Jump to topic:

I'm doing an experiment

Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 8:34:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm in the beginning stages of a psychological experiment for one of my research classes. My first step is this survey so I can put my hypothesis together. If you guys could take this EXTREMELY SHORT survey, it would much be appreciated for my research!

Please and thank you!

I will be posting results for everyone as soon as I accumulate enough answers.

All of your answers are confidential - I will not know who answered what, nor will everyone else when I post the results.

Link to the survey ---> http://www.surveymonkey.com...

Thank you for your time.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 8:54:17 AM
At 7/7/2010 8:34:57 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I'm in the beginning stages of a psychological experiment for one of my research classes. My first step is this survey so I can put my hypothesis together. If you guys could take this EXTREMELY SHORT survey, it would much be appreciated for my research!

I answered it. What kind of hypothesis is this, specifically?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 8:56:40 AM
At 7/7/2010 8:54:17 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

That would be telling!!

I would imagine she's not supposed to...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:06:36 AM

Please and thank you!

All of your answers are confidential - I will not know who answered what,

I think you might with me, but good luck in your experiment!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:17:16 AM
I took it and answered the questions honestly.

However, I was a bit confused by this question:

"How jealous would you feel about your partner enjoying passionate sex with this other person?"

Which other person? Do you mean another person?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:19:30 AM
At 7/7/2010 9:17:16 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I took it and answered the questions honestly.

However, I was a bit confused by this question:

"How jealous would you feel about your partner enjoying passionate sex with this other person?"

Which other person? Do you mean another person?

Yes, I mean "another person". I should have clarified this. Sorry, the sentences were written on paper form and given to people before I made the internet form :p The paper form had an extra sentence before the questions that read "Imagine your partner has been getting involved with another individual."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:20:04 AM
I didn't like the word "jealous," because my feelings would be that of hurt/anger. To me jealousy implies coveting something. In other words, "I'm jealous of your test score" or "I'm jealous you had sex and I didn't." But to catch someone cheating on me would either make me extremely pissed or very devastated depending on the moment. So I'd change the word "jealous" to "upset" as my $0.02.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:20:15 AM
At 7/7/2010 8:56:40 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 7/7/2010 8:54:17 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

That would be telling!!

I would imagine she's not supposed to...

Haha, that I can't tell you :)
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:21:11 AM
At 7/7/2010 9:06:36 AM, innomen wrote:

Please and thank you!

All of your answers are confidential - I will not know who answered what,

I think you might with me, but good luck in your experiment!

I've already had 100+ people take this survey. Once I close the survey, it will give me all of the reports at random. I doubt I will know which one is you :p
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:22:56 AM
At 7/7/2010 9:20:04 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I didn't like the word "jealous," because my feelings would be that of hurt/anger. To me jealousy implies coveting something. In other words, "I'm jealous of your test score" or "I'm jealous you had sex and I didn't." But to catch someone cheating on me would either make me extremely pissed or very devastated depending on the moment. So I'd change the word "jealous" to "upset" as my $0.02.

Jealousy is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, such as a relationship, friendship, or love. Jealousy often consists of a combination of emotions such as anger, sadness, and disgust. It is not to be confused with envy.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:23:41 AM

Is there a difference between envy and jealousy? I do agree though, hurt is a more accurate statement because there are a lot of different emotions going on all that come down to hurt.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:24:29 AM
At 7/7/2010 9:23:41 AM, innomen wrote:

Is there a difference between envy and jealousy? I do agree though, hurt is a more accurate statement because there are a lot of different emotions going on all that come down to hurt.

Jealousy is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, such as a relationship, friendship, or love. Jealousy often consists of a combination of emotions such as anger, sadness, and disgust. It is not to be confused with envy.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:27:39 AM
At 7/7/2010 9:24:29 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Agreed, however the feeling of betrayal (which from personal experience) is not within jealousy, and that was a fairly overwhelming emotion that took a long time to dissipate.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:31:14 AM
At 7/7/2010 9:27:39 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/7/2010 9:24:29 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Agreed, however the feeling of betrayal (which from personal experience) is not within jealousy, and that was a fairly overwhelming emotion that took a long time to dissipate.

The questions are set up correctly :) I am asking the question I want to ask, and no, I wont tell you why :p
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 9:34:12 AM
At 7/7/2010 9:32:50 AM, Volkov wrote:
Not a psych student, and its a rather simple experiment, but I'm interested to see the results.

I will definitely post it for you guys when I put it all together :)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 10:25:18 AM
Is there a difference between envy and jealousy? I do agree though, hurt is a more accurate statement because there are a lot of different emotions going on all that come down to hurt.:

I would agree with Vi Vera's assesment, that jealousy incorporates feelings of loss, intimidation, insecurity, and emotional pain.

From a sociological point of view, I think jealousy generally has some negative connotations attached to it, no matter how implicit.

I am wondering if the study has to do with apathy versus narcissism. If a person was apathetic towards being cheated on, are they very secure in themselves or are they emotionally vapid? Or if you are a narcissist, does it mean that you are very insecure, or that you are emotionally healthy?

This would be a very interesting study, IMHO.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:05:08 PM
At 7/7/2010 2:17:39 PM, tkubok wrote:
I am the 86 year old bisexual from Mars. Should be easy enough to filter out.

......... Wow. Thanks.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:34:31 PM
At 7/7/2010 3:22:15 PM, Puck wrote:
Done. Good luck.

Are you gay or straight? Your profile doesn't tell. Just curious.

Also done. Double sevens for me.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:40:41 PM
At 7/7/2010 3:34:31 PM, Nags wrote:
Done. Good luck.

Heterosexual. Though apparently not insecure enough as to be unable to make aesthetic judgements on males. :P
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:41:54 PM
Done. Good luck.

bi-curious?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:42:54 PM
At 7/7/2010 3:40:41 PM, Puck wrote:
Done. Good luck.

Heterosexual. Though apparently not insecure enough as to be unable to make aesthetic judgements on males. :P

what do you think of me?
signature
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:44:07 PM
At 7/7/2010 3:40:41 PM, Puck wrote:

Ha, I see. I'm secure enough to make aesthetic judgements on males as well; so, was that supposed to be some sort of subtle joke toward me?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2010 3:44:36 PM
At 7/7/2010 3:41:54 PM, badger wrote:
Done. Good luck.

bi-curious?

Nah, the survey. I gave two sevens for the first two questions.