R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 2:56:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
One in our heads, and one the size of a cat's brain in our stomachs:
http://www.bbc.com...

Our intestines are lined with neurons. Pretty crazy, eh? A lot of those cliches make some better sense now... Next time you have a gut instinct, realize there's a much deeper meaning there.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:04:19 PM
At 2/22/2015 2:56:44 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
One in our heads, and one the size of a cat's brain in our stomachs:
http://www.bbc.com...

Our intestines are lined with neurons. Pretty crazy, eh? A lot of those cliches make some better sense now... Next time you have a gut instinct, realize there's a much deeper meaning there.

We have neurons and neuron-like cells all over our body. In our skin, our ears, our eyes, etc. Our 'brain' extends throughout the whole body (sorry this is an obvious statement).
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:15:29 AM
The universe is one whole brain. Individual ants act like neurons and cause whole colonies to make collective decisions. Humans themselves are only interconnected cells in Earth's own magnificent brain.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:42:00 AM
At 2/23/2015 12:15:29 AM, FREEDO wrote:
The universe is one whole brain.

Well, if it is, then it's an exploding brain. :) Galaxies are not only flying apart, they're accelerating as they do so! So bad is that acceleration that there will come a time when we can't see the most distant galaxies -- or indeed any other galaxies -- and if we can't see them, then how could we communicate with them?

Also, if the universe is a brain, then it may have been binge-drinking. Black holes suck in information, and don't seem to let it out again. :D
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:56:26 AM
At 2/23/2015 12:42:00 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Well, if it is, then it's an exploding brain. :) Galaxies are not only flying apart, they're accelerating as they do so! So bad is that acceleration that there will come a time when we can't see the most distant galaxies -- or indeed any other galaxies -- and if we can't see them, then how could we communicate with them?

Also, if the universe is a brain, then it may have been binge-drinking. Black holes suck in information, and don't seem to let it out again. :D

Empty space is not empty space. The fabric of reality is teaming with quantum potentiality.

Our observable universe is an infinitesimal fraction of the grand design. And black holes do not destroy information, they deport it to another layer of reality. Every black hole may be the creation of a whole new universe.

The newest prevailing theory is that the big bang was only the supernova of a 4-dimensional star and that it wasn't truly the beginning of time. In fact, time may still have no beginning.

Also, the universe is not expanding because there is nothing outside of it to expand into. You might as well say that everything inside the universe is actually getting smaller. Or no change is happening and the objects in our observable universe are moving towards something unseen. We can only see out as far as light has had time to reach us.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 6:32:15 PM
At 2/23/2015 12:56:26 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Empty space is not empty space. The fabric of reality is teaming with quantum potentiality.

Our observable universe is an infinitesimal fraction of the grand design. And black holes do not destroy information, they deport it to another layer of reality. Every black hole may be the creation of a whole new universe.

The newest prevailing theory is that the big bang was only the supernova of a 4-dimensional star and that it wasn't truly the beginning of time. In fact, time may still have no beginning.

Also, the universe is not expanding because there is nothing outside of it to expand into. You might as well say that everything inside the universe is actually getting smaller. Or no change is happening and the objects in our observable universe are moving towards something unseen. We can only see out as far as light has had time to reach us.

The pseudoscience is strong with this one.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 7:06:43 PM
At 2/23/2015 12:56:26 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I haven't heard the 4-dimensional star story yet, do you have a link?

I do get the distinct impression that space (i.e., distance) is an illusion. I'm standing right next to the most distant object in the universe.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 8:56:01 PM
At 2/23/2015 6:32:15 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
The pseudoscience is strong with this one.

I like my pseudoscience like I like my gravy.

All over me.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 8:57:45 PM
At 2/23/2015 7:06:43 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 12:34:47 AM
At 2/23/2015 8:57:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/23/2015 7:06:43 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com...

I think you get that sarcasm from your second brain FREEDO...
Beliefs in a nutshell: