Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If the fetus is not human, what is it?

PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
apb4y
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:22:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

Oh my fvcking God. This question has been asked and answered so many times. Please stop posting it.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:28:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 10:22:27 PM, apb4y wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

Oh my fvcking God. This question has been asked and answered so many times. Please stop posting it.

So you are unable to answer the question? If the fetus is not human, what species is it?
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
apb4y
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:52:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

That won't stop him from re-posting it next week.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:53:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:52:57 PM, apb4y wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

That won't stop him from re-posting it next week.

Doesnt matter. I say what is on my mind.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.

Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:48:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.

That's fvking funny.

Zygotes are CREATED at and by conception. They do not exist prior to conception as you claim. Even Planned Parenthood (no friend to pro-lifers) realizes that as scientific fact.

zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm.
- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org...
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:52:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:48:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.

That's fvking funny.

Zygotes are CREATED at and by conception. They do not exist prior to conception as you claim. Even Planned Parenthood (no friend to pro-lifers) realizes that as scientific fact.

zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm.
- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org...

that is the diploid cell. It is a zygote. It is formed by the joining of Haploid cells. Which are also zygotes. A zygote is a reproductive cell.

Those haploid cells are also alive. Again, science does not define when a life begins. Philosophy does.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:55:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:52:08 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:48:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.

That's fvking funny.

Zygotes are CREATED at and by conception. They do not exist prior to conception as you claim. Even Planned Parenthood (no friend to pro-lifers) realizes that as scientific fact.

zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm.
- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org...

that is the diploid cell. It is a zygote. It is formed by the joining of Haploid cells. Which are also zygotes. A zygote is a reproductive cell.

Those haploid cells are also alive. Again, science does not define when a life begins. Philosophy does.

Bwahahahaha!

Show me any credible scientific reference that says that haploid gametes are "zygotes."
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:01:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:55:12 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:52:08 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:48:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.

That's fvking funny.

Zygotes are CREATED at and by conception. They do not exist prior to conception as you claim. Even Planned Parenthood (no friend to pro-lifers) realizes that as scientific fact.

zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm.
- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org...

that is the diploid cell. It is a zygote. It is formed by the joining of Haploid cells. Which are also zygotes. A zygote is a reproductive cell.

Those haploid cells are also alive. Again, science does not define when a life begins. Philosophy does.

Bwahahahaha!

Show me any credible scientific reference that says that haploid gametes are "zygotes."

Just double checked my vocab. I was mistaken, I confused zygote and gamete. Regardless my point stands. Science does not define when a life begins. Those gametes are alive when they join to form a zygote. Does that make masturbation Murder? Does that make menstruation murder? No. This is a philosophical discussion, not a scientific one.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:05:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:01:56 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:55:12 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:52:08 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:48:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.

That's fvking funny.

Zygotes are CREATED at and by conception. They do not exist prior to conception as you claim. Even Planned Parenthood (no friend to pro-lifers) realizes that as scientific fact.

zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm.
- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org...

that is the diploid cell. It is a zygote. It is formed by the joining of Haploid cells. Which are also zygotes. A zygote is a reproductive cell.

Those haploid cells are also alive. Again, science does not define when a life begins. Philosophy does.

Bwahahahaha!

Show me any credible scientific reference that says that haploid gametes are "zygotes."

Just double checked my vocab. I was mistaken, I confused zygote and gamete. Regardless my point stands. Science does not define when a life begins. Those gametes are alive when they join to form a zygote. Does that make masturbation Murder? Does that make menstruation murder? No. This is a philosophical discussion, not a scientific one.

Do you have a life, PBG?

Does your life belong to you?

Biologically speaking , when did your life start belonging to you?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:08:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:05:44 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:01:56 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:55:12 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:52:08 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:48:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.

That's fvking funny.

Zygotes are CREATED at and by conception. They do not exist prior to conception as you claim. Even Planned Parenthood (no friend to pro-lifers) realizes that as scientific fact.

zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm.
- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org...

that is the diploid cell. It is a zygote. It is formed by the joining of Haploid cells. Which are also zygotes. A zygote is a reproductive cell.

Those haploid cells are also alive. Again, science does not define when a life begins. Philosophy does.

Bwahahahaha!

Show me any credible scientific reference that says that haploid gametes are "zygotes."

Just double checked my vocab. I was mistaken, I confused zygote and gamete. Regardless my point stands. Science does not define when a life begins. Those gametes are alive when they join to form a zygote. Does that make masturbation Murder? Does that make menstruation murder? No. This is a philosophical discussion, not a scientific one.


Do you have a life, PBG?
indeed.


Does your life belong to you?

in my mind no. But that is a private philosophical conclusion that I have reached. It has no connection to the scientific definition of life.

Biologically speaking , when did your life start belonging to you?

We dont know. Science does not say. That is a philosophical discussion.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,789
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:10:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:08:00 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:05:44 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:01:56 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:55:12 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:52:08 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:48:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:44:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:41:19 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:39:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:30:58 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:23:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:19:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:14:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:11:49 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:03:41 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:02:08 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 9:00:31 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:56:53 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/24/2014 9:56:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:28:03 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:34:50 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:29:34 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:27:18 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:16:18 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
What species is the fetus if it is not human?

I feel like this is a philosophical question, not a scientific one.

The fetus is scientifically human.

There is no discussion on the fact that the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is on whether or not the fetus counts as a person. This subject belongs on the philosophy forum, not the science forum.

In the U.S. - we already have laws (State and Federal) that recognize a "child in the womb" as a person - in cases where they are killed in a criminal act.

The legal precedence for their 'personhood' has now been established.

Again, why is this a scientific topic? This is simply not a scientific discussion, this belongs in either society or philosophy.

It is a scientific fact that a human being is a human being - regardless of what stage of life, growth and or development they are in.

The social, philosophical and even the political discussions (in my opinion) should be respective of that biological (scientific) fact.

Do you disagree?

I do not. The discussion is not about whether or not the fetus is a human fetus. The discussion is about the meaning of life, murder, control, etc. Not a scientific discussion.

Do you agree that a human beings rights (including the right to not be murdered) should begin when their biological life begins?

That is not a discussion for this forum. This forum I science, and science does not identify when life begins.

Ummmm.

Yes it does.

Even the most ardent abortion supporters can agree that biologically a new life begins at conception.

Nope. Science does not define when life begins.


Science does too define when **A** life begins. You can choose to ignore or to deny that science but I (for one) am not going to share in that ignorance with you.

No it does not. Provide that research. I know the science involved very well (professionally) and I know that science does not define when any individual life begins. It is a philosophical topic.

""Aging BEGINS at conception and terminates at death. As we progress through life and its four major states: 1. conception and birth, 2. puberty and adolescence, 3. adulthood and 4. senescence, we realize and experience the fact that the human body is biologically changing. It is growing, changing and aging. "

http://snl.depaul.edu...

Aging =/= life.The zygotes are alive, scientifically speaking, even before conception.

LOL....

How can "zygotes" be "alive" even before they exist?

The Zygotes exist before conception. I think you need to go review the science involved.

That's fvking funny.

Zygotes are CREATED at and by conception. They do not exist prior to conception as you claim. Even Planned Parenthood (no friend to pro-lifers) realizes that as scientific fact.

zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm.
- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org...

that is the diploid cell. It is a zygote. It is formed by the joining of Haploid cells. Which are also zygotes. A zygote is a reproductive cell.

Those haploid cells are also alive. Again, science does not define when a life begins. Philosophy does.

Bwahahahaha!

Show me any credible scientific reference that says that haploid gametes are "zygotes."

Just double checked my vocab. I was mistaken, I confused zygote and gamete. Regardless my point stands. Science does not define when a life begins. Those gametes are alive when they join to form a zygote. Does that make masturbation Murder? Does that make menstruation murder? No. This is a philosophical discussion, not a scientific one.


Do you have a life, PBG?
indeed.


Does your life belong to you?

in my mind no. But that is a private philosophical conclusion that I have reached. It has no connection to the scientific definition of life.

Biologically speaking , when did your life start belonging to you?

We dont know. Science does not say. That is a philosophical discussion.

We can observe life - even in a single celled organism (like a zygote). . . why do you think that science can not conclude and establish the fact that the life an organism is living belongs to itself?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:19:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:10:32 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:08:00 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Just double checked my vocab. I was mistaken, I confused zygote and gamete. Regardless my point stands. Science does not define when a life begins. Those gametes are alive when they join to form a zygote. Does that make masturbation Murder? Does that make menstruation murder? No. This is a philosophical discussion, not a scientific one.


Do you have a life, PBG?
indeed.


Does your life belong to you?

in my mind no. But that is a private philosophical conclusion that I have reached. It has no connection to the scientific definition of life.

Biologically speaking , when did your life start belonging to you?

We dont know. Science does not say. That is a philosophical discussion.

We can observe life - even in a single celled organism (like a zygote). . . why do you think that science can not conclude and establish the fact that the life an organism is living belongs to itself?

Because the idea of belonging is a philosophical one. In science, there is no difference between the life of a fungus and the life of a human. It is all life.Scientifically, the life that i enjoy is in every way the life enjoyed by the animals we eat. Life is defined as the ability to reproduce using DNA. The gametes in a mans testicles are alive, by the scientific definition, as are the gametes in a woman's ovaries. That does not change upon conception.

The question is "when does the philosophical concept of human life begin?" and that is not a scientific topic.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!