Debunking evolution...

B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 2:38:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Can you solve the following riddle by Perry Marshall?"

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.

2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.

3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you"ve toppled my proof. All you need is one.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 3:20:31 PM
1) Allow me to define something a certain way

2) Here is the definition

3) See? I'm right...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 3:26:12 PM
At 6/18/2015 2:38:59 PM, B0HICA wrote:

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.

2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you"ve toppled my proof. All you need is one.

F

F

F

B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 3:43:01 PM
At 6/18/2015 3:26:12 PM, Otokage wrote:

F

F

F

You, and Fly are avoiding the question. Show me one observed example of nature creating a code. You can't. You lose.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 3:50:26 PM
At 6/18/2015 3:20:31 PM, Fly wrote:
1) Allow me to define something a certain way

2) Here is the definition

3) See? I'm right...

Well, you are right. "information", by definition, comes from an intelligent being. So, the real debate here is whether DNA actually is information, or just acts like the most incredibly sophisticated coding mechanism ever.

It's the same old "Ya gonna believe me, or your own common sense" that is the constant theme of evolution.
This space for rent.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 4:02:53 PM

I might be mistaken, but is the creation of a code referring to the origin of life and not how species diversify?

Define evolution in your own words.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 4:04:57 PM

The evidence suggests self replicating nucleotide sequences can arise naturally. Evolution via selection demonstrates how information can be created.

However, using your logic, I can also disprove creationism:

1.) every thing in the natural world that has been observed to occur without human intervention has been observed to occur through purely natural means.

2.) life has occurred without human intervention.

3,) therefore life occurred via purely natural means.
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 4:22:12 PM
At 6/18/2015 4:02:53 PM, SamStevens wrote:

I might be mistaken, but is the creation of a code referring to the origin of life and not how species diversify?

Define evolution in your own words.

DNA is specified complex information. That is what is meant by a code. DNA is actually a language. The cell reads this information and uses it to accomplish specific tasks. There is no know method whereby nature can create such information on it's own.

As far as a definition of evolution goes, I'm referring to Darwinian evolution.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 4:39:55 PM

LOL. The title says, "Debunking Evolution", yet there isn't anything here relating to evolution. All there is here are disingenuous misrepresentations of science leading to an absurd and fallacious conclusion based on monumental ignorance and incredulity.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 4:41:25 PM
At 6/18/2015 4:22:12 PM, B0HICA wrote:

Of which you have no clue, evidently. Perhaps, this will help you get started:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 5:06:12 PM
At 6/18/2015 4:41:25 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

You're still avoiding the question. Can you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally?
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 5:25:53 PM
At 6/18/2015 5:06:12 PM, B0HICA wrote:

You're still avoiding the question. Can you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally?

DNA does.
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 5:43:53 PM
At 6/18/2015 5:25:53 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

DNA does.

We don't know how DNA came about. Scientists have theories, but they simply don't KNOW. Disciplines such as microbiology show that even the simplest life forms are complex beyond anything man can create. The human brain has 100 billion cells, with each cell having 50 thousand connections to other cells. These cells are arranged in such a way that the brain uses different parts of itself to do specific things. Also, if the brain is damaged, other parts of it can take over the functions of the damaged section. There is one person who was shot in the head. He lost half of his brain, yet he survived and even graduated from college. And you expect us to believe that all of this evolved by random mutations? Some people will believe anything.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:08:22 PM
At 6/18/2015 5:43:53 PM, B0HICA wrote:

DNA does.

We don't know how DNA came about. Scientists have theories, but they simply don't KNOW.

The evidence suggests self replicating nucleotide sequences can arise naturally. Evolution via selection demonstrates how information can be created.

However, using your logic, I can also disprove creationism:

1.) every thing in the natural world that has been observed to occur without human intervention has been observed to occur through purely natural means.

2.) life has occurred without human intervention.

3,) therefore life occurred via purely natural means.

Disciplines such as microbiology show that even the simplest life forms are complex beyond anything man can create. The human brain has 100 billion cells, with each cell having 50 thousand connections to other cells. These cells are arranged in such a way that the brain uses different parts of itself to do specific things. Also, if the brain is damaged, other parts of it can take over the functions of the damaged section. There is one person who was shot in the head. He lost half of his brain, yet he survived and even graduated from college. And you expect us to believe that all of this evolved by random mutations? Some people will believe anything.

Personal incredulity is not an argument. The evidence shows that it evolved via random mutations and selection yielding an incredibly numerous and broad system of trial and error operating over 3.8bn + years.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:10:23 PM

DNA does.

We don't know how DNA came about. Scientists have theories, but they simply don't KNOW.

Not evolution. This is the origin of life.

Disciplines such as microbiology show that even the simplest life forms are complex beyond anything man can create. The human brain has 100 billion cells, with each cell having 50 thousand connections to other cells. These cells are arranged in such a way that the brain uses different parts of itself to do specific things. Also, if the brain is damaged, other parts of it can take over the functions of the damaged section. There is one person who was shot in the head. He lost half of his brain, yet he survived and even graduated from college.

And you expect us to believe that all of this evolved by random mutations? Some people will believe anything.

Speciation/evolution examples:
http://phylointelligence.com...

Evolution is not far fetched.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:13:30 PM

By code, do you mean "where specific non random information is encoded by substiting the information with some other representation?"

Is that definition acceptable? It is important to agree definitions.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 6:28:01 PM
At 6/18/2015 3:43:01 PM, B0HICA wrote:

F

F

F

You, and Fly are avoiding the question. Show me one observed example of nature creating a code. You can't. You lose.

