Jump to topic:

Who here is actually a scientist?

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 10:25:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am just curious who here actually works in a field of science. Envisage's profile says he is a chemist, but what about others?

I simply would like to learn who here I could talk to about certain topics (if I ever feel the need to do so), when I would like to learn about the topic.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:43:01 AM
There are some. The ones I know are inactive though :/
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Brad_Watson.Miami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 5:11:21 PM
I AM an interdisciplinary scientist with an emphasis on chaos theory, string theory and code-breaking. I've made some theoretical discoveries and have presented them at a major NASA conference and on the website of the Planetary & Lunar Sciences Institute. See the tweaked presentation at http://PlanetNestor.blogspot.com... .
GOD=7_4, 7/4=July 4th or 7 April 30 AD: Good(7__4) Friday(74) when Jesus(74=J10+E5+S19+U21+S19) was nailed on(74) the Cross(74=C3+R18+O15+S19+S19).

GOD=7_4 algorithm/code produces Earth's 7 continents & 4 seasons, 4 lunar phases of 7 days (~7.4 days) each, Venus .7 AU & Mercury .4 AU, etc.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 7:48:22 PM
At 8/30/2014 5:11:21 PM, Brad_Watson.Miami wrote:
I AM an interdisciplinary scientist with an emphasis on chaos theory, string theory and code-breaking. I've made some theoretical discoveries and have presented them at a major NASA conference and on the website of the Planetary & Lunar Sciences Institute. See the tweaked presentation at http://PlanetNestor.blogspot.com... .

No you aren't, and no you didn't.

This is just pseudoscientific woo. I can find no reference to you presentation on NASA, or the internet at all, the only thing I can find is you posting the same spam around every forum on the internet (oh and Wikipedia string theory discussion).

And I searched hard...

If you can provide a hosted link by NASA, that shows your presentation, I will believe you. Until then, I will treat this as simply someone trying to appear as if they have credentials. If you do, I will apologise for this post.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:18:36 PM
I'm not working yet, but I'm a student of physics. I've read a large amount on cosmology, and I'm always open to a good discussion on it. The best I ever get is debates with creationists who have no idea what they're talking about, so it'd be nice to have an intelligent discussion.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
I_Disagree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 12:01:36 AM
I currently have an honors in environmental biology and am working on a masters, but while doing so I work for my university as a student assistant on projects involving animal rights and climate change.

I wouldn't say I focus heavily on the mathematics of the area (creating chemicals for pollution destruction, monitoring animal diversity and seismic monitoring for example,) but mostly focus on the ethical background. Topics involving animal rights, deforestation and other man-made ecosystem hazards (pollution and climate change as well as trawling, dragging and overfishing for some examples), economic involvement with the environment, resource management, overpopulation, and hunting are the kind of areas I work around. I try to use philosophy to defend and refute human actions for and against nature and animals.