Quantum Weirdness Confirmed

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 3:20:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This all one really needs to know.

You either accept that when things are not measured/observed there is no reality as we know it.

OR

http://www.sciencedaily.com...

If one chooses to believe that the atom really did take a particular path or paths then one has to accept that a future measurement is affecting the atom's past, said Truscott.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 4:01:41 PM
At 5/27/2015 3:20:04 PM, slo1 wrote:

You either accept that when things are not measured/observed there is no reality as we know it.

OR

If one chooses to believe that the atom really did take a particular path or paths then one has to accept that a future measurement is affecting the atom's past, said Truscott.

It sounds like you're taking the properties of atoms and then generalizing them to all physical objects.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 9:48:17 PM
At 5/27/2015 4:01:41 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

OR

It sounds like you're taking the properties of atoms and then generalizing them to all physical objects.

Of course all physical objects are made of collections of atoms thus have the same physical properties. The issue is not that they don't have quantum properties. The issue is that the wave function gets much much smaller as the number of atoms grows.

The largest object we have been able to demonstrate quantum properties via the double slit experiment is a 100 atom molecule. That was a few years back, so it may even be larger by now.

The only thing stopping demonstrating it with a baseball is that we lack the technology. The baseball has a wave function just like a single atom and there is no reason to not expect that.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 9:49:57 PM
At 5/27/2015 9:48:17 PM, slo1 wrote:

OR

Of course all physical objects are made of collections of atoms thus have the same physical properties. The issue is not that they don't have quantum properties. The issue is that the wave function gets much much smaller as the number of atoms grows.

The largest object we have been able to demonstrate quantum properties via the double slit experiment is a 100 atom molecule. That was a few years back, so it may even be larger by now.

The only thing stopping demonstrating it with a baseball is that we lack the technology. The baseball has a wave function just like a single atom and there is no reason to not expect that.

I should mention with something baseball size the problem we have is the speed at which it would need to travel to exhibit itself as a wave rather than collection of particles, but since it is made of atoms there is no reason why it would not exhibit quantum behaviors.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 12:55:38 AM
At 5/27/2015 9:48:17 PM, slo1 wrote:
Thanks for posting, Slo.

I think the record is an order of magnitude higher now. The biggest record I found on a cursory search was 810 atoms and 10,000 atomic mass units. [http://arxiv.org...]

While performing quantum experiments at nanolevels is exciting, I'd also counsel against treating the size/complexity technology gap as a purely theoretical problem. A lot of things that one might be able to do mathematically become infeasible to engineer at the desired scale. They mightn't be infeasible forever, but for the whole of our history, species survival has prioritised limits on resources and effort. The games we can play depend on our resource and energy surpluses, and through this century we can expect to face some tough issues maintaining surpluses in potable water, food, energy, and rare earth metals. So we mightn't be able to play as much as we'd like as soon as we'd like.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 6:09:14 PM

OR

Excellent post!

And nicely timed, I must say.

See...I began another Thread on a current government project which is engaged in Time Travel. It is called Project Swiss Watch. And the thing is....as I was explaining to some of the laymen on the forum, the methodology by which the PSW engineers are using so as to facilitate this "mapping of the STC" (their words: space-time continuum) actually involves the existence of the Wheeler-Everett Hypothesis. Wheeler being mentioned in your link!

Yes...the "many worlds" or "multi-dimensional" hypothesis. QM is indeed strange. As the famous physicist Richard Feynman once quipped, "Anybody who thinks they understand quantum mechanics doesn't really understand it."

Even Einstein had trouble comprehending it, calling the "particle entanglement" that was mentioned in the link "spooky action at a distance."

It is this very "spooky action" that is allowing time travel. They use the quantum entanglement to infuse the de-constructed (broken down into QM particles) CI's (time travellers) into the specific STC node that is their destination. This allows them to actually be in two states at once.

The old physics parable of Schroedinger's Cat alluded to this phenomena. It is amazing that he was at first derided for it, some 40 years ago, but it has now been proven true!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 10:59:12 AM
At 5/28/2015 6:09:14 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

See...I began another Thread on a current government project which is engaged in Time Travel. It is called Project Swiss Watch. And the thing is....as I was explaining to some of the laymen on the forum, the methodology by which the PSW engineers are using so as to facilitate this "mapping of the STC" (their words: space-time continuum) actually involves the existence of the Wheeler-Everett Hypothesis.

Trying to baffle us with bs is not explaining anything to us poor laymen. But, be careful that you are indeed convinced we are just laymen and can't see right through your bs.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 11:27:53 AM
At 5/29/2015 10:59:12 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 5/28/2015 6:09:14 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

See...I began another Thread on a current government project which is engaged in Time Travel. It is called Project Swiss Watch. And the thing is....as I was explaining to some of the laymen on the forum, the methodology by which the PSW engineers are using so as to facilitate this "mapping of the STC" (their words: space-time continuum) actually involves the existence of the Wheeler-Everett Hypothesis.

Trying to baffle us with bs is not explaining anything to us poor laymen. But, be careful that you are indeed convinced we are just laymen and can't see right through your bs.

BS? LOL.

Ask me to further explain any aspect of the QM properties I mentioned. Then I will. Then, if you are able, you can research it yourself and verify that my statements are accurate. GO for it.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.