Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

B-Theory of Time with scientific support?

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 1:13:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Experiments with photons might support the B-Theory of Time:

https://medium.com...

What do you think about it?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 4:26:50 PM
I think Einstein was fairly committed to such an idea...

I also like it.
A bit more Elegant and wholistic an idea. :o)
chui
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:50:08 AM
Thanks for posting the link. What a brilliant experiment!

I see the argument between A and B theorists as being a direct analogy of the Greek arguments about the nature of motion and matter. I think it was between Epicurus, Aristotle and Democritus. The arguments raged on and on and then science showed that all parties were wrong and had effectively been arguing for different sides of a false dichotomy.

The A and B theory seem like nothing more than the product of sophistry. They were created in 1908 by McTaggart (who was responsible for getting Russell expelled from Cambridge university for pacifism) McTaggart had no scientific background as far as I can tell so is unlikely to have been able to comprehend any of the ideas in relativity to do with time and synchronization of events. Therefore his ideas are little more than idle speculation.

I really fail to see how this new experiment has any true connection to A or B theory. To claim otherwise is philosiphism. It is highly unlikely that ideas about time formulated over one hundred years ago have anything useful or insightful to offer.