Jump to topic:

Nasa and Orion test

chui
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:45:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
First step to landing on an asteroid and then Mars completed successfully. Well done NASA

Hope the funding lasts.
Let's hope "the truth is out there" cos there is bugger all round here.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 2:09:53 PM
Agreed. I also agree with Neil deGrasse Tyson that NASA's budget should be doubled. I believe that NASA is one of the very few government bureau expenditures that pays much in the way of dividends: increasing knowledge, funding the creation of technological wealth, spurring education in the sciences, etc.
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive."
-Sam Harris
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 8:49:49 PM
At 12/5/2014 2:09:53 PM, Fly wrote:
Agreed. I also agree with Neil deGrasse Tyson that NASA's budget should be doubled. I believe that NASA is one of the very few government bureau expenditures that pays much in the way of dividends: increasing knowledge, funding the creation of technological wealth, spurring education in the sciences, etc.

Definitely.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 8:53:46 PM
At 12/5/2014 10:45:56 AM, chui wrote:
First step to landing on an asteroid and then Mars completed successfully. Well done NASA

Hope the funding lasts.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com...
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:00:04 PM
At 12/5/2014 8:53:46 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/5/2014 10:45:56 AM, chui wrote:

Hope the funding lasts.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com...

Anyone know how they get the camera angle at 1:55?

Also, here is a better video:

https://www.youtube.com...