Jump to topic:

Biblical origins or evolution

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:38:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a discussion between lannan13 and I, but feel free to join the discussion if you wish.

Lannan13, please present your contentions to the table. Peer reviewed, scientific sources is encouraged.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:46:01 PM
What scientific evidence is there to suggest that humans were created in the way the biblical tells us?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:49:40 PM
At 11/5/2014 7:46:01 PM, SamStevens wrote:
What scientific evidence is there to suggest that humans were created in the way the biblical tells us?

What Biblical evidence is there to suggest that humans were created in the way that Science tells us? o.O
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:56:03 PM
At 11/5/2014 7:49:40 PM, mortsdor wrote:

What Biblical evidence is there to suggest that humans were created in the way that Science tells us? o.O

O.o

I see what you did there.

Define scientific evidence: Scientific evidence is evidence which serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis. Such evidence is expected to be empirical evidence and in accordance with scientific method.[1]

But in all seriousness, why is the bible any more valid than any other religious text that describes how we were created? There is no scientific evidence to even back it up its claims.

[1]https://www.google.com...
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:29:46 PM
At 11/5/2014 7:49:40 PM, mortsdor wrote:

Whatever the case with that, the evidence shows humans did not spontaneously appear one day. I would like to see the evidence that spontaneous creation of humans is the case, evidence outside the bible or its just mythology.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:21:57 PM
Hahahahahahaha!
Lannan apparently has not stepped foot in this thread.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
chui
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 2:34:58 AM
This debate would be an example of false dichotomy in any case. There are an infinite number of alternatives to evolution if we allow any explanation without limiting it to naturalistic forces. There are at least a thousand documented faiths around the world each has its own creation myth. Each theory must bare the burden of evidence not evolution alone.