Jump to topic:

The Theory of Everything.

Tweka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 9:13:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Are you all going to watch this? The film will be featured in the US on November 7 and on January 1 in the UK.

Trailer:
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 2:01:20 PM
At 11/6/2014 9:13:01 AM, Tweka wrote:
Are you all going to watch this? The film will be featured in the US on November 7 and on January 1 in the UK.

Trailer:

Yep, it should be interesting. I heard that since he was unable to manually work out his problems (due to his illness), it forced him to completely flesh out his concepts in his head. I don't remember where I read this, but that would be impressive by itself. However, his concepts typically deal with mind numbingly complex mathematics involved with black holes making this achievement all the more impressive. What staggering intellect and determination that requires.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Tweka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 2:03:25 PM
At 11/6/2014 2:01:20 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Trailer:

Yep, it should be interesting. I heard that since he was unable to manually work out his problems (due to his illness), it forced him to completely flesh out his concepts in his head. I don't remember where I read this, but that would be impressive by itself. However, his concepts typically deal with mind numbingly complex mathematics involved with black holes making this achievement all the more impressive. What staggering intellect and determination that requires.

Story of his life.
What do you think? He is born being a genius or Hard work?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 2:14:59 PM
At 11/6/2014 2:03:25 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 11/6/2014 2:01:20 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Trailer:

Story of his life.
What do you think? He is born being a genius or Hard work?

Probably a little of both, but he was pretty sharp before his disability.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 6:26:08 AM

Trailer:

Yeah, I can't wait, will probably go this weekend.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Tweka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 6:56:18 AM
At 11/7/2014 6:26:08 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

Trailer:

Yeah, I can't wait, will probably go this weekend.

You are my long-lost brother. Haha Just Kidding.

Waiting impatiently.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:23:30 AM

Trailer:

Only I think, God is the theory of everything, and "while there is God, there is hope", not "while there is life, there is hope". From the apostle Paul, a man who also lived a life of disease and suffering and once-in-the-human-race insights: "If we only have hope for this life, we are of all people most miserable".

Human life will come to an end, and after only a nano-tick of the cosmological clock. If Hawkins only found hope for that tick, then it's all quite ridiculous, after all. He discovered nothing, in other words.
This space for rent.
Tweka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 10:07:27 AM
At 11/7/2014 9:23:30 AM, v3nesl wrote:

Trailer:

Only I think, God is the theory of everything, and "while there is God, there is hope", not "while there is life, there is hope". From the apostle Paul, a man who also lived a life of disease and suffering and once-in-the-human-race insights: "If we only have hope for this life, we are of all people most miserable".

Human life will come to an end, and after only a nano-tick of the cosmological clock. If Hawkins only found hope for that tick, then it's all quite ridiculous, after all. He discovered nothing, in other words.

We hope because we live. We live because of life.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:50:00 AM
At 11/7/2014 10:07:27 AM, Tweka wrote:

Trailer:

We hope because we live.

And you're going to die. Soon. So you don't have hope. The fraction of time during which you had hope is infinitesimally small.

We live because of life.

Meaning that you have no idea why you're alive.

Don't mistake my tone here - I'm not really trying to be confrontational. I'm just saying, this lionizing of Hawking because he did calculus on time itself - I think it's a bit misplaced. It's just fun and games, what he did, not some kind of grand truth.
This space for rent.
Tweka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:59:04 AM
At 11/7/2014 11:50:00 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 10:07:27 AM, Tweka wrote:

Trailer:

We hope because we live.

And you're going to die. Soon. So you don't have hope. The fraction of time during which you had hope is infinitesimally small.
But,at least, there is hope no matter how big or small it is. When talking about abstract things, it is what you think of it. An elephant with four legs. Maybe you are thinking that the legs are chubby. But, I visualise them as slim. Love, pain,stress,HOPE are all abstracts. They are unique to everyone. Just depend on how you look at that.

We live because of life.

Meaning that you have no idea why you're alive.

Don't mistake my tone here - I'm not really trying to be confrontational. I'm just saying, this lionizing of Hawking because he did calculus on time itself - I think it's a bit misplaced. It's just fun and games, what he did, not some kind of grand truth.

If something which does not have life, how can the being live. We have idea what we are living. Ideas come from thinking. If a human does not think, then he won't have any ideas. Again, life is a series of experience. Bitter,sweet and sour time. Different people have different life. The word 'Grand' is an adjective. Making donations maybe a small act. But, how about the receiver? They are happy because they are blessed.
FantumHeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:00:24 PM
Abraham Lincoln died for our sins
Sincerely, FantumHeist a game developer and young scientist and Visionary