Jump to topic:

Pole Shift (Are We in Danger?)

Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 8:26:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Polar shift, no. Magnetic poles, quite reasonably, as it has a history of occurring and by past records we are overdue. It's not going to happen in a OMG 2012 DOOMSDAY time frame though.
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 9:25:31 PM
At 3/25/2010 8:26:16 PM, Puck wrote:
Polar shift, no. Magnetic poles, quite reasonably, as it has a history of occurring and by past records we are overdue. It's not going to happen in a OMG 2012 DOOMSDAY time frame though.

Ah, so we are doomed, just not in 2012?
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 9:45:14 PM
meh... i would say we're only really "doomed" if we loose the magnetic field altogether since we would also then begin to lose our atmosphere. even then though, we could build giant self contained bubbles or something. sure there would be a dramatic population reduction but.. *shrugs*

only some are doomed in that scenario :-D
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 10:08:54 PM
At 3/25/2010 9:25:31 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
At 3/25/2010 8:26:16 PM, Puck wrote:

Ah, so we are doomed, just not in 2012?

Naw. It will screw with animals that use it for guidance such as some migratory birds, things like that.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 10:41:44 PM
No Pole Shift or Doomsday 2012, just an advanced rate of hyper-evolution.

"A growing number of researchers such as Sergey Smelyakov, author of a fascinating paper entitled "The Auric Time Scale and the Mayan Factor," in addition to many indigenous peoples worldwide, theorize that as Galactic Center becomes more energized, it catalyzes human evolution through frequency emissions in the form of higher-dimensional "torsion" waves transmitted to Earth via the sun." - http://www.december212012.net...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 10:43:46 PM
At 3/25/2010 10:41:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"A growing number of researchers such as Sergey Smelyakov, author of a fascinating paper entitled "The Auric Time Scale and the Mayan Factor," in addition to many indigenous peoples worldwide, theorize that as Galactic Center becomes more energized, it catalyzes human evolution through frequency emissions in the form of higher-dimensional "torsion" waves transmitted to Earth via the sun." - http://www.december212012.net...

lol

So what extremely frequent mutations???

That would prolly just mean people get wiped off the face of the earth.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 10:54:16 PM
At 3/25/2010 10:43:46 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

lol

So what extremely frequent mutations???

That would prolly just mean people get wiped off the face of the earth.

meh. at the rate we're breeding it coooooooould lead to super-humans
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 4:58:05 AM

So massive amounts of cancer then?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 8:31:22 AM
Pole shift is bull. Magnetic reversal takes place over a couple hundred years i believe, so that is also bull if you believe it will affect the earth. 2012 doomsday predictions are made of fail and absurdities. I believe i heard the same regarding the year 2000.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 10:41:21 AM
It can't be too severe. They said in the video that it happens every 25,800 years or so. To insist on even the possibility of mass extinction is unrealistic.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 10:42:40 AM
At 3/25/2010 9:45:14 PM, belle wrote:
meh... i would say we're only really "doomed" if we loose the magnetic field altogether since we would also then begin to lose our atmosphere.

Last I checked, the magnetic fields weren't what keep our atmosphere down.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 10:59:03 AM
At 3/26/2010 10:42:40 AM, wjmelements wrote:
At 3/25/2010 9:45:14 PM, belle wrote:
meh... i would say we're only really "doomed" if we loose the magnetic field altogether since we would also then begin to lose our atmosphere.

Last I checked, the magnetic fields weren't what keep our atmosphere down.

without a magnetic field the solar wind would erode our atmosphere over time and we would end up with a much diminished one like mars- not enough to support life as we know it.
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 11:06:38 PM

without a magnetic field the solar wind would erode our atmosphere over time and we would end up with a much diminished one like mars- not enough to support life as we know it.

Could a pole shift effect earth's magnetic field?

And for the negative scientific people on here, I have some advise for you, just live with the mindset that every day is one day closer to the end of the world! Huzzah!
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 11:22:04 PM
At 3/26/2010 11:06:38 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:

Could a pole shift effect earth's magnetic field?

it would reverse the direction of the field lines lol... bout it. would still serve the same function.