Jump to topic:

Rocks Are Smarter Than People

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:09:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I thought I'd continue this discussion in a separate thread rather than going off topic in another.

Volkov: You were indeed born without believing in a god or gods.

popculurepooka: So rocks are atheists?

GeoLaureate8: Yes, rocks are atheist and more intelligent than a lot of people. They have no prejudices, no bigoted ideas, and they are not arrogant.

Ragnar Rahl: Rocks are agnostic, or I suppose soft atheist, but just calling them "atheist" gives off the wrong impression.

And they have zero intelligence. Acquiring prejudices requires an above-zero intelligence, although granted not necessarily far.

GeoLaureate8: A rock does not say, "I do not know if a God exists or not." A rock doesn't have any beliefs and disbelieves God like an Atheist. In order to be agnostic, the rock would have to acknowledge God in the first place.

So a rock is Atheist.

...Depends on your definition of intelligence.

...I would say that prejudice is below the level of having zero intelligence.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:13:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Uh, this was supposed to go under "Society"

Ignore this...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat