Jump to topic:

Space Time arises from Quantum Entanglement

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 8:14:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think this guy does a good job as possible explaining it to us mere mortals, but it is all in the math. I think it is very interesting that the math starts with entanglement and two dimensions and ends up with three dimensions with a smash of gravity as the result.

There is many people working on this concept that we are really in a holographic universe. I don't know how people come up with this stuff, but it makes me happy that creativity plays a huge role in science. How much of our knowledge has come from taking a problem or snipits of math and combining them in creative ways?

http://www.ipmu.jp...

The holographic principle is widely regarded as an essential feature of a successful Theory of Everything. The holographic principle states that gravity in a three-dimensional volume can be described by quantum mechanics on a two-dimensional surface surrounding the volume. In particular, the three dimensions of the volume should emerge from the two dimensions of the surface. However, understanding the precise mechanics for the emergence of the volume from the surface has been elusive.
Now, Ooguri and his collaborators have found that quantum entanglement is the key to solving this question. Using a quantum theory (that does not include gravity), they showed how to compute energy density, which is a source of gravitational interactions in three dimensions, using quantum entanglement data on the surface. This is analogous to diagnosing conditions inside of your body by looking at X-ray images on two-dimensional sheets. This allowed them to interpret universal properties of quantum entanglement as conditions on the energy density that should be satisfied by any consistent quantum theory of gravity, without actually explicitly including gravity in the theory. The importance of quantum entanglement has been suggested before, but its precise role in emergence of spacetime was not clear until the new paper by Ooguri and collaborators.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 6:06:04 PM
Another timely post. Thanks!!

I have been trying to explain this very same concept to some folks around here for the past couple weeks in my thread on Time Travel. (which you may want to check out if you have not already.)

In fact, my very exact synopsis was that a synthesis of Einsteinian Relativity and QM Entanglement is the heart of current TT methodology, which is currently being orchestrated by the U.S.Government via Project Swiss Watch, located outside of Aurora, Colorado.

You might be interested in my most recent post on that thread, which contained a couple of equations which allude to your link as well.

One caveat which is essential is that due to information denigration--actually, not so much loss or denigration as it is "uncertainty" as in the Pauli Exlcusion Principle--the entangled quanta have to be subjected to an ionization treatment when they are utilized for TT in Swiss Watch. They are injected into a particle accelerator--an atom smasher--like the one at CERN--and then collided with Thorium ions of an opposite charge. Cations vs. anions. This enables them to retain their information, which is good since it is comprised of the de-consttructed DNA and cells of the CI's (time travellers!)

Anyway...great post!!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 6:11:18 PM
I should clarify on my final statement regarding the modification of the QM entangled particles.......

What the Thorium ion imbuement does is actually ground them to a preserved state.

If they are grounded and not in an excited state the probability cloud of their exact locations and velocities is far more clarified. This process yields something similar to Bose-Einstein Condensation.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:42:16 AM
At 6/2/2015 8:14:15 AM, slo1 wrote:
I think this guy does a good job as possible explaining it to us mere mortals, but it is all in the math. I think it is very interesting that the math starts with entanglement and two dimensions and ends up with three dimensions with a smash of gravity as the result.

There is many people working on this concept that we are really in a holographic universe. I don't know how people come up with this stuff, but it makes me happy that creativity plays a huge role in science. How much of our knowledge has come from taking a problem or snipits of math and combining them in creative ways?

http://www.ipmu.jp...

The holographic principle is widely regarded as an essential feature of a successful Theory of Everything. The holographic principle states that gravity in a three-dimensional volume can be described by quantum mechanics on a two-dimensional surface surrounding the volume. In particular, the three dimensions of the volume should emerge from the two dimensions of the surface. However, understanding the precise mechanics for the emergence of the volume from the surface has been elusive.
Now, Ooguri and his collaborators have found that quantum entanglement is the key to solving this question. Using a quantum theory (that does not include gravity), they showed how to compute energy density, which is a source of gravitational interactions in three dimensions, using quantum entanglement data on the surface. This is analogous to diagnosing conditions inside of your body by looking at X-ray images on two-dimensional sheets. This allowed them to interpret universal properties of quantum entanglement as conditions on the energy density that should be satisfied by any consistent quantum theory of gravity, without actually explicitly including gravity in the theory. The importance of quantum entanglement has been suggested before, but its precise role in emergence of spacetime was not clear until the new paper by Ooguri and collaborators.

Unfortunately, I couldn't access the abstract to get the equations mentioned in the article.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:50:29 AM
At 6/2/2015 6:06:04 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I have been trying to explain this very same concept to some folks around here for the past couple weeks in my thread on Time Travel. (which you may want to check out if you have not already.)

In fact, my very exact synopsis was that a synthesis of Einsteinian Relativity and QM Entanglement is the heart of current TT methodology, which is currently being orchestrated by the U.S.Government via Project Swiss Watch, located outside of Aurora, Colorado.

You might be interested in my most recent post on that thread, which contained a couple of equations which allude to your link as well.

If you're referring to the equations you offered, they have nothing to do with this paper as they are merely equations showing Minkowski space. Totally irrelevant to what is going on here.

