Jump to topic:

Can someone explain the big bang?

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 8:13:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In full detail and explain the maths to support it? Pretty please? I'm a little bit in the grey here.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 6:15:10 AM
At 11/4/2014 8:13:25 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
In full detail and explain the maths to support it? Pretty please? I'm a little bit in the grey here.

Here it is, in a nutshell:

In the beginning was a deep mathematical structure that is true by definition and which necessarily existed, and from it the physical universe arose. To understand you must recognize that the real basis of the physical universe is conceptual or mathematical. In addition to this mathematical structure there was also a primordial mass called a singularity, which is an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something.

Now, when you apply relativity and quantum theory to the primordial mass you get a cosmic loophole big enough for all creation to jump through. In a kind of mathematical transubstantiation, there was a quantum fluctuation whereby our numbers took on substance and became physically real...and voila, a physical universe came into existence.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 8:05:48 AM
At 11/5/2014 6:15:10 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

Here it is, in a nutshell:

In the beginning was a deep mathematical structure that is true by definition and which necessarily existed, and from it the physical universe arose. To understand you must recognize that the real basis of the physical universe is conceptual or mathematical. In addition to this mathematical structure there was also a primordial mass called a singularity, which is an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something.

Now, when you apply relativity and quantum theory to the primordial mass you get a cosmic loophole big enough for all creation to jump through. In a kind of mathematical transubstantiation, there was a quantum fluctuation whereby our numbers took on substance and became physically real...and voila, a physical universe came into existence.

Thanks for the summary. Well I heard no one really knows what happened before the big bang or the so called singularity. I heard it was proven mathematically and I just dont understand the mathematics. Also I heard the maths break down the closer you get to he singularity, which I heard is just a smaller size of space time and it expanded from a single point.

So I think I understand it to a degree now. Thanks for the clarification and extra theory though.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:29:22 PM

It's a theory about the evolution of the early universe, which encompasses the expansion of space up until the evolution of early galaxies from a state of high density, temperature, low entropy and simple structures, towards a state of lower density, and a colder universe.

We know that much from analying the red shift (which relates directly to recession velocity), and correlating it with the distances of the galaxies. What is found it that the further a galaxy is, the faster it receeds, which is a precise prediction of the big bang model.

Another prediction is that at some point of expansion and cooling, the high temperature material will eventually cool to the level where the plasma phase will change into a gas phase, with the latter being transparent to photons. Also because the expansion is modelled to be relatively uniform, and occuring everywhere there is space, then it predicts that this plasma-gas transition would occur at a uniform time, in a uniform manner.

This is exactly what we found when we observed the CMB, a very, very uniform, very cold and highly red-shifted microwave glow.

Another prediction comes from nucleon synthesis, which predicts the proportions of each of the elements that would arise initially from this 'pre-plasma', since the big bang theory depicts matter and energy being so dense that they would not have formed baryonic matter we know of yet. The observed abundance of primordial gas is pretty much bang-on what we predict if all nucleons wee synthesised in such a manner.

That should be enough to go on. The big bang theory does not address what happened before there was 'stuff', and does not address the putative singularity (assuming it existed), the big bang theory only models what we do know experimentally from what I have mentioned.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:13:01 PM
At 11/5/2014 12:29:22 PM, Envisage wrote:

It's a theory about the evolution of the early universe, which encompasses the expansion of space up until the evolution of early galaxies from a state of high density, temperature, low entropy and simple structures, towards a state of lower density, and a colder universe.

We know that much from analying the red shift (which relates directly to recession velocity), and correlating it with the distances of the galaxies. What is found it that the further a galaxy is, the faster it receeds, which is a precise prediction of the big bang model.

Another prediction is that at some point of expansion and cooling, the high temperature material will eventually cool to the level where the plasma phase will change into a gas phase, with the latter being transparent to photons. Also because the expansion is modelled to be relatively uniform, and occuring everywhere there is space, then it predicts that this plasma-gas transition would occur at a uniform time, in a uniform manner.

This is exactly what we found when we observed the CMB, a very, very uniform, very cold and highly red-shifted microwave glow.

Another prediction comes from nucleon synthesis, which predicts the proportions of each of the elements that would arise initially from this 'pre-plasma', since the big bang theory depicts matter and energy being so dense that they would not have formed baryonic matter we know of yet. The observed abundance of primordial gas is pretty much bang-on what we predict if all nucleons wee synthesised in such a manner.

That should be enough to go on. The big bang theory does not address what happened before there was 'stuff', and does not address the putative singularity (assuming it existed), the big bang theory only models what we do know experimentally from what I have mentioned.

Clear and informative. Thank you very much.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 11:41:40 AM

To truly understand the Big Bang, one should make themselves familiar with General Relativity, specifically the derivatives of Friedmann,Robertson and Walker.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth