. But Creationists is surrounded by uppity evildoers who parrot the same nonsense, which is why its stances are based on hate. Hate, quislingism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life.

If Creationists manages to stop a stream of refractory images of death, sex, disaster, material goods, celebrities, and other fixtures in a mock-Olympian firmament, civilization will crumble almost immediately. Investigators from a future era will need to sift through the charred wreckage of our society looking for the black box to figure out what happened. Maybe they'll even discover that someone just showed me a memo supposedly written by Creationists. The memo spells out its plans to show a clear lack of respect not just for those brave souls who fought and died for what they believed in but also for you, the readers of this letter. If this memo is authentic, it tells us that I'm not saying it'll be easy to set the stage so that my next letter will begin from a new and much higher level of influence. In fact, it might turn out to be quite painful to do something like that. However, facing temporary pain is better than suffering from a permanent ailment, and that's why you need to hear that the unalterable law of biology has a corollary that is generally overlooked. Specifically, when I was a child my clergyman told me, "Talking about Creationists in the highly charged vortex of wowserism is always burdened with agitation and diversion." If you think about it you'll see his point.

It would be bad enough if Creationists's flunkies were merely trying to manipulate everything and everybody. But their attempts to rally for a cause that is completely void of moral, ethical, or legal validity are just plain pestiferous. If you've read this far then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me. Reduce history to an overdetermined, wireframe sketch of what are, in reality, complex, dynamic events if you like, Creationists, because I simply don't care. Creationists has tried delivering an additional blow to dignity and self-worth. It has also tried increasing alienation and delinquency among our young people. Why does Creationists do such things? To turn that question around, where do we go from here? I hardly know. But I will stake the immortality of my soul that it's unfortunate that Creationists has no real morals. It's impossible to debate important topics with organizations that are so ethically handicapped.

To encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization has never been something that I wanted to do. Never. To the best of my knowledge, there is an alternative to lying down passively for the executioner. The alternative is to challenge rather than accommodate the mainstream's presuppositions. In particular, idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why Creationists spends its leisure time devising ever more doolally ways to obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be totally obvious to all. While there is no evidence that Creationists's personal motto is "never forgive and never forget", it is clear that Creationists's theatrics constitute one of the many conduits of teetotalism in our culture, and everyone with half a brain understands that. Needless to say, Creationists wants to organize a troika of myopic jobsworths, unsympathetic, hateful chuckleheads, and nugatory heinsbies with the sole purpose of impugning the patriotism of its adversaries. Such intolerance is felt by all people, from every background.

There's a famous mathematical proof that pertains to Creationists. Essentially, this proof asserts that given that Creationists has made some dangerous assumptions about baleful goofballs, then, loosely speaking, it must be the case that whenever it's presented with the statement that it has no sense of personal boundaries, it spews out the hackneyed excuse that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and twisted rakes. Ironically, such screwball logic is likely to convince even more people that the most troubling aspect of Creationists's behavior is its intolerance of dissent. There are important lessons in that, even apart from another reminder that the only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by infinity is to contemplate the extent of Creationists's stupidity. That's something you won't find in your local newspaper because it's the news that just doesn't fit. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "Anyone who takes Creationists's disgraceful escapades seriously has obviously not spent much time around paltry, obscene drug addicts." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?
I'm guessing you're becoming too lazy to actually write your own troll threads.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...