Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

The pineal gland

Evolutionofconspiracy
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 3:14:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I myself believe the Pineal gland can be responsible for some amazing things. I do not however believe that we have truly discovered the extent of these amazing things but I would be interested in hearing what some others opinions on the subject are.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 4:59:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/16/2015 3:14:29 PM, Evolutionofconspiracy wrote:
I myself believe the Pineal gland can be responsible for some amazing things. I do not however believe that we have truly discovered the extent of these amazing things but I would be interested in hearing what some others opinions on the subject are.

Why do you thing the epiphysis is capable of "some amazing things"? I mean, apart from producing melatonin, which is a cool hormone. But is there anything more on your mind?
Evolutionofconspiracy
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 5:29:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is my belief that humans had in times gone by a latent psychic ability that for numerous reasons chief among them evolution of the brain that has eroded these abilities. I think this could be connected to the disappearance of the pineal gland in certain species such as the Alligator. I think there are other things that have obscured these abilities from us whether deliberately or by design I cannot say but I have my suspicions.

I think the idea of vibrational telepathy manifested from within the brain is certainly a possibility if not a reality.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 9:24:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/16/2015 5:29:36 PM, Evolutionofconspiracy wrote:
It is my belief that humans had in times gone by a latent psychic ability that for numerous reasons chief among them evolution of the brain that has eroded these abilities. I think this could be connected to the disappearance of the pineal gland in certain species such as the Alligator. I think there are other things that have obscured these abilities from us whether deliberately or by design I cannot say but I have my suspicions.

I think the idea of vibrational telepathy manifested from within the brain is certainly a possibility if not a reality.

Do you have any evidence? Or is this just wild speculation along the lines of "If humans had longer tails we could have super-human strength and turn into a large monkey during a full moon" sort of thing?
Evolutionofconspiracy
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 10:44:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is an opinion born from speculation I do agree, but every major scientific theory existed at one point or another as only speculation. I think that one can extrapolate enough information from the mythology and history of human populations to come reasonably believe that the frontiers of human development have are out of our reach.

As for physical evidence for this I have yet to find anything significant. However I do believe that there is sufficient evidence to warrant further investigations. I find the consistent reference to the third eye in relation to the epithalmus is particularly noteworthy considering the existence of the pineal eye in several reptiles.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 1:17:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/16/2015 5:29:36 PM, Evolutionofconspiracy wrote:
It is my belief that humans had in times gone by a latent psychic ability that for numerous reasons chief among them evolution of the brain that has eroded these abilities. I think this could be connected to the disappearance of the pineal gland in certain species such as the Alligator. I think there are other things that have obscured these abilities from us whether deliberately or by design I cannot say but I have my suspicions.

I think the idea of vibrational telepathy manifested from within the brain is certainly a possibility if not a reality.

But prima facie that doesn't make a lot of sense does it? Evolution shouldn't erase those abilities as they are clearly very benefical to have (god, having telepathy is like a superhero power), I can't see any reason why natural selection would erase these things on a population, on the contrary, the genes responsible for that should sky-rocket in frecuency.
janesix
Posts: 3,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 4:34:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 2:44:37 PM, Evolutionofconspiracy wrote:
I didn't say I thought it was a natural process.

Then why did you post in the science forum?
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 5:46:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/17/2015 2:44:37 PM, Evolutionofconspiracy wrote:
I didn't say I thought it was a natural process.

But you specificly mentioned evolution. How is that not a natural process?