Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Challenge for Creationists!

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:08:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
After seeing it all, I'm done. I can no longer stand and not offer a voice or whisper on the intelligent design (creationism) vs evolution debate. If anybody here is or knows a creationist on here. Tell him or her to reply on here so I can see whose interested. I'm only going to debate with people who can take it seriously and is at least knowledgable in some aspects of science. The debate will hold 5 rounds and I'm still debating rather to put it in the science or religion debate subject. If anybody can tell me which one sounds fair, that'd be great.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 3:17:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:08:25 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
After seeing it all, I'm done. I can no longer stand and not offer a voice or whisper on the intelligent design (creationism) vs evolution debate. If anybody here is or knows a creationist on here. Tell him or her to reply on here so I can see whose interested. I'm only going to debate with people who can take it seriously and is at least knowledgable in some aspects of science. The debate will hold 5 rounds and I'm still debating rather to put it in the science or religion debate subject. If anybody can tell me which one sounds fair, that'd be great.

I'd be willing to debate you on whether Creationism or Evolution is more in line with the teachings of the Bible.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 3:21:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
By the way, I apologize in advance for what the outcome of this debate will be.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Skynet
Posts: 674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:54:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You have not yet been involved in one of these debates, that is true.
I might do it. People tell me I'm too serious, so being serious shouldn't be a problem.

I have not yet studied your debate style, as I do many of my other opponents, so please do not be offended by some ground rules, as they are not directed at you personally. If you can accept them, I will accept debating with you.

Stipulations:
Time limits should be generous if you debate me. I am a new dad, so my family comes first, though I will not FF lightly.

You will not define "not taking it seriously" as:
-Using arguments you disagree with.
-Using arguments you claim have been debunked. Even, like, a million times already. Simply attempt to debunk them again.
-Using arguments you have heard before.
-Your opponent believing things you do not, even if they seem strange to you.

Do not use "why do X always X?" arguments.

Do not post long videos (15+ min) and say or imply your argument is in there somewhere. Be specific and and don't present other large bodies of outside evidence you can't succinctly put in your own words. The voters didn't come here to see us just compare Wikipedia links.

Wait for my arguments to find out what positions I hold, do not assume I hold the same position as every other Christian, Creationist, or IDer.

Don't blame me for actions of the Pope or Catholic Church at any point in history. Understand Church history if you want to go there. We might both call ourselves followers of Christ, but we cannot both be. Remember, the Catholic Church has attempted to stamp out churches outside their authority for centuries, sometimes violently. Me and them: We aren't the same.

These stipulations are meant to keep the debate on track and cut down on useless rabbit trails.

Other than normal rules, that's about it.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 11:34:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 10:54:45 PM, Skynet wrote:
You have not yet been involved in one of these debates, that is true.
I might do it. People tell me I'm too serious, so being serious shouldn't be a problem.

I have not yet studied your debate style, as I do many of my other opponents, so please do not be offended by some ground rules, as they are not directed at you personally. If you can accept them, I will accept debating with you.

Stipulations:
Time limits should be generous if you debate me. I am a new dad, so my family comes first, though I will not FF lightly.

You will not define "not taking it seriously" as:
-Using arguments you disagree with.
-Using arguments you claim have been debunked. Even, like, a million times already. Simply attempt to debunk them again.
-Using arguments you have heard before.
-Your opponent believing things you do not, even if they seem strange to you.

Do not use "why do X always X?" arguments.

Do not post long videos (15+ min) and say or imply your argument is in there somewhere. Be specific and and don't present other large bodies of outside evidence you can't succinctly put in your own words. The voters didn't come here to see us just compare Wikipedia links.

Wait for my arguments to find out what positions I hold, do not assume I hold the same position as every other Christian, Creationist, or IDer.

Don't blame me for actions of the Pope or Catholic Church at any point in history. Understand Church history if you want to go there. We might both call ourselves followers of Christ, but we cannot both be. Remember, the Catholic Church has attempted to stamp out churches outside their authority for centuries, sometimes violently. Me and them: We aren't the same.

These stipulations are meant to keep the debate on track and cut down on useless rabbit trails.

Other than normal rules, that's about it.

Sounds reasonable. I'll let you do the first round, so you can make the debate, rules and have the first word. I'll rebuttal. Plus, I respect family men. So take your time. Congrats btw.
Skynet
Posts: 674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 9:06:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm glad you are so amicable. I've seen some non-ID folks recently start to question how we can know something is intelligently designed, even apart from the evolution/ID debate. I think it's a good place to start, and a question that needs to be answered. Something light like "It is not unreasonable to consider ID as an origin possibility of life on Earth"?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Skynet
Posts: 674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 9:07:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Or maybe even "It is possible/not possible to tell if something is intelligently designed"
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Skynet
Posts: 674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 8:54:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 2:10:15 AM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
Sorry, but there is no point. Creationists don't care about evidence.

What is your evidence for that?
-A creationist.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 5:53:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 8:54:15 PM, Skynet wrote:


What is your evidence for that?
-A creationist.

Countless of hours done debating creationists and listening to and reading the most influential creationist lecturers etc.
Otokage
Posts: 2,351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 6:24:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/20/2014 9:06:23 PM, Skynet wrote:
I'm glad you are so amicable. I've seen some non-ID folks recently start to question how we can know something is intelligently designed, even apart from the evolution/ID debate. I think it's a good place to start, and a question that needs to be answered. Something light like "It is not unreasonable to consider ID as an origin possibility of life on Earth"?

I would like to see the debate, although you guys should probably agree first wether you are going to debate ID vs abiogenesis, or ID vs evolution.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:17:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 6:24:10 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 9/20/2014 9:06:23 PM, Skynet wrote:
I'm glad you are so amicable. I've seen some non-ID folks recently start to question how we can know something is intelligently designed, even apart from the evolution/ID debate. I think it's a good place to start, and a question that needs to be answered. Something light like "It is not unreasonable to consider ID as an origin possibility of life on Earth"?

I would like to see the debate, although you guys should probably agree first wether you are going to debate ID vs abiogenesis, or ID vs evolution.

How in the world do you get evolution without abiogenesis? Have evilutionist abandoned their belief in abiogenisis and now hold to the theories of seeding from aliens or meteors which dropped living cells off their comet tails, but no longer attempt to explain how living cells came into existence?

Have evolutionists finally recognized that they cannot explain life without God, and not willing to acknowledge God they now pretend there is no need to prove abiogenisis? There cannot be evolution without abiogenisis......life comes from life God created all life, and He did not need evolution to form a frog any more than to form the universe and the earth or you who He made in His image but have fallen into the likeness of devils who are turned againt Him in sin. There is no counsel or knowledge or understanding against the LORD.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:31:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 5:53:08 AM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
At 9/26/2014 8:54:15 PM, Skynet wrote:


What is your evidence for that?
-A creationist.

Countless of hours done debating creationists and listening to and reading the most influential creationist lecturers etc.

Believing in the obvious, that God created all things, does not ingore observations of science or the stufy of nature. True science is observation of God's creation. False science claims hypothesis as facts and then claims observations support the hypothesis with no testable proof. It is evilutionists who will not listen to evidence. The reason for that is they love their pride agasint God and whatever indulgences of sin they use to comfort themselves in their slow dying deaths (I know there are few christians who are truly saved but deluded into buying into a mixture of evolution theory and the Genisis account of God's cretaion......sad that some of my brothers and sisters let themselves be bullied by the world into compromising their faith in heresy.
The Genisis account of history is the true hisotry of the universe and the tribes of mankind. It's a shame when a born again believer cowers to give credence to false science. The deeper science looks into creation, the more they prove it is impossible for it to exist apart from God's persoinal desire for it to exist. The very "evidence" evolutionists use to support their hypothesis testifies to the hand of God who holds all creaton together and loses none of what He made. The laws of Thermodynamics are the laws of God, and nothing can violate His law other than you and me, and the angels who have turned against him to become devils. God will separate sin in Hell forever soon. It's good to know God punishes evil.
Otokage
Posts: 2,351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 11:03:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 9:17:12 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/27/2014 6:24:10 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 9/20/2014 9:06:23 PM, Skynet wrote:
I'm glad you are so amicable. I've seen some non-ID folks recently start to question how we can know something is intelligently designed, even apart from the evolution/ID debate. I think it's a good place to start, and a question that needs to be answered. Something light like "It is not unreasonable to consider ID as an origin possibility of life on Earth"?

I would like to see the debate, although you guys should probably agree first wether you are going to debate ID vs abiogenesis, or ID vs evolution.

How in the world do you get evolution without abiogenesis?

Evolution states all life shares a common ancestor, it never states how this common ancestor was created. So Evolution and abiogenesis are not only different theories, but they also aim to explain different phenomena.

Have evilutionist abandoned their belief in abiogenisis and now hold to the theories of seeding from aliens or meteors which dropped living cells off their comet tails, but no longer attempt to explain how living cells came into existence?

Have evolutionists finally recognized that they cannot explain life without God, and not willing to acknowledge God they now pretend there is no need to prove abiogenisis? There cannot be evolution without abiogenisis......life comes from life God created all life, and He did not need evolution to form a frog any more than to form the universe and the earth or you who He made in His image but have fallen into the likeness of devils who are turned againt Him in sin. There is no counsel or knowledge or understanding against the LORD.

What a funny rant. But anyway, I said it because you can not use the arguments of evolution to support abiogenesis, and you can not use the arguments of abiogenesis to support evolution. So I feel the debate will be caothic if the ID pro starts attacking both evolution and abiogenesis, because suddenly the con will have tons of different things to argue about, which is pedantic. When I see a debate, I want the point to be crystal clear. To simplify, I wouldn't like to debate you about both quantum mechanics and gravity, I would rather focuts on just one topic. Can you understand this?
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 7:07:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 9:31:32 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Believing in the obvious, that God created all things, does not ingore observations of science or the stufy of nature. True science is observation of God's creation. False science claims hypothesis as facts and then claims observations support the hypothesis with no testable proof. It is evilutionists who will not listen to evidence.

Nonsense, all religions make statement about the origins of this earth that are completely incompatible with the actual origin of our universe, world and species. The world wasn't made in 6 days, water didn't exist before light, women weren't made from ribs. We have evidence for the forming of our planet and litterally none of them imply any divine, guiding hand.

The reason for that is they love their pride agasint God and whatever indulgences of sin they use to comfort themselves in their slow dying deaths (I know there are few christians who are truly saved but deluded into buying into a mixture of evolution theory and the Genisis account of God's cretaion......

There is no possible way to mix the genesis account of god's creation with evolution. It is litterally so impossible you might as well talk about a mix of fire and water.

sad that some of my brothers and sisters let themselves be bullied by the world into compromising their faith in heresy.

Thank the world for that. If we didn't bully you, you would burn us on stakes as you've done for over a thousand years.

The Genisis account of history is the true hisotry of the universe and the tribes of mankind.

There is litterally not one single correct fact in genesis.

The very "evidence" evolutionists use to support their hypothesis testifies to the hand of God who holds all creaton together and loses none of what He made.

Yeah that was alot of fun.

The laws of Thermodynamics are the laws of God, and nothing can violate His law other than you and me, and the angels who have turned against him to become devils. God will separate sin in Hell forever soon. It's good to know God punishes evil.

Laws in science is not juridical laws. We describe something as a scientific law when we can have a matemathical equation describing something.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 12:51:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 7:07:04 AM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
At 9/27/2014 9:31:32 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Believing in the obvious, that God created all things, does not ingore observations of science or the stufy of nature. True science is observation of God's creation. False science claims hypothesis as facts and then claims observations support the hypothesis with no testable proof. It is evilutionists who will not listen to evidence.


Nonsense, all religions make statement about the origins of this earth that are completely incompatible with the actual origin of our universe, world and species. The world wasn't made in 6 days, water didn't exist before light, women weren't made from ribs. We have evidence for the forming of our planet and litterally none of them imply any divine, guiding hand.


The reason for that is they love their pride agasint God and whatever indulgences of sin they use to comfort themselves in their slow dying deaths (I know there are few christians who are truly saved but deluded into buying into a mixture of evolution theory and the Genisis account of God's cretaion......

There is no possible way to mix the genesis account of god's creation with evolution. It is litterally so impossible you might as well talk about a mix of fire and water.


sad that some of my brothers and sisters let themselves be bullied by the world into compromising their faith in heresy.

Thank the world for that. If we didn't bully you, you would burn us on stakes as you've done for over a thousand years.


The Genisis account of history is the true hisotry of the universe and the tribes of mankind.

There is litterally not one single correct fact in genesis.

The very "evidence" evolutionists use to support their hypothesis testifies to the hand of God who holds all creaton together and loses none of what He made.

Yeah that was alot of fun.


The laws of Thermodynamics are the laws of God, and nothing can violate His law other than you and me, and the angels who have turned against him to become devils. God will separate sin in Hell forever soon. It's good to know God punishes evil.

Laws in science is not juridical laws. We describe something as a scientific law when we can have a matemathical equation describing something.

As if you speak for all scientist....are you the god of science? or are you only god to yourself? You sure seem to think you are smarter than God.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 3:50:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 12:51:43 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
As if you speak for all scientist....are you the god of science? or are you only god to yourself? You sure seem to think you are smarter than God.

A bit of non-sequteir I see. Brilliant.