eye contact

belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 11:49:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.wikihow.com...

lol. also helps if you're not stoned (or i guess if you don't care that other people can see that you are stoned)
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 11:50:37 AM
At 7/24/2010 11:49:10 AM, belle wrote:

lol. also helps if you're not stoned (or i guess if you don't care that other people can see that you are stoned)

not really what i was looking for. more the powers of eye contact explained kinda thing.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 11:58:45 AM
nothing for me? it's more eye contact between animals and humans that inspired this, so anything about that would be class, but it's probably all the same anyway.
signature
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 1:38:49 PM
At 7/24/2010 11:50:37 AM, badger wrote:

not really what i was looking for. more the powers of eye contact explained kinda thing.

eye contact has mysterious powers? lol

its a form of nonverbal communication, and any information gained is mostly processed subconsciously. dunno what needs to be explained about it lol
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 1:43:16 PM
I acrually have no idea what the deal is. People say they can understand what people think by looking in their eyes, I can't. Not at all.
Its mostly a sign of respect in the human realm.

As far as non human animals go eye contact is usually seen as a threat.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 1:46:53 PM
At 7/24/2010 1:38:49 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/24/2010 11:50:37 AM, badger wrote:

eye contact has mysterious powers? lol

i kinda think so. you can project you confidence through it anyway.

its a form of nonverbal communication, and any information gained is mostly processed subconsciously. dunno what needs to be explained about it lol

i'd find what gets processed subconsciously fairly interesting.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 1:52:22 PM
At 7/24/2010 1:43:16 PM, lovelife wrote:
I acrually have no idea what the deal is. People say they can understand what people think by looking in their eyes, I can't. Not at all.

i wouldn't say i can understand what people think through it, but i definitely think there's a lot of information there.

i kinda agree with that one... how come i have so many staring contests with my dog though? lol
signature
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 1:59:13 PM
At 7/24/2010 1:52:22 PM, badger wrote:
At 7/24/2010 1:43:16 PM, lovelife wrote:

i wouldn't say i can understand what people think through it, but i definitely think there's a lot of information there.

I can't understand anything. Its like if I was staring at eones arm.

i kinda agree with that one... how come i have so many staring contests with my dog though? lol

Dogs are animals that tend to want dominance and whoever wins staring contests in the animal realm tend tobe seen as dominant. That is why they feel threatened when people stare into their eyes (most of the time, especially with wild animals.)
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:05:30 PM
At 7/24/2010 1:59:13 PM, lovelife wrote:

its not so much understanding you gain as some kind of intuitive feeling about someone. its really not very useful "information" unless you've had a lot of experiences that would help you to have good hunches. you know how people are always going on about the secret brilliance of intuition? theres some truth to that but only in cases where you know your subject matter extremely well. the intuition of a novice on any subject is extremely likely to be complete crap
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 2:08:25 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:05:30 PM, belle wrote:

its not so much understanding you gain as some kind of intuitive feeling about someone. its really not very useful "information" unless you've had a lot of experiences that would help you to have good hunches. you know how people are always going on about the secret brilliance of intuition? theres some truth to that but only in cases where you know your subject matter extremely well. the intuition of a novice on any subject is extremely likely to be complete crap

meh idk. I can't tell anything from anyones eyes. I can't even tell peoples moods or anything. I can feel that in the air tho.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 3:21:32 PM
At 7/24/2010 2:08:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/24/2010 2:05:30 PM, belle wrote:

meh idk. I can't tell anything from anyones eyes. I can't even tell peoples moods or anything. I can feel that in the air tho.

see there ya go. same basic idea.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2010 9:31:13 AM
i can tell if someone is a pvssy or not, and not by them looking away... i can also tell if someone wants to jump my bones lol.
signature