Jump to topic:

HIV does not cause AIDS?

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:41:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Professor Johnathan Wells is a molecular biologist who is well known as an advocate for Intelligent Design. He has made controversy as a scientist trying to push up what people like me would consider pseudo science, but I found may shock some people or actually be thought provoking (I'm no scientist, so I don't know if he's onto something or not.) But Professor Wells and his mentor, Phillip E. Johnson, sent an open letter in 1991 that addressed this.

"It is widely believed by the general public that a retrovirus called HIV causes the group [of] diseases called AIDS. Many biochemical scientists now question this hypothesis. We propose that a thorough reappraisal of the existing evidence for and against this hypothesis be conducted by a suitable independent group. We further propose that critical epidemiological studies be devised and undertaken."

Is there any form of truth or is this possibly propaganda for something else?
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:02:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 9:41:51 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Professor Johnathan Wells is a molecular biologist who is well known as an advocate for Intelligent Design. He has made controversy as a scientist trying to push up what people like me would consider pseudo science, but I found may shock some people or actually be thought provoking (I'm no scientist, so I don't know if he's onto something or not.) But Professor Wells and his mentor, Phillip E. Johnson, sent an open letter in 1991 that addressed this.

"It is widely believed by the general public that a retrovirus called HIV causes the group [of] diseases called AIDS. Many biochemical scientists now question this hypothesis. We propose that a thorough reappraisal of the existing evidence for and against this hypothesis be conducted by a suitable independent group. We further propose that critical epidemiological studies be devised and undertaken."

Is there any form of truth or is this possibly propaganda for something else?

I stopped reading a "Johnathan Wells". He's not a professor, and he's not regarded as a legitimate scientist by the scientific community. Plus, his scientific career is less successful than even the average PhD student (in terms of contributions to science).