One caveat which is essential is that due to information denigration--actually, not so much loss or denigration as it is "uncertainty" as in the Pauli Exlcusion Principle--the entangled quanta have to be subjected to an ionization treatment when they are utilized for TT in Swiss Watch. They are injected into a particle accelerator--an atom smasher--like the one at CERN--and then collided with Thorium ions of an opposite charge. Cations vs. anions. This enables them to retain their information, which is good since it is comprised of the de-consttructed DNA and cells of the CI's (time travellers!)

Anyway...great post!!

The Pauli-Exclusion Principle has nothing to do with information denigration, but instead shows that fermions cannot occupy the same quantum space.

Thorium is extremely unstable because it is radioactive. It cannot be "collided" with anything to act as a coating.

You really have no clue what you're talking about, dude.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 5:43:12 PM
At 6/3/2015 10:50:29 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

If you're referring to the equations you offered, they have nothing to do with this paper as they are merely equations showing Minkowski space. Totally irrelevant to what is going on here.

Anyway...great post!!

The Pauli-Exclusion Principle has nothing to do with information denigration, but instead shows that fermions cannot occupy the same quantum space.

Thorium is extremely unstable because it is radioactive. It cannot be "collided" with anything to act as a coating.

So..now we can add Thorium to the list of things that you are a bit wanting in knowledge on.

Some basics.......

Advantages........
The concept has several potential advantages over conventional nuclear fission reactors:
Subcritical design means that the reaction could not run away " if anything went wrong, the reaction would stop and the reactor would cool down. A meltdown could however occur if the ability to cool the core was lost.
Thorium is an abundant element " much more so than uranium " reducing strategic and political supply issues and eliminating costly and energy-intensive isotope separation. There is enough thorium to generate energy for at least several thousand years at current consumption rates.
The energy amplifier would produce very little plutonium, so the design is believed to be more proliferation-resistant than conventional nuclear power (although the question of uranium-233 as nuclear weapon material must be assessed carefully).
The possibility exists of using the reactor to consume plutonium, reducing the world stockpile of the very-long-lived element.
Less long-lived radioactive waste is produced " the waste material would decay after 500 years to the radioactive level of coal ash.
No new science is required; the technologies to build the energy amplifier have all been demonstrated. Building an energy amplifier requires only some engineering effort, not fundamental research (unlike nuclear fusion proposals).
Power generation might be economical compared to current nuclear reactor designs if the total fuel cycle and decommissioning costs are considered.
The design could work on a relatively small scale, making it more suitable for countries without a well-developed power grid system
Inherent safety and safe fuel transport could make the technology more suitable for developing countries as well as in densely populated areas.

I took the liberty of bolding the statement that is most pertinent to why Thorium is used as a "ground state solidifier coating" with quantum entangled particles during Project Swiss Watch TTE's (time travel excursions) in order to reduce information loss.

And that is: it's proliferation resistance. Thus, it can act as a sort of restrictor or governor to help the engineers better discern particle velocity and location. Think of it as a gluon-type force when used in this manner.

Next?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 8:13:26 PM
At 6/3/2015 5:43:12 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/3/2015 10:50:29 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Anyway...great post!!

So..now we can add Thorium to the list of things that you are a bit wanting in knowledge on.

Some basics.......

Advantages........
The concept has several potential advantages over conventional nuclear fission reactors:
Subcritical design means that the reaction could not run away " if anything went wrong, the reaction would stop and the reactor would cool down. A meltdown could however occur if the ability to cool the core was lost.
Thorium is an abundant element " much more so than uranium " reducing strategic and political supply issues and eliminating costly and energy-intensive isotope separation. There is enough thorium to generate energy for at least several thousand years at current consumption rates.
The energy amplifier would produce very little plutonium, so the design is believed to be more proliferation-resistant than conventional nuclear power (although the question of uranium-233 as nuclear weapon material must be assessed carefully).
The possibility exists of using the reactor to consume plutonium, reducing the world stockpile of the very-long-lived element.
Less long-lived radioactive waste is produced " the waste material would decay after 500 years to the radioactive level of coal ash.
No new science is required; the technologies to build the energy amplifier have all been demonstrated. Building an energy amplifier requires only some engineering effort, not fundamental research (unlike nuclear fusion proposals).
Power generation might be economical compared to current nuclear reactor designs if the total fuel cycle and decommissioning costs are considered.
The design could work on a relatively small scale, making it more suitable for countries without a well-developed power grid system
Inherent safety and safe fuel transport could make the technology more suitable for developing countries as well as in densely populated areas.

I took the liberty of bolding the statement that is most pertinent to why Thorium is used as a "ground state solidifier coating" with quantum entangled particles during Project Swiss Watch TTE's (time travel excursions) in order to reduce information loss.

And that is: it's proliferation resistance. Thus, it can act as a sort of restrictor or governor to help the engineers better discern particle velocity and location. Think of it as a gluon-type force when used in this manner.

Next?

You lifted that from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

That is merely an energy amplifier in which a beam of protons is directed at a plate of thorium, thus creating energy, it's called spalling, this is nothing new.

It does not in any way support your completely retarded notion of encapsulating information within entangled pairs of photons.