Jump to topic:

Is Proof subjective?

Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:28:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think evidence is objective, but proof may be subjective. No matter how overwhelming an argument you may be able to make for something, someone can always nitpick their way out of allowing the evidence to prove the point to them.

If someone really wants to believe this or not believe that, they'll find a way to. I see very smart people do it all the time, and I've caught myself doing it more than a few times.

Is there an objective way to PROVE something, or is it always relative to the mind of the beholder whether or not they want to believe? How can we determine the difference between nitpicking and a good objection?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:42:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That being said, I think TRUTH exists. Man made global warming either does or does not exist, but people rarely engage in a worthwhile argument about it, both sides convinced the other is stupid, no matter how much evidence for or against is presented. One party is correct, and the other just wants to believe what they already believe.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.