Jump to topic:

Asronaut Confirms Alien Life/Craft

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 7:39:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Intelligent beings from other planets regularly visit our world in an effort to enter into contact with us. I have encountered various ships during my space voyages. NASA and the American government know this and posses a great deal of evidence. Nevertheless, they remain silent in order to not alarm the people."
Astronaut Gordon Cooper - Los Angeles Herald Examiner - Aug 15, 1976

And some more quotes as well:

"Its seems that all the Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin - flying saucers or UFOs (Unidentified flying objects) if you want to call them by that name. Every time it occurred, the astronauts informed Mission Control, who then ordered absolute silence." Maurice Chatlein - NASA scientist, inventor and designer of the Apollo communications and data processing systems - from his book, Our Ancestors came from Outer Space. Dell 1975, pp. 27

"Space Beings Have Visited Earth, USA Astronomer's Belief - Dr. Carl Sagan Astronomer at the University California recently told the American Rocket Society the earth may have been visited many times by various galactic civilizations and a base may be maintained for such visits. The hidden side of the moon, he said, would be a reasonable location. He also stated organic life may exist beneath the moons surface and previously he said life may exist on the giant Planet Jupiter." 1962

Proof of coverups:

"We've been ordered to work up a national debunking campaign, planting articles in magazines and arranging broadcasts to make UFO reports sound like Poppycock." CIA report January 1953.

"Our study would be conducted exclusively by "NON Believer's." The trick would be, I think, to describe the project so that to the public it would appear totally objective study. Conclusion…. There is no secrecy and no evidence that such objects even exist." Memorandum from Robert Low (Project Administrator CONDON report Oct 1966-Jan 1969) to Colorado University V.P. Thurston Marshall.

Source:

http://www.adamskifoundation.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 7:51:44 PM
At 3/18/2010 7:39:11 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Source:

Your "source" is no better than what you've provided here, at least not for my purposes; it has no links.

Saying "CIA Report January 1953" doesn't really mean much, giving a reference number of some kind, a link or something might give some validity to the quotes.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 8:13:38 PM
what a surprise, a conspiracy website spouting unsubstantiated conspiracies.

perhaps random, but do you also believe in planet x?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 8:19:17 PM
At 3/18/2010 8:13:38 PM, belle wrote:
what a surprise, a conspiracy website spouting unsubstantiated conspiracies.

The existence of alien life is not a conspiracy. Their coverup however, is.

perhaps random, but do you also believe in planet x?

No. That is deliberate disinformation put out to discredit real research.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 8:57:14 PM
At 3/18/2010 7:51:44 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Source:

Your "source" is no better than what you've provided here, at least not for my purposes; it has no links.

Saying "CIA Report January 1953" doesn't really mean much, giving a reference number of some kind, a link or something might give some validity to the quotes.

Yeah, because it's so easy to obtain a scanned photocopy of secret CIA documents.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:00:55 PM
At 3/18/2010 8:57:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/18/2010 7:51:44 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Source:

Yeah, because it's so easy to obtain a scanned photocopy of secret CIA documents.

obviously someone got ahold of it if they are making assertions about its contents :P
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:13:57 PM
At 3/18/2010 9:00:55 PM, belle wrote:

obviously someone got ahold of it if they are making assertions about its contents :P

There is the occasional whistleblower. However, just because someone does get ahold of some documents (like Bin Laden's documents revealing his identity as a CIA agent), doesn't mean they're easy to get.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:20:12 PM
At 3/18/2010 9:13:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/18/2010 9:00:55 PM, belle wrote:

There is the occasional whistleblower. However, just because someone does get ahold of some documents (like Bin Laden's documents revealing his identity as a CIA agent), doesn't mean they're easy to get.

please listen to yourself.

just because someone had access to the documents and was able to read them, it doesn't follow that they can get access to the documents....

if you've ever made fun of mormons, you reeeeeeeeally need to take a hard look in the mirror. lol
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:23:12 PM
At 3/18/2010 9:20:12 PM, belle wrote:
just because someone had access to the documents and was able to read them, it doesn't follow that they can get access to the documents....

if you've ever made fun of mormons, you reeeeeeeeally need to take a hard look in the mirror. lol

8 )

Double swipe!
pow! pow!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:26:08 PM
At 3/18/2010 9:20:12 PM, belle wrote:
please listen to yourself.

Not sure what you mean by that, but my point is that these documents are not easy to obtain. Whoever got word of the CIA report containing the quote, may not have actually been given the report, but was told about it by someone who did have the report.

Some people might have access to documents, but don't want to reveal them for the sake of their job or their life.

I know from experience, because I have access to confidential Department of Homeland Security / FEMA documents, but I can't show them to you guys because it could cost me my job.

I don't get the connection.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:32:03 PM
At 3/18/2010 9:26:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Mormons have magic secret documents that are talked about and the information of which was "transcribed" too.

But there's no good reason to believe those documents actually existed. In fact it would seem that Mr. Smith, rather, told a rather tall tale.

Metaphysics:
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:42:42 PM
Not sure what you mean by that, but my point is that these documents are not easy to obtain. Whoever got word of the CIA report containing the quote, may not have actually been given the report, but was told about it by someone who did have the report.

Some people might have access to documents, but don't want to reveal them for the sake of their job or their life.

I know from experience, because I have access to confidential Department of Homeland Security / FEMA documents, but I can't show them to you guys because it could cost me my job.

releasing the information without the documents is no less dangerous, and no less traceable. and it makes it a lot less likely that anyone will believe you.

Joseph Smith found the gold plates that only he could translate and yet when others asked to see them they were destroyed/disappeared/omg made up!? never!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 9:53:53 PM
At 3/18/2010 9:42:42 PM, belle wrote:

releasing the information without the documents is no less dangerous, and no less traceable.

It is less traceable, but still possible to trace. Also, there is no consequence for speaking about information as opposed to actually distributing confidential documents.

and it makes it a lot less likely that anyone will believe you.

My job is more important than what other people believe.

Joseph Smith found the gold plates that only he could translate and yet when others asked to see them they were destroyed/disappeared/omg made up!? never!

Uh, yeah but the CIA exists, their secret documents exist, and whistleblowers exist. Not the same circumstance. Divinely inspired golden plates written in jibberish aren't comparable.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 10:01:36 PM
At 3/18/2010 9:53:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

It is less traceable, but still possible to trace. Also, there is no consequence for speaking about information as opposed to actually distributing confidential documents.

depends how you do it don't you think? give the documents to someone and let them deal with releasing them- its the *exact* same thing as telling someone the info and letting them deal with getting it out there.

additionally its not as though the document itself is sacred, the issue is that the *information* is meant to be confidential. either way having it released will get you into trouble.

Uh, yeah but the CIA exists, their secret documents exist, and whistleblowers exist. Not the same circumstance. Divinely inspired golden plates written in jibberish aren't comparable.

the CIA exists and they have documents. says nothing about the status of the specific documents in question.

in both cases, unverifiable documents make unverifiable claims. thats the comparison i was drawing. perhaps the CIA documents have a hint of an edge over Joseph Smith's but that still doesn't get you anywhere near credible.
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 3:00:39 PM
"Intelligent beings from other planets
regularly visit our world in an effort to enter into contact with us.
NASA and the American government know this and possess a great deal
of evidence. Nevertheless, they remain silent in order not to alarm
people. I am dedicated to forcing the authorities to end their
silence."

Geo, this quote is famous. Do you know why? These words appeared on the box for an "authentic" replica of an alien for the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".
http://cgi.ebay.ca...

Cooper sued Colombia pictures because, well, HE NEVER SAID IT. http://www.ufoevidence.org... The quote has been circulating for some time, but the original is, like most evidence concerning alien encounters, absent. The earliest instance given for this quote is from the site Geo linked, but I cannot find the paper in the google archives. A New York newspaper (1977) attributed this quote to Cooper but from a UFO conference, not the LA paper mentioned. http://news.google.com...
I can only find Pro Alien sites quoting each other, but no one has linked the original quote or the article. Interesting, or simply poor research?
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 4:02:46 PM
"Its seems that all the Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin..."

Maurice Chatelain, really Geo? Dr. Chatelain has not even been able to establish he did anything other than low level engineer work for a NASA sub contractor, much less being privy to the Apollo 11 "secrets". This guy is a quack. He took part in the movie, the Jupiter Menace (1982) which claimed the world would be in the throes of decline leading up to the end in ... 2000. Oops. I have a debate topic for DDO; Resolved: The planet earth ceased to exist in the year 2000. I want to be Con.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 4:14:54 PM
At 4/1/2010 4:02:46 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
Resolved: The planet earth ceased to exist in the year 2000. I want to be Con.

LOL

everyone knows that when we flipped over to the new millennium the planet morphed into EARTHv2.0. gosh...