It's not a question; it's a challenge. What I did was illustrate the invalidity of your challenge. Invalid challenges should be avoided.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:30:22 PM
At 6/18/2015 6:28:01 PM, Fly wrote:
At 6/18/2015 3:43:01 PM, B0HICA wrote:

F

F

F

It's not a question; it's a challenge. What I did was illustrate the invalidity of your challenge. Invalid challenges should be avoided.

What you did, was dodge the question. You can explain it any way you want, but that's what you did.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:41:35 PM

The question is irrelevant, I am trying to get you to learn something about evolution so you can respond intelligently rather than stupidly.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 9:44:24 PM

DNA does.

We don't know how DNA came about. Scientists have theories, but they simply don't KNOW. Disciplines such as microbiology show that even the simplest life forms are complex beyond anything man can create. The human brain has 100 billion cells, with each cell having 50 thousand connections to other cells. These cells are arranged in such a way that the brain uses different parts of itself to do specific things. Also, if the brain is damaged, other parts of it can take over the functions of the damaged section. There is one person who was shot in the head. He lost half of his brain, yet he survived and even graduated from college. And you expect us to believe that all of this evolved by random mutations? Some people will believe anything.

Yet, another irrelevant word salad that has nothing to do with "Debunking evolution" or even remotely to do with evolution.
Sosoconfused
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 2:07:03 AM

This premise if flawed. You are using a typical way to describe DNA in order to make its function more easily understandable and turning that into a definition. DNA is not a code, it's certainly not language. DNA is more akin to a catalyst than it is language or a code in how it functions. In a sense, this is an argument of false analogy.

This is an argument from incredulity. You're basically saying it is impossible for DNA to form naturally because there is no molecule as complex as DNA that we can point to as having been observed to have formed naturally. However, that doesn't eliminate the possibility of DNA being a natural molecule.

Not true; if we can show an error in your logic or you're premises then your argument is toppled all the same.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 2:34:13 AM

The words you use in your premise are loaded. Codes and languages are ultimatly patterns, if you want natural forming patterns crystals are a great example. Also fractals are common in plants. Do plants have minds?
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 2:45:41 AM

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you've toppled my proof. All you need is one.

That doesn't debunk evolution though...
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 3:27:01 AM
"Not true; if we can show an error in your logic or you're premises then your argument is toppled all the same.

This premise if flawed. You are using a typical way to describe DNA in order to make its function more easily understandable and turning that into a definition. DNA is not a code, it's certainly not language. DNA is more akin to a catalyst than it is language or a code in how it functions. In a sense, this is an argument of false analogy. "

Wrong! DNA meets all of the requirements for a language. It contains complex specified information that is read and acted upon.

" This is an argument from incredulity. You're basically saying it is impossible for DNA to form naturally because there is no molecule as complex as DNA that we can point to as having been observed to have formed naturally. However, that doesn't eliminate the possibility of DNA being a natural molecule."

Wrong again! There is no way that random mutations can create a ordered language, as described in response to your last statement. It is a well proven fact that mutations do not create information. They destroy it.

"Not true; if we can show an error in your logic or you're premises then your argument is toppled all the same."

And you have failed to do so.
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 3:33:29 AM
At 6/19/2015 2:34:13 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

The words you use in your premise are loaded. Codes and languages are ultimatly patterns, if you want natural forming patterns crystals are a great example. Also fractals are common in plants. Do plants have minds?

Why don't you look up the definition of language. It could have saved you some embarrassment. Crystals do not contain any meaningful information. Neither do fractals in plants. DNA does. It is read and acted upon by the machinery in every cell. It tells thousands of components what to do, and when to do it. And even though our DNA is coiled up inside the nucleus, any part of it can be unpacked and read as needed. I guess you're one of those who think random mutations are responsible for this miracle of micro-engineering. You poor slob.
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 3:36:06 AM
At 6/19/2015 2:45:41 AM, Defro wrote:

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you've toppled my proof. All you need is one.

That doesn't debunk evolution though...

Can you provide evidence of how nature can produce a complex code, such as DNA? You cannot. No one can. And even if it didn't debunk evolution, it certainly doesn't help it. Yet you believe in it, despite a lack of evidence.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 3:47:15 AM
At 6/19/2015 3:33:29 AM, B0HICA wrote:

Why don't you look up the definition of language. It could have saved you some embarrassment. Crystals do not contain any meaningful information. Neither do fractals in plants. DNA does. It is read and acted upon by the machinery in every cell. It tells thousands of components what to do, and when to do it. And even though our DNA is coiled up inside the nucleus, any part of it can be unpacked and read as needed. I guess you're one of those who think random mutations are responsible for this miracle of micro-engineering. You poor slob.

It's not even worth the time to tell you what a dumba$$ you are. You're too willfully ignorant.
B0HICA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 4:58:26 AM
At 6/19/2015 3:47:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 6/19/2015 3:33:29 AM, B0HICA wrote:

It's not even worth the time to tell you what a dumba$$ you are. You're too willfully ignorant.

Well then. It's a good thing your opinion means absolutely nothing to me, or you might have hurt my feelings. Have a nice day.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2015 5:20:23 AM

Your so-called argument basically defines DNA as non-natural in order to reach its conclusion. Pathetic really.

However, to answer your challenge:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

The bee waggle dance is a naturally occurring code. Proof toppled. Lol.